the oem car charger for the tour is $30 bucks will the $15 ones from walmart or the other knock offs work just as good? is it good for our batt if we use another charger besides the oem one?
    thanks for the answer ahead of time
    08-16-09 09:54 PM
    Yes.

&

Doesn't matter.
    08-16-09 09:59 PM
    Yeah you should be fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 10:03 PM
    cheaper is better
    08-16-09 10:08 PM
    i just got the 15 dollar usb cig adapter and use sync/charge cable that way i can use it on my ipod too
    08-16-09 10:15 PM
    Everytime I have bought the cheap chargers my battery fails after about a year of use. Everytime I have used the oem I haven't had this problem. So if you want to replace your battery in about a year go with the cheaper charger. Don't know if others have experienced this but I have had several phones in the last 15 years and this has been my experience. The last time I used a cheap charger I ended up not being able to use the phone unless it was plugged in. In my experience, you get what you pay for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 07:32 AM
    Best charger ever with interchangeable connectors. 1 charger for all your devices...

iGo.com iGo auto power adapter
    08-17-09 07:37 AM
    I was able to find OEM stuff much cheaper online. Amazon has a seller that has a lot of RIM OEM accessories for discounted prices. Worth a look.
    08-17-09 07:41 AM
    i just got the 15 dollar usb cig adapter and use sync/charge cable that way i can use it on my ipod too
    Not sure if the same problem happens with the Tour but when I used this option for my 8830 it never charged right. Had the same problem as if I charged it from a computer without the drivers installed...
    08-17-09 07:43 AM
    I use this retractable charger. Cheap, works flawlessly, has very thin cord that can be retracted with a push of side button when not in use.
    08-17-09 09:34 AM
    Use an OEM charger. If your device craps out on you because of the charger and it is not OEM, your warranty is void. As stated above, you can find one cheaper on Amazon, also check Crackberry and Blackberry.com.
    08-17-09 09:42 AM
    Best charger ever with interchangeable connectors. 1 charger for all your devices...

iGo.com iGo auto power adapter
    IGo makes some great products but the only thing is the tips are grossly overpriced all but eliminating the costs savings they advertise. I have used the IGo charger for a few different devices but with the tips being $10, I just can't justify buying the A97 because I have the micro to mini usb cable that I bought for like $3. IGo's chargers work well but for the same $30 you can get a lot more accessories from other vendors....
    08-17-09 10:09 AM
    Use an OEM charger. If your device craps out on you because of the charger and it is not OEM, your warranty is void. As stated above, you can find one cheaper on Amazon, also check Crackberry and Blackberry.com.
    How would they ever be able to prove that?? Additionally are service provider's chargers really OEM?? They may be approved for use by the Manufacturer but since they aren't OEM either, one could make the argument that if they are allowed all aftermarket chargers should be allowed...
    08-17-09 10:12 AM
    meritline.com has the OEM car charger for $10
    08-17-09 10:25 AM
    How would they ever be able to prove that?? Additionally are service provider's chargers really OEM?? They may be approved for use by the Manufacturer but since they aren't OEM either, one could make the argument that if they are allowed all aftermarket chargers should be allowed...
    I never said that they could prove it, Im just stating the facts. The charger Verizon sells is approved by them and therefore is considered OEM. Just because someone sells a charger and states that its for your device doesnt mean that it meets specifications. Its been well documented that an aftermarket charger could cause your device to fail. But what do I care, go for it! Believe me, its better to bite the bullet and pay the extra $. Peace of mind alone is worth it.
    08-17-09 10:26 AM
    I've used non-OEM chargers with all of my phones and never had a problem.
    08-17-09 12:36 PM
    08-17-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD