Hey guys

In a few months I come back home a fully fledged graduate, and for a few months (until I go off to do my masters) I'm living again with my parents. Nice people that they are, I'm getting free use of one of the cars over the summer.

My problem is that neither of the cars CD players have bluetooth built in, or any ports to jack my berry/mp3 player into.

Anyone know how I can either run a 3.5mm jack into the stereo system ( without assaulting it with tools) ? Failing that, is there a way to play music back through a speakerphone system or something similar ? I don't mind a little volume/quality loss, but too much and I may as well just use my Bolds speaker.

Ty chaps
    03-25-10 05:42 AM
    there are FM transmitters, although they will not be specific to Blackberry but they should work fine. I don't see them on shelves much anymore, but as I recall they use the 12v socket for power and the 3.5mm jack for a feed. Then it will broadcast it (under low power) to an FM station that the cars radio will pick up
    03-25-10 06:58 AM
    A little googling had turned up some likely candidates... Looks to be exactly the sort of thing that I'm after.

Is there any particular brand or model that anyone has had good experiences with ? I see a few names I know on amazon (logic3 for example) but they all seem to be exactly the same as each other.
    03-25-10 07:13 AM
    Depending on the stock radio in your parents car, it may have the capability to add an Aux in jack. Does it say "Aux" anywhere on any of the buttons?

If so, you may rather "easily" be able to wire in a basic aux jack without much cost. Another option......do your parents have berry, ipod, or something else they would like to listen to in the car? If yes, then offer to split the cost with them of a new head unit for the car which has an aux jack right on the front of the face......
    03-25-10 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD