Hi,
    I just recently moved from an 8310 to an 8900, and the one accessory I haven't been able to find a replacement for is my BlackBerry Power Station.

It was super handy for my desk, and I could really use one for my 8900...
    DON'T want another charging pod (I already have one for my night stand), it's just to small and light and gets bumped around my desk too much.
    Most of the 3rd party ones use USB cables which is just plain annoying.

I have seen the Seido one, and it doesn't look bad, and looks more secure. It still isn't as nice as my Power Station though, so can you help?
    10-06-09 05:50 PM
    Nothing, eh?
    I spent some quality time on Google and came up dry there too...
    *sigh*
    10-08-09 04:17 AM
    I too have looked and come up with zilch.

A work around could be to use the lightweight charging cradle and attache this to a heavy base. You could use wood, metal or stone for this depending upon taste.

It is not a 100% solution but at least you would have an unique desk ornament.

My belief is that there are now so many different phones ot there and the iToy is so prevalent (like Pig Flu) that manufacturers have been obliged to cut down on the number of accessories they make foe each phone.

The iPod and iPhone got one thing dead right and that was the standarized connector on the base of all their devices. If only RIM would put the micro_USB on the bottom of the phone and surround it by a foolproof plastic guide to ensure perfect docking/charging each time then I am sure that we would see a plethora of decent devices in no time at all.
    10-08-09 04:25 AM
    True. The iPod connector is a thing of beauty.
    But the Power Station actually has changeable cradles, so all I really need is a new cradle. It looks like RIM has stopped at the Bold though.
    I'm starting to think about making/modding a cradle myself....
    10-08-09 04:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD