I'm looking to buy a rubber skin cover that I see a lot of people have for their Blackberry Bold. Crackberry.com has it has 10 bucks I think. AT&T store has it at 40! But amazon.com is only $2.51

Amazon.com: Black skin CASE COVER for Blackberry Bold 9000: Apparel

Just want to make sure I'm buying the right one. Thanks.
    01-24-09 09:55 PM
    Btw I already have a screen protector. Should I pay 20 bucks for a really good one or $2.51 for that cheap skin cover?
    01-24-09 10:04 PM
    Silicone skins suck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 10:06 PM
    Silicone skins suck.

couldn't have said it better myself.

But OP, they are cheap $8-10 everywhere and dont buy from at&t. there just as bad as best buy prices.
    01-24-09 10:28 PM
    The rubber skin is just that and nothing more. It is worth a few dollars if you like the concept. I have not seen anyone use it on the street here in New York City.

When I wear the appropriate belt and clothing, the original belt holster is my pick for safety and convenience.
    01-24-09 10:28 PM
    The rubber skin is just that and nothing more. It is worth a few dollars if you like the concept. I have not seen anyone use it on the street here in New York City.

When I wear the appropriate belt and clothing, the original belt holster is my pick for safety and convenience.
    funny I've never seen one on the streets either
    01-24-09 10:31 PM
    The silicone cases add a little more protection if you're not big on holsters. I have 2 silicone skins that I use when I don't want to use my holster. The only thing about buying the cheap ones...they're not oem so u may not have access to side ports or side keys. Its $2 just try it out
    *oh yea the 1 time I dropped my Bold I had my skin on and it sorta junst bounced when it landed*
    Last edited by GlamSwagger; 01-24-09 at 10:33 PM.
    01-24-09 10:31 PM
    So the most basic rubber skin isn't good protection?
    01-24-09 10:35 PM
    It's better than nothing - it's a layer of protection between your berry and the pavement. But it won't do anything if it lands face first.

They also tend to be quite sticky, which make them pick up dust and pocket lint quite easily, and harder to take out of your pocket. And if you take your device in and out of it frequently, over time the case stretches and doesn't fit as well.
    01-25-09 12:25 AM
    It's better than nothing - it's a layer of protection between your berry and the pavement. But it won't do anything if it lands face first.

They also tend to be quite sticky, which make them pick up dust and pocket lint quite easily, and harder to take out of your pocket. And if you take your device in and out of it frequently, over time the case stretches and doesn't fit as well.
    They stretch a lot! My provider gave me one free with the phone (probably to compensate for blatantly ripping me off). After 3 weeks, I could lift my phone out of the casing without removing the corners. Needless to say, it was rather unsightly. I quickly got myself another casing, which doesn't pick the lint up off of everything.

01-25-09 08:29 AM
    I agree it is better than nothing. I wear a suit everyday, I use a skin because it keeps it from slipping out of my pocket. I personally don't like the "bulkiness" of a holser.
    I bought my OEM skin off of ebay for about 5 bucks.
    01-25-09 08:36 AM
    i use the case that came with the phone but would like something to at least protect the screen. if i can protect the whole phone that would be ok also as long as the phone can still fit in the original case. is there anything that will do this?
    thanks in advance kevin o'b freehold nj
    01-26-09 04:58 AM
    Me niether.. yet I also haven't seen anyone with a otterbox/any other hard cases...
    funny I've never seen one on the streets either
    01-26-09 05:07 AM
    I've paid about 5 bucks on ebay for the OEM rubber skins. They do suck if you use them all the time. I just use them when I workout at the gym. Or when I'm around the house.

01-26-09 05:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD