Not sure if this was posted, but I figured I'd do it again since the promo ends today!

Newegg is selling the charging pod for the bold for 14.99 WITH FREE SHIPPING

(sorry I cant post Links yet, but you can see the page from neweggs main site and /Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875999348 added to it)

The Promo Code is : EMCBBBJAC
    11-24-08 10:19 AM
    Not sure if this was posted, but I figured I'd do it again since the promo ends today!

Newegg is selling the charging pod for the bold for 14.99 WITH FREE SHIPPING

(sorry I cant post Links yet, but you can see the page from neweggs main site and /Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875999348 added to it)

The Promo Code is : EMCBBBJAC
    Does this require you to clip a wire into the side connection port on your Bold like some of the curve aftermarket hubs? or can you just place the bold in the cradle and it starts charging/syncing.(if that's the case then how? is that even possible without a connection port on the bottom of the phone?)

thx
    11-24-08 10:37 AM
    This is the actual OEM charging pod, so its the one where you just place the bold in the cradle.

I just ordered mine, shipping from new jersey and looks like I'll be getting it tomorrow (i live in CT). I love newegg, they advert 3 day shipping but it usually gets here a lot sooner
    11-24-08 10:42 AM
    awesome. I'll buy it right now.
    11-24-08 10:53 AM
    Does this require you to clip a wire into the side connection port on your Bold like some of the curve aftermarket hubs? or can you just place the bold in the cradle and it starts charging/syncing.(if that's the case then how? is that even possible without a connection port on the bottom of the phone?)

thx
    I see a USB connection port at the back of it:
    11-24-08 10:55 AM
    it just charges, doesn't sync. but it's still awesome
    11-24-08 10:56 AM
    Really it doesn't sync??? That's a bit lame, is there one that does both?
    11-24-08 10:58 AM
    I believe the ones that do both are the ones that you need to clip in the usb connector. I could be wrong
    11-24-08 11:14 AM
    Just jumped on this deal, thanks!
    11-24-08 11:33 AM
    Yeah they sit down and then something comes in from the side. Looks kinda dumb imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 11:35 AM
    That is a great deal on the charging pod.

11-24-08 11:36 AM
    That is a great deal on the charging pod.

For real, I almost bought it on eBay for $17 shipped. Two bucks is two bucks
    11-24-08 11:44 AM
    It says it syncs too.
    11-24-08 12:06 PM
    It says it syncs too.
    well it lies .

but seriously, you can only sync wirelessly with that. the usb doesn't connect to the usb on the phone, which is necessary to sync. it only sends power through the two little connectors on the lower part of the phone.
    11-24-08 12:12 PM
    its a shame newegg raised the price 2 bucks, still a great deal though
    11-24-08 12:20 PM
    any promo code for free shipping in canada?
    11-24-08 12:27 PM
    Ok, got mine ordered in the nick of time.

11-24-08 10:48 PM
    Just ordered mine as well. Thanks!
    11-24-08 10:59 PM
    Love Newegg!
    11-25-08 08:38 AM
    Second the Newegg love. I have used them quite a bit for computer stuff, and they have always been the best.
    11-25-08 08:41 AM
    How does the charging pod actually charge? From the pictures, it doesn't look like anything actually goes into the mini-usb port on the phone, and I don't see anything under the bold that would charge...

Am I missing something?
    11-25-08 08:58 AM
    How does the charging pod actually charge? From the pictures, it doesn't look like anything actually goes into the mini-usb port on the phone, and I don't see anything under the bold that would charge...

Am I missing something?
    Nothing goes into the usb port. there are two metal contacts on the lowe corner of the blackberry, and thats where it charges through, thus it doesn't sync, just charges.
    11-25-08 09:03 AM
    I should be getting mine today. I would love to take some pictures and show those who are curious exactly how it charges and such, but unfortunately I will be heading home for the Thanksgiving holiday. If I have some free time, and if no one has done it already, I will go ahead and take some pics to answer some questions for people
    11-25-08 09:07 AM
    Nothing goes into the usb port. there are two metal contacts on the lowe corner of the blackberry, and thats where it charges through, thus it doesn't sync, just charges.
    You can charge through those metal indentations? I thought they were just used to connect the bezel with the electronic stuff inside together.

Interesting.
    11-25-08 09:41 AM
    I got made fun of the other day because I asked how it charged...glad to see I'm not the only one who's confused.

Is this deal still going on? It's still $14.99 but I cant get the promo code to work . I really want one of these too.
    11-25-08 09:50 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD