Anyone got any experience with this case? It's going to be available here in the UK by the end of the week for ~�15.

There are little to no cases currently available in the UK apart from really cheap ones off of ebay which are horrible and barely fit the device.

Case-Mate BlackBerry 9800 Barely There Cases (Case-Mate BB9800BT), BlackBerry Torch 9800 CasesHolsters, Skins, and Accessories
    10-04-10 08:08 AM
    It's fairly solid. Got a slight rubberized feel to it without feeling sticky. Only thing is, the piece that attaches to the screen has a clip that clips on to the bottom part of the screen - when the slider closes it makes screen ride up slightly at the bottom when the clip hits the hump at the bottom of the keyboard.
    10-04-10 08:21 AM
    It's fairly solid. Got a slight rubberized feel to it without feeling sticky. Only thing is, the piece that attaches to the screen has a clip that clips on to the bottom part of the screen - when the slider closes it makes screen ride up slightly at the bottom when the clip hits the hump at the bottom of the keyboard.
    Would you say this is major problem/annoyance? Or can you live with it.

Also, what is the screen protector like that comes with it?
    10-04-10 08:31 AM
    Because the bottom of the screen is now raised slightly, it bounces downwards a little when you press on any of the hardware keys beside the trackpad. A minor annoyance more than anything else. I'm more concerned about the long term effects it would have on the slider mechanism by having it constantly pushed upwards in the closed position.

The screen protector is one of those static cling ones.

I've ordered the AGF GRT case as I read it attaches differently to the phone. I guess we'll see how it goes when it gets here.
    Last edited by Blackberry Guy; 10-04-10 at 11:22 AM.
    10-04-10 11:20 AM
    I had the case. Overall liked it, and it did protect the phone when I dropped it twice. I decided to use a body skin, though, because I just don't like cases, no matter how thin they are.

I did have a hard time getting the front piece that attaches to the slider on. The tabs that lock it in place can easily break off, so be careful.
    10-04-10 12:56 PM
    The back piece is hard to take off because it hooks onto the speaker opening and it tends to pry the back of the phone off if you are not careful. The front piece tends to fall off when you open the slider plus it gets in the way of the row of buttons on the phone so I just use it without the front piece
    10-04-10 03:57 PM
    Please post pictures.
    10-04-10 05:33 PM
    I had the carbon fiber barely there case. It was nice, HOWEVER, I had issues with the clips on the top of the screen piece. They kept breaking off, maybe it was a bad batch of cases or I have a slightly larger phone screen. I do miss it though, it was a nice case, just tried 2 different ones with the same results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 06:36 PM
    10-04-10 09:38 PM
    I cant wait for seidio they make great cases you cant go wrong wit it to bad they keep saying coming soon. I hope so
    10-04-10 09:57 PM
    I've ordered the AGF GRT case as I read it attaches differently to the phone. I guess we'll see how it goes when it gets here.
    awesome. thanks

10-05-10 08:02 AM
    I've looked at that case. It's not available in the UK yet, and costs a bomb to ship over to the UK. I'm sure whether I like how thick it is either.

Give my back my Bold lol! I just got one of them OEM Silicone cases and it fit perfectly.
    10-05-10 09:53 AM
    Because the bottom of the screen is now raised slightly, it bounces downwards a little when you press on any of the hardware keys beside the trackpad. A minor annoyance more than anything else. I'm more concerned about the long term effects it would have on the slider mechanism by having it constantly pushed upwards in the closed position.

The screen protector is one of those static cling ones.

I bought a similar case from Telus that did the same thing with regards to the clips at the front creating a bit of a "bounce". I didn't think it would be good for the slider mechanism over time so I returned it. I was looking at the Mobi Products Hard Shell Case and I'm wondering if you by any chance have any experience with it, and if so, does it do the same thing with the front clips?
    10-05-10 10:38 AM
    I bought a similar case from Telus that did the same thing with regards to the clips at the front creating a bit of a "bounce". I didn't think it would be good for the slider mechanism over time so I returned it. I was looking at the Mobi Products Hard Shell Case and I'm wondering if you by any chance have any experience with it, and if so, does it do the same thing with the front clips?
    I have the mobi one on the way. Check back with me in a few days and I'll let you know. I usually go through 4 or 5 cases until I find one I like lol.

10-05-10 02:46 PM
    I have the mobi one on the way. Check back with me in a few days and I'll let you know. I usually go through 4 or 5 cases until I find one I like lol.

I'm looking forward to your review. I tried to explain to someone what the case did that I bought (with the 'bounce' issue) but they didn't get what I was saying. You're the only other one I've heard describing the same thing so I know you "get it" lol

Post back with your comments and opinions if you would. I really HATE having nothing on my Torch... it's kinda slippery and I'm paranoid about dropping it! When I'm out and about I keep it in my 9000's horizontal leather pouch and it works great, but it's no good for when you're actually using your BB.
    10-05-10 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD