DH and I both have 8310s; mine is red, his is black so we can easily tell them apart. With two toddlers in the house, we wanted to protect our investment so purchased two Otterbox cases. Neither of us wanted a black/yellow case, so now we have two identical black cases... and you can't see enough red or black showing through to tell them apart. Is there some way you can paint or decorate a case so that it doesn't look bad, but you can tell them apart? Thanks!
    05-18-09 10:16 AM
    you probably could get some of the fusion plastic spray paint and spray a light coat of clear over it and just spray the plastic parts of the case if you do be sure to lightly sand the plastic parts before you paint
    05-18-09 10:35 AM
    I'm not sure I understand...why wouldn't you be able to?
    05-18-09 10:35 AM
    The Otterbox has a lot of flexible rubber on it, so any paint, stickers, etc, probably wouldn't stick for long.

I painted the back section of my Otterbox (where the logo is) because I wanted it to be pink. I just lightly lightly sanded it and used regular spray paint for plastic. That was a few months ago and it has held up pretty well. Of course, in order to identify the Berry you'd have to flip it over, or just paint the front plastic pieces too. I was too chicken to do that!
    05-19-09 08:15 PM
    you deffinately cant paint the rubber i believe she just wants to paint the plastic
    05-20-09 09:20 AM
    I wonder if you could bleach the flexible silicone outer cover and then dye it... hmmmmmmm...
    05-20-09 10:08 AM
    i almost think bleach would ruin it
    05-20-09 10:26 AM
    i almost think bleach would ruin it
    I suppose you could try a corner of it overnight. Theres also that flexible paint that's designed for tool handles and such, might work... just tossin out thoughts.
    05-20-09 02:52 PM
    I was unaware of this flexible paint, that might be worth a shot too!
    05-21-09 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD