Hello,

I just purchased the Boxwave Armor (aluminum) case for the 8130. I love the case, but I seem to get less reception bars. I am still in a 1XEV area and calls go through, but I now only get 1-3 bars instead of full signal. Could this be caused by the aluminum case or is it something else. Will this drain my battery faster as well? I still get good call quality but the reception bars seem lower. I really like the case and would hate to give it up. Any advice, help, or information would be greatly appreciated.
    02-05-08 10:24 AM
    It can interfere with your service because it is metal, which in turn can reduce your battery length if it has to search more often.

Can you post a pic of it, I am curious how it looks.
    02-05-08 04:02 PM
    I was too so I googled it. Not bad I bet its tough.
    02-05-08 04:49 PM
    I will try to post a pic later, but it really looks exactly like it does on the boxwave website. I really like the case and it seems very duable. I also like the hard plastic screen cover. It does not add much bulk, butg does add a little to the weight. I like it and it seems more substantial. It does seem to reduce my reception. I am still in a 1XEV area, but only have 1-2 bars instead of full reception. I am trying to decide if it is worth keeping the case to sacrifice reception. I have not found another case that I like for the 8130 except maybe for the otterbox, which is still not even released yet.
    02-05-08 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD