Hey i got my Fuel from case-mate a few days ago, and been having a problem with it. I charged it for about 10 hours, and the LED indicator turned green, signifying a full charge. Despite this, when i try to charge my Bold with the Fuel, my Bold will not charge. The LED indicator will flash green when i turn it on, but my Bold does not charge at all.

Can anyone with the case help me out here?
    06-07-09 07:00 AM
    I'm not too sure about this one. There have been other posts on this forum about the fuel and it not working too well. I guess when it comes down to it there may be a problem with the phone's charging connectors or an actual problem with the fuel. Try a different bold in it if possible to see if it is just your phone that has the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 07:51 AM
    Hmm interesting. Thanks for your reply. I contacted case-mate, they said theyd mail me out a replacement, but i am questioning the quality of this product.
    06-07-09 08:29 AM
    update: tried to use a different bold on the case mate fuel, and it still wouldnt charge.
    06-07-09 12:33 PM
    I forwarded this post to my buddy who has one and he thinks you have a defective unit. His works flawlessly and says its the best investment he made for his Bold.

06-07-09 01:36 PM
    Mine also charged my mold too. However one of the screws must have been cracked since the head of it snapped off.
    06-07-09 02:13 PM
    I wouldn't pay 80 bucks for one, an extra battery is good enough for me!
    06-07-09 02:23 PM
    The original fuel had issues, and was re-released. There was a small subset of devices that had one or two faults in it. These should have been fixed. Contact support and I am sure they will be more than happy to help.
    06-07-09 03:12 PM
    CMEC, it is also a sturdy and high quality case. I think 80 is a good price. You get a large battery and a holser. Seidio and others charge a lot just for their holster combo...

06-07-09 03:14 PM
    ^^ I hear you, my only fear would be it not working after a couple of months of owning. For the most part an extra battery should last you more then a year with zero problems. It does make sense if you were going to buy an extened battery through Seidio though.
    06-07-09 03:26 PM
    I have 3 spare chargers:
    1) a USB battery that I used to use for my iphone, changed the connector and I'm good to go with my BB.
    2) a AA emergency charger I got off ebay for 3 dollars (works like a charm, and I can just buy a AA battery or steal one out of a friends clock, and I'm set)
    3) a motorola P970 or something like that, it's a cute little puck!

I love them all. And total for all 3 was under 40 bucks Probably even under 30 :s.
    06-07-09 03:43 PM
    Make sure your charging contacts are NOT painted. You must have the original chrome contacts.
    06-07-09 03:45 PM
    Make sure your charging contacts are NOT painted. You must have the original chrome contacts.
    Hmmmm... I've never used a charger using the contacts. Do a lot of you people use some kind of charger using the contacts and not hte USB? is that the cool new thing?
    06-07-09 03:54 PM
    Hmmmm... I've never used a charger using the contacts. Do a lot of you people use some kind of charger using the contacts and not hte USB? is that the cool new thing?
    You don't have to use them, but the case-mate fuel and the desktop chargers where the phone stands up in the charger use the contacts on the phone for charging. Pretty slick, it may be the only BB that has that feature. Correct me if I am wrong fellow forum members.
    06-07-09 04:11 PM
    Yea i think i have a defective unit as well. Why does case-mate have so many problems? I feel like it's always a gamble when you purchase from them.

Do i contact case-mate for a replacement or crackberry? I bought it from crackberry
    06-07-09 09:30 PM
    I forwarded this post to my buddy who has one and he thinks you have a defective unit. His works flawlessly and says its the best investment he made for his Bold.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.
    06-07-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD