Has anyone else noticed this with their Incipio cases? This is my second featherlite case by Incipio. The first one fit like a glove but had this obnoxious peeling affair going on. The second one, which was replaced as part of their warranty program, didn't fit as well and constantly creaked and still suffered from the peeling.

I just replaced it now with the barely there Case mate, hoping the same issue doesn't occur.

Anyone else have an Incipio case that did/does this? Seems like a rather obvious product fault that doesn't help the company, especially since after one replacement I decided I'm not longer willing to stay a customer. Extra 19 bucks down the drain.

05-13-10 02:50 PM
    I have one on my 9630, and it isn't as bad as yours. I just have a decent crack on the upper right hand side of it from taking it off.
    05-13-10 02:55 PM
    My Javelin has a crack as well and no peeling, which is why i gave them a second chance when I upgraded to the 9700. Definitely not worth the repeat for me. I'm already impressed with the case mate barely there.

Odd to get two cases that suffered the same production fault/defect.
    05-13-10 03:25 PM
    Mine looks exactly the same! Very disappointed with Incipio!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 03:45 PM
    pictures of the peeling?
    05-14-10 08:53 AM

05-15-10 12:17 AM
    Wow *yikes* that's not good if you had it for a short while. Then again, aren't cases like that bound to peel off? Considering the material that it is?

05-15-10 04:37 AM
    I had a Case-Mate Barely There on my 8320. I now use the Hybrid Tough on my 9700. Both are excellent products!

05-15-10 08:01 AM
    hmmm none of my seidio cases do that at all.... and i think it may be around the same kind of material
    05-15-10 09:02 AM
    Wow. My Incipios never did that. The one I did crack took a nasty dive down some concrete steps. Now I want to use it consistently to test it out. Sorry that happened to you.

05-15-10 09:36 AM
    same with mine
    05-15-10 10:05 AM
    I have Incipio Silicryllic and have had it for 5 months, no issues at all
    05-15-10 11:14 AM
    I was looking at the silicrylic, looks thin, which is what I'm looking for.

05-15-10 03:16 PM
    I think its specific to their featherlite cases. I have had the Case Mate now for three days with no complaints. It all depends on the means of production. The matte on the Incipio is adhered to the reflective side I think. If you recall the old curves used to suffer the same problem with the rubberizing peeling off the top of the phones.

I just wouldn't recommend the incipio featherlite case to anyone anymore. Go with Case mate...same price and you get a 10% off via Crackberry.
    05-15-10 03:26 PM
    I have had the featherlite for a little over 2 months, no problems, fits well and looks good. I got the 2 pack from the at&t store.

05-15-10 03:51 PM
    I was looking at the silicrylic, looks thin, which is what I'm looking for.

its much like the Otterbox defender. two pieces-a thin rubber membrane and then a hard plastic shell. I really like mine
    05-15-10 03:59 PM
    Thanks! I'll start shopping around.

05-16-10 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD