I have been looking for a good case with a clip. I really like the otter box that I had on my on Bold 9000. I just learned the commuter cases do not come with a clip, only the defender cases do. Unfortunately they don't make a defender case for the Torch. Does anyone know of a good solution for the commuter or another case that has a clip?
    Best Buy Platinum Series for the Bold 9000. It fits the OB pretty well. You can peel back the felt liner and relocate the sleep magnet to the center and it works great. Only thing I don't like is the latch sticks out a little. I think it retails for ~ $34.95 online and at some stores, but I found it at a couple stores for $14.95.
    10-26-10 08:16 AM
    +1 for the AGF GRT shell
    10-26-10 01:18 PM
    I'd like to see iskin make a case for the torch. Looks like a difficult task to make a case that functions well on a slider. Thanks for the pics Bl, the Seidio case looks good too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by North-Face; 10-26-10 at 06:58 PM.
    10-26-10 06:52 PM
    Best Buy Platinum Series for the Bold 9000. It fits the OB pretty well. You can peel back the felt liner and relocate the sleep magnet to the center and it works great. Only thing I don't like is the latch sticks out a little. I think it retails for ~ $34.95 online and at some stores, but I found it at a couple stores for $14.95.
    Shhh� it's a secret, but Platinum Series is actually made for BestBuy by Seidio. Materials are the same as Innocase, but the shapes are never exacrtly the same as the Seidio brand.

It's cool to have this at least in Canada, as Seidio is available nowhere for retail in the whole frickin' country. Unfoirtunately, to date BestBuy Canada has only had Platinum Series for 9700 and 9500 series BBs, and only in black.

Last edited by elite1; 10-27-10 at 03:14 AM.
    10-27-10 03:09 AM
    I really don't undertsand why some of the hard case makers like Case-Mate and Incipio don't have a holster. It's like they want to just some customers to Seidio� I haven't seen a Seidio case in person, but pics online make it look bulky to me.

I made a guy at Wireless Wave here in Vancouver unbox a Case-Mate Barely There so I could actually put it on. It looked really good, and the material was even thinner than the Innocase. Unfortunately the top piece's 2 long thin strips running along both sides of the screen are too thin. Those 2 parts are not rigid enough to stay flat and both puff out, clicking in & out as you touch them.
    Plus of course no holster�

I also saw the Telus branded case mentioned above. The store only had the blue, which is like an electric royal blue --- a little too bright for me. The fit was solid however.
    It was definitely bulkier than the Barely There, but would protect the screen waaay better.

For now, like a couple of the other posters I'm using the OEM leather holster. Much sleeker than previous BB holsters. It's so tight that I'm afraid it will rub off a screen protector. By time I get one, hopefully it's stretched out just a little.

10-27-10 03:34 AM
    I'm using an Otterbox and it's reliable enough, but after a couple drops the front piece is a bit looser than it used to be. It's nice if it stays on, but I can't really recommend it anymore.

I think I just might give the Innocase a shot once the front piece of this fails me completely.
    10-27-10 03:47 AM
    Im on my 3rd OB and they have lasted me about 3 weeks each. The front piece sucks and the back piece works well. ATT allows returns and exchanges if it breaks in the first year. Oh well looks like I will be making ALOT of exchanges.
    10-27-10 09:30 AM
    To BeRich buy one from ATT you get the free replacement for a year walk in the store and just exchange it.
    10-27-10 09:31 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD