Did a LOT a research and I'm down to these three for my baby (9700)..Help me decide..

pros
    cons
    what did you buy
    how much did you pay
    where did you buy
    how long did it take for delivery

Thanks
    12-18-09 11:12 AM
    I got the Incipio...my main reason for it is it fits in the oem case.

Only con i see on this case is the top and bottome is exposed.
    12-18-09 11:36 AM
    I got the Incipio...my main reason for it is it fits in the oem case.

Only con i see on this case is the top and bottome is exposed.
    ^^ do you think it will stand up to falls/drops (accidental ofcourse)??
    12-18-09 11:40 AM

It's pretty thin....so I don't really know.

I've always believe BB's are bulletproof so the case I got is
    to keep it nice and clean. Again, biggest plus, is that it fits the oem
    holster.
    12-18-09 12:55 PM
    I have heard stories of the Incipio Feather cracking when hitting the ground, but they look really nice if not dropped.

I dropped my old 8900 a couple of times and the Epik case protected it, with no harm to the phone or case.

Not sure about the Barely There.
    12-18-09 03:44 PM
    I hade a incipio featherlite on my 8900 loved it but then it started to crack on the corners from some battery pulls

Now i have a casemate barely there on my 9700, a little thicker and smoother than the incipio, but I like it a lot.

If i compare the weights of the two the casemate is def heavier but stronger.
    12-18-09 03:49 PM
    IMO if the whole phone is not covered and the case has no raised lip around the face its going to get damaged in a drop. If the whole phone is not covered the case is a waste of time and money.
    12-18-09 04:22 PM
    I currently use the Leather Pocket OEM from BlackBerry, but i have Epik Cases on the way, should be here next week or the week after depending on the holiday backup with mail, got them from Justin, i was thinking of picking up the OEM one but i was able to get 2 cases from justin for $12.50 shipped
    12-18-09 05:10 PM
    I currently use the Leather Pocket OEM from BlackBerry, but i have Epik Cases on the way, should be here next week or the week after depending on the holiday backup with mail, got them from Justin, i was thinking of picking up the OEM one but i was able to get 2 cases from justin for $12.50 shipped
    LOVE the Epik cases from Justin! The fit is really snug compared to the OEM silicone cases but it should give great protection. It still fits in the OEM holster too! Received them on the 3rd business day after I ordered them (AZ to OH)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 11:03 PM
    I have been using the casemate barely there and its amazing!
    12-19-09 12:46 AM
    Ordered two epik skins they should be in today or monday , ill let you know

12-19-09 01:00 AM
    LOVE the Epik cases from Justin! The fit is really snug compared to the OEM silicone cases but it should give great protection. It still fits in the OEM holster too! Received them on the 3rd business day after I ordered them (AZ to OH)

It still fits in the stock OEM belt clip?? Does the magnetic sensor still work too?? That would be fantastic

12-19-09 01:49 AM
    IMO if the whole phone is not covered and the case has no raised lip around the face its going to get damaged in a drop. If the whole phone is not covered the case is a waste of time and money.
    ^^ so ur vote is for the Epik? (Does it have the 'raised lip around the face'?)

12-19-09 09:10 AM
    It still fits in the stock OEM belt clip?? Does the magnetic sensor still work too?? That would be fantastic

Can anyone confirm that the Epik skin for 9700 still fits into the oem leather holster than came with the phone. If it does, is it snug or next to impossible to get in/out?

Also looking for confirmation that with the Epik gel in the holster, the mangetic sensor still works and puts the phone to sleep mode to save battery.

Thanks

12-19-09 09:34 AM
    Can anyone confirm that the Epik skin for 9700 still fits into the oem leather holster than came with the phone. If it does, is it snug or next to impossible to get in/out?

Also looking for confirmation that with the Epik gel in the holster, the mangetic sensor still works and puts the phone to sleep mode to save battery.

Thanks

anyone know f this works, I will be very happy if both of these thins can still work with the Epik Skin
    12-19-09 02:47 PM
    I suggest the blackberry otterbox impact case its nice
    12-19-09 03:02 PM
    I rec'd my Epik Resin cases in the mail today. They're cheap, durable, snug, aesthetically pleasing and don't add bulk to the phone. Plus, they come with free screen protectors.

12-19-09 03:44 PM
    I rec'd my Epik Resin cases in the mail today. They're cheap, durable, snug, aesthetically pleasing and don't add bulk to the phone. Plus, they come with free screen protectors.

Did u order from JustinD2473? Pictures please!

With the Epik, does the 9700 still fit in the oem leather holster? Does it still put the phone into sleep mode with the skin on?

What is the pro's of Epik over other gel skins out there? Thanks!

12-19-09 05:00 PM
    How does the Epik Skin feel? Does it make the 9700 thicker? I really love how thin the 9700 is
    12-19-09 05:07 PM
    I have had an epik case for a few days now. I bought it for $4.99 shipped on ebay from dmugen I believe, came with a screen protector as well. It took about a week and a half to two weeks to get to Miami from hong kong. I love this case, it doesn't really add any bulk to the case, it isn't sticky and is slightly slick but still stays in your hands pretty good.

It does fit into the OEM holster, that is how I use it and it fits snug but doesn't make it impossible to get in or out at all. And it also does put it into sleep mode as far as I've tested it.

Best buy for the money hands down!

12-19-09 05:18 PM
    I have had an epik case for a few days now. I bought it for $4.99 shipped on ebay from dmugen I believe, came with a screen protector as well. It took about a week and a half to two weeks to get to Miami from hong kong. I love this case, it doesn't really add any bulk to the case, it isn't sticky and is slightly slick but still stays in your hands pretty good.

It does fit into the OEM holster, that is how I use it and it fits snug but doesn't make it impossible to get in or out at all. And it also does put it into sleep mode as far as I've tested it.

Best buy for the money hands down!

Great feedback. Have to ask...pictures? Esp. fit into owm holster?

Did anyone get the Epik out of the US from JustinD2473 out of Arizona? Is it the same product? Does his also come with screen protectors?

Thanks again!

12-19-09 05:22 PM
    Great feedback. Have to ask...pictures? Esp. fit into owm holster?

Did anyone get the Epik out of the US from JustinD2473 out of Arizona? Is it the same product? Does his also come with screen protectors?

Thanks again!

I will post pictures soon, just have to take them.

I believe the product Justin sells is the same but I do not think he sells them with screen protectors.
    12-19-09 05:59 PM
    Here are the pictures as requested.

12-20-09 10:48 AM
    Here are the pictures as requested.
    Do the lock and standby buttons work with the epik??

12-20-09 11:28 AM
    I will post pictures soon, just have to take them.

I believe the product Justin sells is the same but I do not think he sells them with screen protectors.
    correct a little more expensive from Justin and no screen protectors but i'd rather spend a couple extra dollars then wait for it to ship from HongKong. and i already have a few BSE screen protectors anyways. I bought 2 from Justin last week i'll let you know when i get them
    12-20-09 11:30 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD