I got my Blackberry the other day, and I want one of those rubbery cases to keep it from scratching.

Which ones are good, and which ones should I stay away from??

Thanks in advance!

Nicky
    03-11-09 03:48 PM
    stay away from hard cases, (idk about the innocase II) but stay away from the hard, cheap snap one cases. I got a rubberized feel one and oh boy do I regret it. I'd advise you to buy an invisible sheild or BSE at least for the screen and use the oem silicone skin that blackberry makes. Or use the screen protector and stick with the oem pouch. personally i like my phone naked, among other things
    03-11-09 04:13 PM
    I use the OEM silicon skin with the standard OEM leather holster/pouch (w/ratchet belt clip) on my 8300. I went through absolute **** with Fortte on one of their holsters, and now I'm back to the OEM. It's simple. It's cheap. It works. It lasts longer than the triple-the-price Fortte I had.
    03-11-09 04:18 PM
    I have a clear hard case thats not cheap at all and it works perfectly. Covers my complete phone (around the edges where it gets damaged). Keeps it from any scratches and it feels good in hand.
    03-11-09 04:21 PM
    A "skin" combined with a RIM leather case works best for me.
    03-11-09 04:35 PM
    I'm using the OEM skin and a Clarivue screen protector. Yes, I have dropped it once in the whole week I've had the phone, but thankfully no scratches. Looking into getting the Seidio Innocase II just to have something different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 05:33 PM
    stay away from hard cases, (idk about the innocase II) but stay away from the hard, cheap snap one cases. I got a rubberized feel one and oh boy do I regret it. I'd advise you to buy an invisible sheild or BSE at least for the screen and use the oem silicone skin that blackberry makes. Or use the screen protector and stick with the oem pouch. personally i like my phone naked, among other things
    So you mean the ones you buy at the mall with flowers on them? They're not the best out there?!! What??!?

i like the rubber cases..but it makes it hard to slide into your pocket... :/
    Last edited by olliegrl; 03-11-09 at 05:41 PM.
    03-11-09 05:38 PM
    A "skin" combined with a RIM leather case works best for me.
    Agreed! I actually bought the TMo skin (non OEM, maybe Seidio) as I think it offers slightly better protection than the RIM skin. Either way, you're fine! I use that skin on my 8900 with the Bold case. Helps it slide in better.
    03-11-09 06:54 PM
    I really like a nice inexpensive silicone skin.... I bought mine on eBay a long time ago.
    03-11-09 07:03 PM
    post some pics!
    03-11-09 07:09 PM
    Skin and leather. I must say I like the OEM ones.. they seem high quality and are lasting for me. I should mention that each do have their own place where they're more suited.
    03-11-09 08:06 PM
    Best combo = clarivue screen protector + oem silicone skin + rim leather case w/ belt clip for the curve 1

I have the red and blue skins and it looks for with the black leather case AND its protected to the MAX! Lol I'm gonna get the black skin soon too!

03-11-09 10:15 PM
    seidio innocase II (black) w/clarivue ultra clear screen protector. all covered.
    03-11-09 11:33 PM
    Go to Bodyguardz i have one of them on my phone comes complete with everything for like 24 bucks and then just use the silicone case it works perfect!
    03-11-09 11:36 PM
    03-11-09 11:39 PM
    i really like mine. got it from the VZW store.

03-12-09 12:44 AM
    ^ i kinda like that look of tire treads. I don't suppose they make one for the 8900.
    03-12-09 12:53 AM
    I use the OEM silicone case and I like it cause it's not too thick and provides a good grip.
    03-12-09 12:57 AM
    another vote for the oem skin. i tried a 3rd party skin that covers the area above the screen thinking it'd provide more protection but the bottom of the 3rd party skin has a huge gap. imo, that's an area that needs to be protected if dropped, more so than the exposed area above the screen on the oem skin. plus, the oem is just a better fit and is made from better silicone material.

skin+clarivue screen saver=all the protection my 8900 needs

i will try a leather case, when i find one i like with sleep functions, just to give me an alternative to the silicone skin. i do like to admire my naked 8900 now and then.
    03-12-09 01:14 AM
    [QUOTE i do like to admire my naked 8900 now and then.[/QUOTE]

dirty!

and does it have to be an OEM case? what's so special about them? Wouldn't one from the mall or any other one off ebay work just as well?
    Last edited by olliegrl; 03-12-09 at 01:28 AM.
    03-12-09 01:22 AM
    I'm a holster guy. I don't do pockets and I don't do rubber... I've done the InvShield and that turned orange on me. I like a nice stylish case.... It's made by BlackBerry for my BlackBerry. Sleeper function...sturdy. I'm happy....
    Attachment 16843

Attachment 16842
    03-12-09 01:38 AM
    [QUOTE i do like to admire my naked 8900 now and then.
    dirty!

and does it have to be an OEM case? what's so special about them? Wouldn't one from the mall or any other one off ebay work just as well?[/QUOTE]
    quality and sleeper function would be the major diff between an oem and an aftermarket case.
    03-12-09 01:41 AM
    When ur talking bout sleep function, doesn't that only apply to holsters. IE holster mode, phone gets put to sleep.

03-12-09 12:55 PM
    I'm a holster guy. I don't do pockets and I don't do rubber... I've done the InvShield and that turned orange on me. I like a nice stylish case.... It's made by BlackBerry for my BlackBerry. Sleeper function...sturdy. I'm happy....
    Attachment 16843

Attachment 16842
    Anyone knows if Curve with Innocase II fits into this holster? Thanks.
    03-13-09 01:43 PM
    seidio innocase II (black) w/clarivue ultra clear screen protector. all covered.
    That is my setup!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!
    03-13-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD