After going through 4 cases I was finally able to get my hands on the otterbox and it works flawlessly with the Torch! Now I am super happy. I have no complains about the Torch. I have noticed some people have been complaining... This is my 3rd blackberry and by far the best I've ever owned!
    08-23-10 01:05 AM
    YES! The otterbox case for the blackberry 9800 feels so comfortable in the hand fits just right. The otterbox case is by far the best blackberry case I've used, and I've gone through A LOT of blackberry cases. The torch has a lot off new and good features which makes the device amazing to use and fulfills all your needs and more!
    08-23-10 01:51 AM
    I have got the Otterbox case for my Torch, and it is great and provides fantastic protection (which I know is the point!!) but I do find it adds more bulk to the device than Otterboxes for other devices, which makes it all a bit lumpy in my pocket, which is a shame. I am using my OB but waiting to see if Seidio bring anything out in competition.
    Last edited by plagus; 08-23-10 at 02:18 AM.
    08-23-10 02:14 AM
    +1 for the Otterbox recomendation. It does add a little bulk, but I find the slider is much easier to operate one-handed with the case than without. Got it just in time, as I dropped the phone on a ceramic tile floor recently (no damage done). Only gripe is the phone is still slippery (that's why I dropped it), but I've since added a sheet of Egrips to the back side. Problem solved.
    08-23-10 08:10 AM
    Where were you all able to find the Otterbox for the 9800? Here on shop.crackberry.com, it says it isn't available for a few more days.

Also.....you know happen to know if it will fit in a charging dock with the case?

Thanks!
    08-23-10 08:23 AM
    I initially bought the AGF and took it back because the right side of the case kept coming undone everytime i opened the slider. I looked at the Otter and CaseMate and decided to got with CM because it wasn't as bulky. Definitely a keeper for now.
    08-23-10 08:25 AM
    I had to go to 2 stores yesterday, but the 2nd one DID have the case in stock. I wanted the pink and black one though The pure black one seems to be out of stock in more places. It's a bit pricey but WELL worth it!
    08-23-10 08:58 AM
    I had to go to 2 stores yesterday, but the 2nd one DID have the case in stock. I wanted the pink and black one though The pure black one seems to be out of stock in more places. It's a bit pricey but WELL worth it!
    Where were you able to find it?
    08-23-10 09:04 AM
    +1 for otterbox. As others stated, it does make the device bulkier but I kind of like it.. It fits your hands better and has a better feel to it.
    I got mine for free from the AT&T store with my purchase of the Torch
    08-23-10 09:30 AM
    It makes it bulkier but when you actually drop the phone it protects it like no other case so I don't really mind the bulky feeling of the case because of that fact.

The commuter case is less bulkier than the defender case that otterbox has. I don't think they'll be making a defender case for the 9800.
    08-24-10 12:06 AM
    Where were you able to find it?
    AT&T stores... Bought the phone from Best Buy and the case from an AT&T store... The case is. GREAT!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 12:15 AM
    I got the otter box as well. Does anyone feel like the top comes off too easy? Is there a fix to make it tighter?
    08-24-10 02:10 AM
    This case doesnt come with any holster or other way to carry it on your hip does it?
    08-24-10 02:15 AM
    I've only found one AT&T store in my area that had it. Not at Best Buy and not at Fry's either. I ordered mine from the Crackberry site a few days after the phone was released. Love the case. I don't worry about messing up my phone as much now.
    08-24-10 03:57 AM
    - purchased Torch on 8/13 at AT&T company store. They only had hip holster case in stock, so I bought. While I like the case, there were several times I almost dropped Torch when pulling out of case. After reading revies of cases, I went back to store yesterday. They had pink Otterbox in stock. Employee placed on Torch and it fits very well. We tested placing in hip holster....and it fits. Although it is rather snug at the moment, I am sure the elastic will loosen up for a perfect fit. So for the time being I will use both the Otterbox with the hip holster.

Question - like others I have noticed Blackberry "warmer" when charging. Has anyone noticed overheating when Otterbox on? I.e. Does the Otterbox insulate and hold heat or allow heat to disapate?

08-24-10 07:24 AM
    I love my otterbox I wouldn't have a phone with out it! And I have noticed to warmth while charging aswell. Idk why it happens either. But I would buy the defender when anf if it comes out....
    08-24-10 07:58 AM
    I got the otter box as well. Does anyone feel like the top comes off too easy? Is there a fix to make it tighter?
    I haven't had any problems with the top coming off at all.

This case doesnt come with any holster or other way to carry it on your hip does it?
    No, I wish it did.

Question - like others I have noticed Blackberry "warmer" when charging.

Yes, I've noticed it gets warm while in the otter case while charging. Hopefully it won't be an issue.
    08-24-10 08:25 AM
    Too bulky for my liking. I'm imprrssed with this barely there case by case mate with carbonfiber back.

08-24-10 09:09 AM
    I have the same problem with the top, with two phones I have ob on.....
    08-24-10 09:09 AM
    I bought my 9800 on 8/12 and tried out the otter box case when I was in AT&T and loved it... I got there last pink and black one untill they got more in later that week. I have tried a few other cases and just don't like the way they feel... I paid 40 bucks for mine which I thought was a little much, but so glad I did.

+1 for otter box!

08-24-10 10:20 AM
    The only time the ring has come off on mine is when I dropped it on the floor, in the cab of my truck.
    I really like it but it is pretty bulky. I've been looking @ some others.
    I may just stick w/OB cuz I think I could put a full body invisible shield on the Torch and still get it in the OB.
    I put some invisible shield on the case, and on the top part @ the bottom of the slider. Now I can actually hold onto it and push the slider up effortlessly with my thumb.
    08-24-10 11:04 AM
    I was wondering the same thing! I love the back part of the Otterbox, but it feels like the top is going to just pop off if I drop the BB. It's popped up a couple of times just when I was sliding up.
    08-24-10 11:39 AM
    Does it add any bulkiness to the phone?
    08-24-10 01:18 PM
    I have got the Otterbox case for my Torch, and it is great and provides fantastic protection (which I know is the point!!) but I do find it adds more bulk to the device than Otterboxes for other devices, which makes it all a bit lumpy in my pocket, which is a shame. I am using my OB but waiting to see if Seidio bring anything out in competition.
    I don't mind the bulk, even in my pocket, however I am also waiting for a Seidio case. I asked on their FB page when the device was announced if there were any plans to make cases for it and they said not at the time. Hopefully that changes. It's been a few weeks now. I love Seidio cases but Otterbox is right behind them.

Where were you all able to find the Otterbox for the 9800? Here on shop.crackberry.com, it says it isn't available for a few more days.

Also.....you know happen to know if it will fit in a charging dock with the case?

Thanks!
    I couldn't wait for the OB case to come into stock on CB so I got it at an at&t store though I had to drive around a bit at first to find one. I got the last all black one at the corporate store in the mall in my hometown. I returned the purple case mate barely there a few days ago that I originally purchased with the phone. It would've been nice if I got a free case since I paid full price for my Torch. Ah, well.

I have a charging dock coming from Amazon soon. Hopefully it will fit with the OB case on.
    08-24-10 01:48 PM
    It is a great case but besides it being bulky, I found it a pain to do battery pulls, so I returned it.

-Rich
    08-24-10 03:59 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD