I need a bluetooth that announces who is calling and gives me the option to answer or reject via voice command.

I was originally looking at the Plantronics Voyager Pro Plus UC, but I read that it does not have voice commands. The BlueAnt Q2 looks like it may have what I'm looking for, but I want something with excellent call quality as well, like the Voayger Pro Plus.

Also, pairing to multiple devices (2 phones and my desktop) is a definite plus.

Any suggestions?
    12-06-11 02:18 PM
    Anyone?
    12-07-11 03:02 PM
    If I'm understanding this correctly, you want to be able to reject incoming calls simply via a voice command? Is this even possible without an app like vlingo/drivesafe.ly running in the background? AFAIK, even to initiating voice calls for most headsets requires you to press a button once (and twice to reject.)

I have used two headset in the past: LG HBM-570, which had a horribly fitting ear hook but GREAT name announcing (even with ethnic names), and a Jawbone Icon which has a much better fit but only announces phone numbers. When I had the LG, I looked on eBay, there seem to be a lot of third party ear hooks available.
    Last edited by raino; 12-07-11 at 07:20 PM. Reason: totally got the model# wrong
    12-07-11 07:19 PM
    I think the newest JAWBONE has what your looking for. I've been using Jawbone for a couple of years and they work great. I also have the JAMBOX (wireless speaker) made by Jawbone and the sound is awesome compared to the small size. check out there site.
    raino and chickenbaby like this.
    12-07-11 08:24 PM
    If I'm understanding this correctly, you want to be able to reject incoming calls simply via a voice command? Is this even possible without an app like vlingo/drivesafe.ly running in the background? AFAIK, even to initiating voice calls for most headsets requires you to press a button once (and twice to reject.)

I have used two headset in the past: LG HBM-570, which had a horribly fitting ear hook but GREAT name announcing (even with ethnic names), and a Jawbone Icon which has a much better fit but only announces phone numbers. When I had the LG, I looked on eBay, there seem to be a lot of third party ear hooks available.
    Yes, this is possible. Check the BlueAnt Q2. When someone is calling, it will say the person's name in your contact list, "Call from Bob" and you can say "Answer" or "Ignore".

Welcome to the 21st century

I think the newest JAWBONE has what your looking for. I've been using Jawbone for a couple of years and they work great. I also have the JAMBOX (wireless speaker) made by Jawbone and the sound is awesome compared to the small size. check out there site.

The Jawbone does have voice commands. It announces who is calling you but you still have to swipe/push the button to answer or reject a call...
    12-09-11 04:04 PM
    I need a bluetooth that announces who is calling and gives me the option to answer or reject via voice command.

I was originally looking at the Plantronics Voyager Pro Plus UC, but I read that it does not have voice commands. The BlueAnt Q2 looks like it may have what I'm looking for, but I want something with excellent call quality as well, like the Voayger Pro Plus.

Also, pairing to multiple devices (2 phones and my desktop) is a definite plus.

Any suggestions?
    I like the concept, did you find anything yet that fits the specs
    12-12-11 03:58 PM
    No, just the BlueAnt Q2... Well maybe I'll just give the BlueAnt a go ahead and see how it works
    12-12-11 08:57 PM
    The Jambox does sound good
    12-25-11 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD