there u go. what it looks like after 2 months. it turned yellow alright. im going back to clear ptorector products. bse has dissappointed me. i had a clear protector on a phone for a year and it did not even hint yellow. why do these do it. are they like paper. get yellow with age? oh and the ends come up and you have to nip them with nail clippers too. what a disspointment for the time it takes to install, and drive to the store to get baby soap. also i dont smoke and my house is no smoking. hmm

has anyone else had this result?
    Last edited by mikells43; 08-03-08 at 01:33 AM.
    08-02-08 10:58 PM
    I believe this is a known issue, if once BSE are installed and you use the OEM pouch to store the phone.
    08-02-08 11:03 PM
    Wow that sucks. I'll stick to my silicone skin
    08-02-08 11:03 PM
    i dont put the phone in anything. it is naked with the skin on. and thats how i roll. i have anouther bse im putting on right now(pray for patients). so we will see. and i sent them an email showing them this product how it yellowed like the walls in a smokers house.
    08-02-08 11:08 PM
    It yellows that way because of the oils on your skin.

Wash your hands and face!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 06:41 AM
    It yellows that way because of the oils on your skin.

Wash your hands and face!

no i think your incorrect. i had a BSE on mine also. It seems that the material that they use is somewhat permeable because with normal regular usage my BSE was a dingy brown color. I think it just absorbs moisture and dirt. Yeah it was fine when i put it on but it got so discolored that i took it off and went naked
    08-03-08 08:58 AM
    My BSE screen protector is doing fine; every few days I clean it, the trackball, & the keyboard with an alcohol prep pad.

08-03-08 09:04 AM
    Thats what happens when you don't keep your berry clean. If you expect the BSE to create an invisibe shield around your berry from dirt/grime, you are clueless.

It turns yellow from the dirt, oil, etc... it picks up from regular use. I'd rather it be on my BSE than on my naked phone.
    08-03-08 07:49 PM
    That is very nice to know... I hope this does not happen to my BSE over time

I plan on taking care of mine and cleaning... so we will have to wait and find out!
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 08-06-08 at 07:38 AM.
    08-03-08 08:10 PM
    I have had the same problem with my BSE full body on my Curve. Yellow all around because I used that and the OEM pocket pouch. My BSE (screen only) on my Pearl was fine, but I ran it with a silicone skin. I was trying to find out if they knew if there was a certain case or cases that caused the discoloration, but she just said the 'cheap' ones (hmmm). Response from BSE rep (after immediately sending a replacement):

"From what we can tell, the cheap cases seem to stain the Skin. That's unfortunate for those of us who are frugal......

Thank you for forwarding your order information. We will send the replacement out immediately. Please keep us informed as to it's arrival.

The Skins fit the device so closely that it can easily fit into a holster. But be careful on the type of case you use because the dyes used on the inside of some cases can discolor the Skin. You'd right back where you started.

Thank you again."

Just offering the info I found...
    08-06-08 07:35 AM
    Thanks for the info!!

I know the OP of this thread talked to support and is getting a new one sent to them as well. At least BSE is willing to send replacements, even though this issue is not really their fault!!

So, to clairfy, you are saying that using the OEM pouch that came with your Curve caused this?? Because I use my OEM pouch all the time!

Granted, I just recently (1 week ago) installed the full body BSE. Previously, I had screen only.
    08-06-08 07:40 AM
    Thanks for the info!!

I know the OP of this thread talked to support and is getting a new one sent to them as well. At least BSE is willing to send replacements, even though this issue is not really their fault!!

So, to clairfy, you are saying that using the OEM pouch that came with your Curve caused this?? Because I use my OEM pouch all the time!

Granted, I just recently (1 week ago) installed the full body BSE. Previously, I had screen only.
    Correct. The OEM 'pocket' pouch that came with the Curve+the BSE full body skin. I've even noticed the outer edges of my screen cover yellow-ing. I just switched to a Boxwave flex skin with it and is working out well.
    08-06-08 07:47 AM
    Correct. The OEM 'pocket' pouch that came with the Curve+the BSE full body skin. I've even noticed the outer edges of my screen cover yellow-ing. I just switched to a Boxwave flex skin with it and is working out well.
    Do you happen to have a link? And is it similar to the OEM pouch?

For some reason I really like the OEM pouch. Nice for my pocket (I do not like holsters with clips) and it has the sleeper magnet!
    08-06-08 07:53 AM
    Do you happen to have a link? And is it similar to the OEM pouch?

For some reason I really like the OEM pouch. Nice for my pocket (I do not like holsters with clips) and it has the sleeper magnet!
    Yes, I think we are talking about the same pouch. This is what you are using right?

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=bNfo658a
    08-06-08 08:00 AM
    Yeah... that is the OEM pouch I am using. The one that came with the Berry, haha!

Which one do you use? That is what I wanna know. What did you switch to?
    08-06-08 08:07 AM
    Yeah... that is the OEM pouch I am using. The one that came with the Berry, haha!

Which one do you use? That is what I wanna know. What did you switch to?
    Yeah, I was using the same leather pouch you are using. lol... I had a "Blackberry" stamped silicone skin on my Pearl, but it ended up feeling stretched out and picked up a ton of lint & dirt. Ended up just getting a Boxwave flexible skin for my Curve and it's working out well.
    08-06-08 08:16 AM
    Yeah, I was using the same leather pouch you are using. lol... I had a "Blackberry" stamped silicone skin on my Pearl, but it ended up feeling stretched out and picked up a ton of lint & dirt. Ended up just getting a Boxwave flexible skin for my Curve and it's working out well.
    Yeah, I understand that... I just have never heard of this "Boxwave"!!

Do you have a link to that? And is it like a BSE, pouch, skin or what?!
    08-06-08 08:20 AM
    BoxWave is a company that makes accessories for PDAs. They've been around for a long, long time (by that, I mean I ordered stuff from them back when there was the Sony Clie), and their screen protectors absolutely rock!
    08-06-08 08:25 AM
    Yeah, I understand that... I just have never heard of this "Boxwave"!!

Do you have a link to that? And is it like a BSE, pouch, skin or what?!

Try here (forgot to include in last post):

Home:
    BoxWave Accessories - iPhone, Blackberry, Treo, HTC Cases, Batteries, Chargers & More

Curve-specific skin:
    FlexiSkin - Curve Case / BlackBerry Curve Case / Curve Skin Case / BlackBerry Curve Skin Case
    08-06-08 08:25 AM
    Cool man... thanks! I wasn't sure if they were silicone skins or a pouch or what exactly they were. Thanks for the links!

I will have to consider a different holster so that my BSE does not discolor!!
    08-06-08 08:30 AM
    For those using a full body BSE + the OEM pouch on the curve, are you getting any peeling issues?

I'm starting to get some slight peeling in the area I pointed out below (picture is from right after install, so it doesn't show the actual peeling).

My guess is this is being caused by putting it in/out of the pouch so frequently.

08-06-08 09:48 AM
    For those using a full body BSE + the OEM pouch on the curve, are you getting any peeling issues?

I'm starting to get some slight peeling in the area I pointed out below (picture is from right after install, so it doesn't show the actual peeling).

My guess is this is being caused by putting it in/out of the pouch so frequently.

Yes, I've put BSE on 4 screens/bodies and think I've seen peeling twice (on the 2 Curves both using the pouch, the other is using the holster-with no peeling that I know of). Mine is the top right corner (if looking directly at the phone)...maybe something to do with the constant handling of edges (or that area) when inserting and removing from the case?
    08-06-08 10:04 AM
    it's the material they use being susceptible to absorbing your skin's oils and dirt, discoloring the material. since the OEM holster is vinyl, whatever oils are on your berry end up collecting on the inner liner of the holster.

i dont mean to bash BSE, but Zaggs uses a higher quality film that's impervious to liquids that can cause discoloration. no bashing, just plain truth based on my own experience with both. the BSE on my curve discolored within 3 months. the Zaggs on my 1st gen iPhone hasnt discolored in a year... i just replaced the BSE on my curve with a Zaggs skin this week.

in the end, you get what you pay for.
    08-06-08 06:26 PM
    yeah, i was using the pouch and my pocket, and after a month and a half, the BSE was so dingy that i just got sick of looking at it and sick of it peeling and just took it off.
    08-06-08 07:39 PM
    I had a similar problem. I used a Vaja case from time to time and it caused my BSE to be tiger stripped due to the bleeding of the dye in the case. Use a BSE and Otterbox now... No problems.

08-06-08 07:48 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD