Jump on over to CNN.cn and they have the Verizon OEM rubberized battery cover!

BlackBerry Tour 9630 OEM rubberized/carbon fiber battery cover - Cellular Nationwide Network -

My door is loose, hopefully this one won't be! (and yes everyone, I know about all the tape, velcro, foamtape, business card--BS)

The rubberized U section will be much better than the glossy plastic...
    09-07-09 11:25 PM
    I'd be leery. They don't specify 2nd generation. Good luck with that.
    09-08-09 01:16 AM
    Jump on over to CNN.cn and they have the Verizon OEM rubberized battery cover!

BlackBerry Tour 9630 OEM rubberized/carbon fiber battery cover - Cellular Nationwide Network -

My door is loose, hopefully this one won't be! (and yes everyone, I know about all the tape, velcro, foamtape, business card--BS)

The rubberized U section will be much better than the glossy plastic...
    I think in most cases the loose door has more to do with the phone itself. When I first got my replacement I tried my old loose battery door on my new phone and it was snug. When that same door was on my old device it was loose. Same with the door from the replacement. On my old device loose, on my new device snug.
    09-08-09 03:21 AM
    Oh cool. I'd been checking and re-checking on there for exactly this. Time for a CNN order!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 03:52 AM
    I dont have access to my comp right now but does cnn ship to canada?

09-08-09 06:10 AM
    U should check out the thread on usIng electrical tape to fix. Do a search on it it really works. Buying a new door may not fix it. It may be the device...

09-08-09 08:01 AM
    U should check out the thread on usIng electrical tape to fix. Do a search on it it really works. Buying a new door may not fix it. It may be the device...

You don't even need tape, you can use anything for padding. You can use a small double sided stickie (like those for hanging up small picture, etc from CVS). Anything that will add a tiny bit of thickness works.
    09-08-09 08:07 AM
    I dont have access to my comp right now but does cnn ship to canada?

They are in Canada
    09-08-09 08:27 AM
    They are in Canada
    Lol ok thanks. I never visited their site.
    Ty fo info.

09-08-09 09:20 AM
    If u take off your battery cover at top right there is a little tab. I think that might have something to do with it

09-08-09 10:11 AM
    They are in Canada
    No they are not...CNN is in Hong Kong, China......shipping from CNN is pretty slow if you go with the standard postage but they are a good company to deal with from my experience. They ship worldwide though...so you are good in Canada.
    09-08-09 10:15 AM
    No they are not...CNN is in Hong Kong, China......shipping from CNN is pretty slow if you go with the standard postage but they are a good company to deal with from my experience. They ship worldwide though...so you are good in Canada.
    Thanks for the correction and info JR. I will look this up and order one. As my Tour is always naked, the rubber door is very interesting.
    Thanks again.

09-08-09 10:25 AM
    Yes they are in Hong Kong. The ".cn" suffix from CNN.cn is for China. Like ".ca" is from Canada.

I've used their standard and expedited shipping the faster shipping is fast. (Duh, of course!)
    But the regular shipping was pretty good too.

PS I'm in Vancouver if you're using the wapforums.

09-08-09 12:26 PM
    Yes they are in Hong Kong. The ".cn" suffix from CNN.cn is for China. Like ".ca" is from Canada.

I've used their standard and expedited shipping the faster shipping is fast. (Duh, of course!)
    But the regular shipping was pretty good too.

PS I'm in Vancouver if you're using the wapforums.

Just ordered ! Hope it's a tight fit, otherwise 2-sided tape again.
    09-08-09 04:47 PM
    I'm going to order later this week.

Last month during a shopping trip I dragged my family around to at least 6 Verzion stores or mall kiosks looking for this unsuccessfully. I probably spent close to $10 of gas, so I'm okay with the $16.99 price tag of this!

Whoever receives first, please report back!

09-08-09 11:15 PM
    I'm going to order later this week.

Last month during a shopping trip I dragged my family around to at least 6 Verzion stores or mall kiosks looking for this unsuccessfully. I probably spent close to $10 of gas, so I'm okay with the $16.99 price tag of this!

Whoever receives first, please report back!

Just got an email from them saying it was shipped and gave me a tracking number. 7 to 10 days of waiting. I just hope its not loose.

09-09-09 04:59 AM
    i have a brand new tour battery cover form verizon off my replacement i just got this afternoon if anybody is interested in buying it feel free to shoot me a txt @ 8165031511with an offer...
    09-09-09 05:00 PM
    Got the new battery cover today. It is wayyyyy better than the glossy plastic one, even the 'carbon fibre' part is actually rubberized! The door is still loose BUT it doesn't come with the little piece of foam that is above battery...it isn't as loose for sure, but I am sure once I get a piece of black foam there, it will fit like a glove.
    09-10-09 09:00 AM
    question: why the frak did this door not come on the original, that was one of my main gripes when i bought the phone. wtf.
    09-10-09 09:09 AM
    I used the tape fix from the post in the link below. It solved all my door problems and I'm very particular about fit and function.

I tried padding, I tried sticky tape in various locations. All caused gaps around the edges of the phone that I found unacceptable. The tape right at the slide lock works great.

Personally, I think it should be a sticky on the front page. There is about a bajillion of these door posts. Here's the fix....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ba...sticky-308236/
    09-10-09 09:32 AM
    Got the new battery cover today. It is wayyyyy better than the glossy plastic one, even the 'carbon fibre' part is actually rubberized! The door is still loose BUT it doesn't come with the little piece of foam that is above battery...it isn't as loose for sure, but I am sure once I get a piece of black foam there, it will fit like a glove.
    Thanks for the tip. Wonder why it doesnt come with the foam though.

09-10-09 09:37 AM
    Thanks for the tip. Wonder why it doesnt come with the foam though.

Actually I remember from one of the previous 8330 housings I purchased from them that the foam padding sticker on the inside was missing.

Come on, CNN! I'm a big fan!
    But I don't think cutting out this foam is the way to mega-profits!

I'll pay an extra 25 cents to get mine with!
    09-10-09 10:56 PM
    So... I am now having problems with my tour backdoor.. If i take it to verizon do they give me a refurb phone or can i ask for a new one?

It's been out of the 30 window.
    09-11-09 08:44 AM
    Agreed! I love CNN.cn but ya come on, wheres the foam? I am sure I can find/make a black piece that looks/feels the same. But just sucks.

I was going to order the Incipio Feather case for the BB Tour, but now that I have this rubberized backdoor I'm set!
    09-11-09 10:42 AM
    I know Best Buy has been selling a blue replacement door cover. I wonder what the looseness on that is?? I would be willing to try it but the price was $25 I believe.
    09-11-09 11:05 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD