Hey guys,

I just got my blackberry tour and to be honest, I can't stand the huge holster it is in and I find it tacky to wear on my belt. However; I'm afraid to put it in my pocket due to getting dust/lint in the screen, keyboard, and especially the trackball. I have both a basic skin and an incipio hard case for it but neither of them cover the keyboard/trackball. Is there any accessory that covers the keyboard without being a leather holster and also, do you guys recommend putting it in your pocket with the skin/hard case?

Let me know!

Medy7
    01-27-10 05:20 PM
    I'm not a fan of phones in the pocket, mostly because I carry too much junk in there already, but also because of the lint. I don't know if you're against a belt clip in general, or if you just don't like the one you have. There are a lot of different types of belt clips/holsters. Some are just a half shell, hard plastic clip that hugs tight to your side and the phone snaps in. Others have cases that go over the phone first and still fit into a belt clip. Look at shopcrackberry.com. They've got tons of options. If you're a guy, it's either in the pocket or in some type of holster. Girls (and homos...not that there's anything wrong with that) have the added benefit of a purse. Shirt pocket is a terrible idea, as the phones going to fall out every time you bend over (hetero or homo).

By the way, congrats on the new Tour. That's a great phone.
    01-27-10 05:43 PM
    I carry it in the original holster, but when I feel obligated to put it in my pocket(when I go in place where it's easy to stole it), I put a silicone skin on it. This is not the best solution for dust but I dont use this solution very offen...
    01-27-10 05:47 PM
    Not sure about the Tour but I've been carrying my Storm 1 and now Bold 9000 'naked' in my pocket since new without any trouble with lint/dust. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 06:34 PM
    The 9000 lives in my pocket if I am carrying the phone. An OEM leather pouch offers protection from pocket lint and dust. The holster was far too annoying to use. The pouch in pocket has worked well for months now.

01-27-10 07:21 PM
    Ditto on the OEM pouch. I use it or the holster, depending on where Im going.
    01-27-10 07:24 PM
    I love the holster and how the berry works with it. When i am going out however i put the phone in my pocket but i make sure there is nothing in it so that i don't scratch my berry. Everything good so far.
    01-27-10 07:39 PM
    I use a Sena pouch to cover the keypad & trackball. The Sena pouch is really thin.

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : BlackBerry-Tour 9630-UltraSlim
    01-27-10 07:50 PM
    The 9000 lives in my pocket if I am carrying the phone. An OEM leather pouch offers protection from pocket lint and dust. The holster was far too annoying to use. The pouch in pocket has worked well for months now.

same here;I too use a leather pouch for my BB.
    01-27-10 10:53 PM
    I use the leather pouch, Otterbox if it's likely to get abused or just dump it in my pocket, I can't say I've ever had a problem with lint/pocket dust though.

01-28-10 01:18 AM
    I believe an otterbox will protect keyboard aswell

01-28-10 03:57 AM
    When did it become tacky to use the holster? Personally, I like the holster. I haven't had any issues with it. My Bold doesn't have a scratch on it, no trouble with dust or lint, and it preserves battery life. But like a few others have mentioned, a leather sleeve or pouch may be the answer for you. They are particularly nice if you wear suit jackets; you can just slip it in the inside pocket like you would do your wallet.

01-28-10 04:24 AM
    The holster is a bit bulky for me. I use an OEM sleeve/pouch purchased from here for my Tour. Works well and allows me to carry in a pocket protected.

01-28-10 06:48 AM
    My curve didnt come with a holster or pouch. So popped up the road and bought the official blackberry leather holder. Bit bulky yeah, but fits the phone snug and nothing gets inside it which is a bonus.

Great bit of kit for 15 uk quid
    01-28-10 06:58 AM
    I believe an otterbox will protect keyboard aswell

It depends on the Otterbox, the Commuter and the Impact will not cover the screen. Only the Defender will, and it add some serious bulk to your phone. You may want to venture into the world of the Siedio (sp?) 360 case. it covers the screen, the keyboard and adds minimum bulk to the phone. and everyone that has reviewed the phone @ Amazon.com has given it good reviews...

Personally i use the otterbox defender and the otterbox holster for the phone.

01-28-10 07:58 AM
    I have never been a fan of a naked BB in pocket. Especially track ball ones, I went through 3 pearls in one year cause of track ball problems. Not saying it was all damage done buy lint but I was also in a dusty environment. Now with my 9700 I keep it in the holster.

01-28-10 08:44 AM
    I put my 8330 in my pocket all the time since I got it last spring...never an issue. I don't like the look of any Blackberry hanging on your belt, they're to big.
    01-28-10 08:50 AM
    This is what I use when I know I'm going to be carrying my Tour in one of my front pockets, it's made by BlackBerry for the Tour, plus you can choose from 3 different colors, works really well, I've had my Tour for a couple months now, and I've had no problems.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Q6VsWc_A
    It's affordable too!

Just a side note, my girlfriend has a Tour as well, and she just puts her phone in her pocket, no skin, no sleeve, no holster, nothing, and she hasn't had any trackball problems what so ever. Also, to my understanding, the Tour hasn't had any issues with dust getting under it's screen that I've read about. But, it's better to be safe than sorry, I always use the sleeve if I know that I'm going to have it in one of my front pockets. The only time I don't is if I'm wearing jeans with a side pocket (painters jeans), then I just slide it in that pocket.
    01-28-10 08:58 AM
    Moving to BB Accessories
    01-28-10 08:59 AM
    I keep my 8830 in an otterbox defender series cas, IMO this is the best case for keeping your keyboard clean. The trackball is also unexposed when the case is in it's holster. I do pocket it from time to time but have had one occasion where I had to clean a large piece of lint out of the trackball. If there is any chance your BB is going to have to face any abuse, you can't beat an otterbox for protection. This is by far the best phone case I have ever owned.!!
    01-28-10 04:51 PM
    I have a regular skin but its such a pain to get in and out of my pocket idk it always sticks to the insides and the skin always comes off in my pocket, so recently my tours been naked in pocket and haven't had any problems!

01-30-10 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD