ok i found that there are many protector cases for sale on this site but none for my flip phone. and none on the blackberry site... am i missing something?? i look on ebay and they have many that say hard plastic snap on cover.. im kinda thining this my scratch my phone... they have rubber ones but they kinda cheapen the look of the phone. god forbid i drop my phone( my new most prized and loved item) but will these cases protect it any way? has any one used the cheap plastic cover?? idk.
    08-16-09 05:44 AM
    I bought a plastic cover for the Pearl Flip (8230) from Amazon: it's not bad. I put the screen protector for a Palm (sticks better and not permanent) to cover the outside screen, under the plastic cover.

FYI: The phone seems pretty durable to have survived, case-less, in pants pockets with keys for a month. (It's not my phone.)
    08-16-09 09:27 AM
    I'm more of a function over form person, so I myself just use the flip case. It provides screen protection, as well as cushioning any drops. Mine is dropped occasionally, and only has a small ding in the finish (where the case doesn't cover) to show for it.

I've got the VZW version, but something like this is what I am referring to:

8220 case
    08-17-09 05:42 PM
    yeah. . . the only cases I've found for the 8220 were magnetic cover cases, the kind i thought weren't for flip phones. but the one i had worked really well, until the clip broke of that is. and the phone is real durable
    08-18-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD