Just got the Seidio $29.95 case for the 9700.
    Unlike cases for the 9000, this one doesn't interfere with typing one bit; the buttons on the far left and right are easily accessible.
    The rubbery feel is nowhere near as comfortable as the bare 9700, but it certainly does provide protection and gives it a bit more hefty feel.
    Are you using or planning to get a case (this or any other) or will you take your chances of dropping it?
    11-27-09 06:32 PM
    11-27-09 07:19 PM
    I actually like the one AT&T sells at their stores. The rubber plastic one, clips on...isnt fat, better grip than the chrome on the sides...30 bones
    11-27-09 07:43 PM
    I am in the same boat. I have the innocase II for the 8900 and I like it however I want to show off the new phone. Plus I have a dozen drops all while in the cases I have. I think the 360 will just hide everything. I enjoy switching to these cheap clear hard plastic cases from ebay that also cover the screen when I can't use my holster.

They don't make one yet for the 9700 that covers the screen too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 07:48 PM
    I actually like the one AT&T sells at their stores. The rubber plastic one, clips on...isnt fat, better grip than the chrome on the sides...30 bones
    I got the same one and love it!
    11-27-09 07:50 PM
    I debated in the AT&T store between the Seidio case or the Ifrogz case. I went with the Ifrogz but still might check out a Seidio later. The Ifrogz one is nice...solid but with a soft touch feel.
    11-27-09 08:50 PM
    I debated in the AT&T store between the Seidio case or the Ifrogz case. I went with the Ifrogz but still might check out a Seidio later. The Ifrogz one is nice...solid but with a soft touch feel.
    the ifrogz one is pretty sweet! it's very sturdy and gives a nice feel to the phone.
    11-27-09 09:11 PM
    I checked out the vaja website to see if there was a case for the 9700. All they had were two pouches. Sorry, but I can't see the point of shelling out $60 to $70 for a leather pouch with a couple of cutouts in it. Sliding the phone out of the pouch in order to use the phone seems to defeat the impact protection in case the phone gets dropped, imho. For now, I'll stick with the one that came with the phone, but am keeping my eyes open for something functional and attractive.
    11-27-09 09:32 PM
    Just ordered the innocase 360 and can't wait to get it next week. I had the same one for my 9000 and it was great. Awsome all round protection.
    11-27-09 09:36 PM
    I thought the Ifrogz cases were only for the Iphone and Itouch. They make them for BB now?
    11-27-09 09:42 PM
    I am planning on ordering the Innocase II and holster combo. This case seems easier to remove so that my 9700 fits in the OEM charging pod. I had also thought about getting the Seidio Snap case but the Innocase II provides more complete coverage.
    11-27-09 09:43 PM
    I love the iskin on curve. Wish they have it for 9700. I'm going to the mall to look for some resin skin atm

11-27-09 09:45 PM
    Is there like a hard case I can put on it and still place the phone in the holster it came with? I would really to do this. Any help?

11-27-09 10:03 PM
    Check out the Otterbox Commuter case. Mine arrives Tuesday and I will post a review when I receive it. The case is OUTSTANDING on the iPhone. Low profile, great protection, durable, feels great in the hand. Check out Otterbox.com.
    11-27-09 10:27 PM
    Is there like a hard case I can put on it and still place the phone in the holster it came with? I would really to do this. Any help?

i bought a cheap hard rubberized case for mine from Amazon.
    Amazon.com: Black Rubberized Snap-On Cover Hard Case Cell Phone Protector + LCD Mirror Screen Protector + Rapid Car Charger + USB Data Charge Sync Cable for Blackberry Bold 9700: Cell Phones & Service
    it fits real tight in the original holster. Though, it's a little hard to pull it out of the holster due to the rubberized surface.
    I'd love to have a case that would fit in with the charging pod then my phone would be well protected
    11-27-09 10:29 PM
    I thought the Ifrogz cases were only for the Iphone and Itouch. They make them for BB now?
    yup!! i can't find them online, but they're being sold at the at&t stores.
    11-28-09 11:52 AM
    This looks good but I'm wondering how easily it'll slide in and out of the holster.
    11-28-09 12:14 PM
    Can this fit in with the charging pod? i'm planning to get this and cut a hole on each side where the charging contact is lol
    11-28-09 12:45 PM
    Can this fit in with the charging pod? i'm planning to get this and cut a hole on each side where the charging contact is lol
    I would also love to know about this because the reason why I go case less or pouches is because of charge pod compatibility.

11-28-09 12:52 PM
    They aren't on the ifrogz site but it's similar to the Iphone ones. It's available on the AT&T web site too...

iFrogz Blue Luxe case - BlackBerry Bold 9700 - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T
    11-28-09 01:00 PM
    I was think about getting a lux hard case but still not sure. They are 10 bucks on amazon and have some cool designs on the shell. I will also get some bse skins too.

11-28-09 01:14 PM
    This looks good but I'm wondering how easily it'll slide in and out of the holster.
    still waiting for them, ordered them last wednesday (18th) ...will let you gus know
    11-28-09 02:06 PM
    Currently using an Innocase II but am waiting for Case Mate to come out with a leather case. I usually switch between plastic and leather depending on my mood!
    11-28-09 03:36 PM
    I get my 9700 Monday or Tuesday, I can not wait. I have been searching for the perfect case. I have had an iphone up until now and always used an iskin and loved it, but since they do not make them for the 9700, I was considering the otterbox. Have you ever used one before on any phone, I was curious to see if it was a good case or not beings it is pricey. I looked it up on the site and for some reason and it could be me, the top were you put your ear, looks like it opens up like a flap or something, like it wouldn't stay closed, just how it looks to me, I may have to search in some of the stores to physically see it first.
    11-28-09 04:06 PM
    I was so set on getting a 360 Seidio. I Love Seidio. But way expensive becasue I will end up wanting the cradle, horizontal case etc...

I primarily want it because the keys on the 9700 are the only smallll bad review it gets if u are not used to the bold. do you get used to the keys??

But then i read in this, that some of the cases get in the way of the keys. does the 360 from Seidio actually make it worse to type

Should I actually get the Frogz ATT blue case I LOVED IT

I could then get the screen cover I have always had...Zaggz Invisible Shield
    (then we get into another question. those kind, with the squeegy are always great, dry in a day or two with no bubbles. but the sticky ones do not. Are the ones that say privacy proof like the sticky type and gonna show bubbles...if not, wheree do u recommend getting them)

Excuse all the questions. ... I have posted elsewhere here and other forums, but you all paying mind to this thread really seem knowledgable and into it

thanks
    eric
    12-09-09 12:15 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD