Does anyone know anything about cell phone docking at home? I've read a little bit about it, and would LOVE to get rid of my landline phone and be able to use my cell phone with my home cordless phone. SmithGear's "XLink BTTN Cell Bluetooth Cell Phone Docking Station Device" is an example of this type of product. I'm hoping folks out there have tried this and can recommend it, or have advice as to why I should stay away from it. Thanks!
    01-20-10 09:14 AM
    OK, to ask an obvious question.... why don't you just use your cellphone at home? I haven't had a landline in about 7 years, and I don't miss having a cordless phone laying around.

If you really want to have something like a landline type phone when you're using your cellphone at home, you could buy one of these.
    Last edited by monkeee2002; 01-20-10 at 01:09 PM.
    01-20-10 01:07 PM
    I have some spots in my house where my signal strength isn't that good so a docking station would help me out there. Also them I wouldn't have the worry about the phone getting wet or dropped. I don't care if that happens to my cordless phones.
    01-20-10 03:42 PM
    I have the dock-n-talk docking station. It has worked very well. The limitation is that it only accepts 1 connect at a time. They have an upgraded version that supports multiple bluetooth phones but it still only allows one connection at a time. The product you are stating resolves the issue so I would give them a try. I will be switching over in about 2 months so I would like a reply back on how well the product works for you.

I love the fact when I come into the door, I plugged my cell into the charger and forget it. When I get a call all of my phones in my house ring - awesome!! If you have upstairs and downstairs it is a must!!!
    01-27-10 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD