When your phone is plugged into a car charger, does the little plug show up next to the battery on your screen like when it's plugged into the wall charger? My charger is lit up and plugged into my phone but there is no evidence it's actually charging the phone. Just wondering if it shows next to the battery when it's charging just like it does when it's charging via the wall charger. Thanks.
    09-26-09 12:22 AM
    When your phone is plugged into a car charger, does the little plug show up next to the battery on your screen like when it's plugged into the wall charger? My charger is lit up and plugged into my phone but there is no evidence it's actually charging the phone. Just wondering if it shows next to the battery when it's charging just like it does when it's charging via the wall charger. Thanks.
    Yes, mine does. I charge my BB all the time using a car charger.
    09-26-09 01:01 AM
    Yes, your phone should show the same charging indication when on the car charger as it does when on a wall charger. Car chargers are often poorly made or defective. It sounds like yours is not charging your phone. Try another charger.
    09-26-09 05:29 AM
    Also keep in mind that some cars need to be running for power to be going to the car charger.

In my new car, when the ignition is off, there is no power to the car charger.

In my old car, the port always had power going to it, ignition on or off (this was handy).

Just a thought. Though, like Jeff said, car chargers are not the best quality and often the wires get pulled out or smashed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 05:37 AM
    I also noticed that when the BB is fully charged, it wont take anymore juice and at that point, there is not charge indicator that pops up.
    09-26-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD