When Mobile phones came out, people said: ''he looks silly for walking around holding a mobile phone to his head.''

Now that most people have them, it is ok to walk and talk.

When wired handsfrees came out people said ''he looks silly for using a handsfree''
    Now that mobile phone companies are giving away free wired handsfrees, people think that it is ok.

I've heard many people worry that they might look silly for walking around with a bluetooth headset on their ear. Well that's only because bluetooth headsets are not free with the phone.

I personally think that anyone holding a mobile phone up to their ear : dirtying the screen, getting their hand tired and exposing their brain to unnecessary radiation is a bit silly.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by 9700On3; 03-20-10 at 07:05 AM.
    03-20-10 06:43 AM
    Are Bluetooth waves any safer than cell? Don't know. I do know that when I'm talking, using my BT people look at me funny...."Look at that poor man muttering and laughing to himself", then they gather their kids and give me wide berth. LOL
    03-20-10 07:35 AM
    I feel that Bluetooth waves are MUCH safer than mobile phone waves.

Consider the power output. Bluetooth has a range of 10meters.
    Cellphone has the range of hundreds of meters.
    actually can anyone here tell me the range of uk3g in meters?
    Thanks

just turn around so that people can see the bluetooth. but don't point at it: it's rude or so i'm told :P hehe
    03-20-10 07:41 AM
    I'd be getting a stiff neck if I turned my head toward everyone that stared at me, as long as they don't call the funny farm on me then let them stare. None of their business. At least I'm not shouting into my phone as if it is a can and string
    03-20-10 08:10 AM
    LOL! Agreed! People say my Blu Blockers are lame but i still rock em! Who am i trying to impress? i use wired earphones though becaues BT is a pain for me.
    03-20-10 08:17 AM
    My brother's wife won't use a Bluetooth because she thinks she will look like a Borg, especially with the blue blinking light. I told her it would be an improvement. Was that wrong? :-)
    03-20-10 08:21 AM
    Ha! Depends!
    03-20-10 08:24 AM
    Blue Blockers? Better than needing Beta Blockers.
    03-20-10 08:48 AM
    My brother's wife won't use a Bluetooth because she thinks she will look like a Borg, especially with the blue blinking light. I told her it would be an improvement. Was that wrong? :-)
    what colour are they?

you can get some acrylic paint like the ones you get for warhammer the ones in the tiny pots.

Then paint over the led

That's what i did to my old bluetooth. liquid paper works too - cheaper
    03-20-10 03:01 PM
    Good suggestion, thanks. I think she just doesn't want something in her ear. I love my Jawbones, I have two models, along with three other BT ear peices that I keep charged to always have one ready to go.
    03-21-10 07:57 AM
    Meh... I'm used to seeing blinky blue things in people's ears already... I find those less bothersome and more visible then the wired headsets that are still around. Those tend to hid in the ear rather well... and if the person is wearing a jacket the cord is dang hard to see... THOSE people are the ones I steer clear of... laughing, talking with their hands... but no one is talking back (or so it seems )
    03-21-10 09:12 AM
    LOL. Being Greek I do talk with my hands as much as my mouth (as if the person I'm talking to can see), I have to use a ear piece, or my phone is always being flailed about....
    03-21-10 09:26 AM
    Good timing. I was on the bus yesterday. It was hard to tell the real mutters speaking to Mars and those on cell/BT. But at least two were speaking to Mars or maybe Alpha centuri.
    03-21-10 09:31 AM
    Martians are better conversationalists......and they have more advanced Bluetooth sets.
    03-21-10 09:42 AM
    Martians are better conversationalists......and they have more advanced Bluetooth sets.
    i think the other guy meant talking to Mars = Nutter
    03-21-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD