Im the proud new owner of a Torch. What a great device. Only thing I dislike are the ringtones. I cant hear them half of the time and I would like to use the ringtones that come preinstalled on the older devices.

Im a big fan of the BB Pro_4 ringtone which oddly enough isnt on the Torch and I cant seem to get it off of my old 9700 or Storm. It just will not appear on my PC in either BB folder (device or media card memory) and I cant send it via bluetooth or BBM/MMS.

Can someone tell me, if there is a way, to get the included BB ringers off of an old device and onto a Torch. It seems as though they are locked.

CHEERS!

edit: ive also searched various bittorrent sites. All I can find are the included iPhone ringtones
    Last edited by JudasShawn; 10-10-10 at 05:12 PM.
    10-10-10 05:05 PM
    Try this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ho...-9800-a-512846
    Last edited by ohbarnes; 10-10-10 at 06:15 PM.
    10-10-10 06:10 PM
    The above link from "ohbarnes" is the exact one that you need.

CB member "jeffreii" did a great job with a 'how-to' post on getting the 5.0 ringtones on the 9800. I used the Easy Method that is posted and it works flawlessly for me.
    10-10-10 06:39 PM
    Did the same thing by following Jefferli's imstruction. You'll need to download and use BBSAK - Blackberry Swiss Army Knife to import the COD files to the Torch. Super easy process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 06:43 PM
    Did the same thing by following Jefferli's imstruction. You'll need to download and use BBSAK - Blackberry Swiss Army Knife to import the COD files to the Torch. Super easy process.

You only need BBSAK if you use the "Harder (but better)" method. If you use the "Easy" method you don't need it.
    10-10-10 06:46 PM
    Now that you mention it I recall there were a few different methods to put the ringtones on the Torch. I actually found the BBSAK method rather easy. But I'm glad you brought that up. I had forgotten there were different ways to it. Thanks for the reminder.

You only need BBSAK if you use the "Harder (but better)" method. If you use the "Easy" method you don't need it.
    10-10-10 07:03 PM
    Now that you mention it I recall there were a few different methods to put the ringtones on the Torch. I actually found the BBSAK method rather easy. But I'm glad you brought that up. I had forgotten there were different ways to it. Thanks for the reminder.
    Yeah, there were two methods... "Easy" and "Harder (but better)". I just figured I'd try the "Easy" one first!
    10-10-10 07:35 PM
    Thanks! Ill give it a try!
    10-11-10 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD