RIM just came out with a new charger which can be seen on the crackberry.com homepage. any word on whether 9650s will be shipped with them?
    05-06-10 08:09 PM
    Hope so

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-06-10 08:14 PM
    Says it will debut with the Pearl 3G so I say No.
    05-06-10 10:16 PM
    I guess you didn't read past the headlines.
    05-06-10 10:37 PM
    It's possible, the charger seems much smaller than the current ones. So for the world phones instead of having the multiple charger attachments for different countries it's possible to include different chargers with the Bold 9650.

It's really the same thing, the current chargers with the different attachments is the same as different chargers that plug into the usb cable.
    05-06-10 10:42 PM
    so now you only get a usb cable and a thing to plug into the wall to put the usb cable in ? instead of a data cable and a charger ? that kinda sucks ? is that the way this is gonna work when you get a new bb ? or am i wrong ?

i mean it looks cool but i like being able to leave my data cable hooked up to my pc and having the charger plugged in by my night stand... guess it wouldn't be a big deal for me because i already have 3 micro usb cables and 2 chargers but what about the ones that don't ? i'd be kinda let down..
    05-06-10 10:52 PM
    I think it is a great idea. I hope that it does come with the 9650.
    05-06-10 10:54 PM
    My bet is that it will come with the 9650 Bold since it's cost cutting "feature" and sales thing since what cha gonna do when you lose the little thing..... Go buy another!!!

And as it's been mentioned, you have to get a second data cable if you want to say leave the AC adapter at home and use just the data cable at work.... Go buy a second data cable!!

One of the guys at work has lost two so far this year from his iPhone, we nickname him "ilostIt"
    Last edited by eBoyDog; 05-06-10 at 11:26 PM.
    05-06-10 11:23 PM
    What charger are you guys referring to? I went to the page and don't see anything new or unusual.
    05-06-10 11:32 PM
    What charger are you guys referring to? I went to the page and don't see anything new or unusual.
    Um the first thing when you go to crackberry's front page.
    05-06-10 11:51 PM
    i like it. HTC does the same thing. USB cable plugs into the charger or computer. i love the wall charger box thing at work, and plug my phone into the computer at home. Love to be able to do this with the blackberry to.
    05-07-10 12:05 AM
    Only concern I have is that they will ship with the same length of cable that we currently have. The chargers currently have more length to them compared to the sync cables and I use almost every bit of that length. Don't think the sync cable would work for me.
    05-07-10 12:10 AM
    i'd prefer a shorter cable. i dont think i need more than 1 or 2 feet of length for anything i use.
    05-07-10 01:10 AM
    might not come with the Bold since the bold is a world phone that has all sorts off different connectors when there shipped
    05-07-10 05:34 AM
    I don't care because I'm just going to get the powermat back to my phone anyway. Lol

05-07-10 08:26 AM
    I don't care because I'm just going to get the powermat back to my phone anyway. Lol

i'd love to get this, but i'd hate having to the mat to work etc.

guess i could see how the battery life is first. however at work i go in and out service and wifi signal is hit or miss for 8 hours. so i can chew through a battery in no time there. hoping this Bold has a stronger wifi radio than my Diamond does.
    05-07-10 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD