I am very confused about which case to purchase. I am going to be getting a Tour on my upgrade day (Sept 20th) but cant seem to figure out which case to get. I work as a service writer for a auto dealer and do spend time in the shop so protection is key. I was leaning toward the otterbox Defender but it looks huge, no one local has any for me to see first hand. screen and keyboard protection is a must

any help is appreciated
    Brian
    09-11-09 09:38 PM
    try the sedio innocase 360, ive got the innocase surface 2 and like it, but the 360 sounds like what you want
    09-11-09 09:45 PM
    there is a great review of the otterbox defender and the seidio innocase 360 on this site, both include very detailed pictures maybe that would help your decision
    09-11-09 11:12 PM
    The otterbox is bulky, but you won't find better protection. I am pretty sure Otterbox has a 30 day return policy, but I would call to confirm.

If you want something not as bulky, I would recommend the Innocase II with the holster and a screen protector. I like the Innocase II better than the 360 because if you drop the phone, I think the II holds up better. Check the reviews on this..

Also, tons of youtube video's on both cases.
    09-11-09 11:23 PM
    I have the Otterbox Defender and it works for me. It is snug in the belt clip without being too tight, as the Otterbox for my 8330 was. The "bulk" issue went away after the 2nd day, I don't think about it anymore. The Otterbox Defender protects the keyboard & screen as well as the Berry itself.

One issue you might want to consider, is that I found I needed a "battery pull utility", such as Quick Pull, (free), Quick Pull Pro, ($), or MeterBerry, ($), which is what I have. It's a minor chore to remove the Otterbox to do a manual battery pull.

Otterbox has great customer service as well.
    09-12-09 12:03 AM
    Otterbox hands down. I love it. Its a little bulky but boy does it protect your phone!
    09-12-09 12:26 AM
    If you are interested in the otterbox defender it is on sale at buy.com for like 30 bucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 12:37 AM
    I just bought one myself, I am looking long term and this case will definitely protect it from the elements. You never know, a new phone will come out in 2 years and just by keeping it in pristine condition, it would sell more off balancing our crackberry addiction. I am very excited with this case and can't wait to put it on.

09-12-09 12:40 AM
    Epik case is one of the best cases out there for the TOUR. There is a thread about the Epik case.
    09-12-09 08:14 AM
    I have an Epik case as well and I like it but I'd wait until they fix the charging port and headphone jack issues before getting one if I were you. I was told by the eBay vendor that they would be fixed soon though.

09-12-09 09:14 AM
    I have an Epik case as well and I like it but I'd wait until they fix the charging port and headphone jack issues before getting one if I were you. I was told by the eBay vendor that they would be fixed soon though.

I bought the epic and like it better than the BB silicone cases. They only problem are the alignment issues with the charger and headphone jacks. However, u cant beat their price. I use it in combination with the provided BB holster and it works great. Epik even gives you a screen protector.
    09-12-09 10:19 AM
    Has any one compared the Seidio Innocase 360 and the otterbox defender against one another, and / or have both of them. can make up my mind between teh 2. I would also consider the O commuter but there is no keyboard protection
    09-19-09 11:01 AM
    Has any one compared the Seidio Innocase 360 and the otterbox defender against one another, and / or have both of them. can make up my mind between teh 2. I would also consider the O commuter but there is no keyboard protection
    Maybe you can convince Kingzee to try one more case. He seems to have tried and video-reviewed so many, what's one more! Find one of his threads on his video reviews and ask him! I'd be curious, too. I do have the Defender.
    09-19-09 11:40 AM
    i am still leaning toward the defender but the seido looks nic too. the defender looks like it adds ALOT of thickness

comfy is it in your pocket or do u have to holster the thing.... i would perfer it in teh pocket

Brian
    09-19-09 11:51 AM
    Also bear in mind that if you buy a seidio case with their holster, it does NOT sit flush against the sceen. There is a gap. I just received the Innocase II with holster and I'm not sure that gap works for me.
    09-19-09 12:05 PM
    Why not try the case mate forget the name but it covers ur whole phone like the 360 does

I have it for my storm and love it wouldn't get another case

09-19-09 12:07 PM
    I have had my 360 for just over two weeks and have to say I'm not exactly thrilled with the product.

I love the feel of the case and am happy with the protection it seems to afford. However, not only did the keyboard skin immediately started to wear to white on many of the key 'edges' it also has bubbled in the middle - as if it's too big for the BB.

The keyboard cover actually bubbles up enough that it sticks above the case itself - interesting because it's inset from the edges enough that SOME bubbling wouldn't show, but I think it's a bit extreme.

09-19-09 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD