I need help. I am getting the storm delivered on Saturday, and trying to get the media sync configured so I can set my playlists. I run Vista Ultimate, and when I try to install BB Media Sync, it tells me that I need to restart my PC. I restarted, and it gives me the same error. I deleted the install and tried again and got the same error message. I have BB medai sync working fin on my XP machine, but I do not have the same Itunes library. any suggestions?
    11-20-08 10:01 PM
    Well, you are not alone! I am having the same issue using Windows Vista Home Edition. Every time I try and install Media Sync, it requests a reboot first. Let me know if you find a solution. Thanks.
    11-21-08 07:16 AM
    Same issue here. New storm arrived today. New versions of BB desktop + VZ Access Manager installed with no prob. Media Sync will not install anyway I try it - through the BB Desktop (v4.7) interface, or by downloading and installing directly. Running as Admin, and multiple reboots do not solve the problem. Any ideas welcome!
    11-22-08 05:52 PM
    Had the same problem last night as well. Look forward to hearing what the fix might be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 04:07 PM
    I have the same problem -- I am running Vista Ultimate x32 and 4.7 DM with my Storm and it does not seem to want to get installed. It keeps asking for reboot. I have tried the suggestions above but to no avail.
    12-10-08 12:36 AM
    Same here. Crashes Desktop Manager too.
    12-13-08 04:17 PM
    I have a little differ problem
    When i am coping my video from my PC to phone - conversion is not runong ( Active Sunc )
    I have windows Mobile
    12-14-08 01:49 PM
    I got to first base this AM with Windows Vista Business and Media Sync for my Storm - this after trying for more than a week. I went to Administrator/Administrator in WVB and nuked the Desktop Manager. I then went to blackberry.com and downloaded and installed ONLY the media sync package. This package is a blast - it automatically reformatted my iPOD music for my Storm.

I then reloaded the Desktop Manager, but I'm too chicken to try and mess with its media tools, etc.

RIM/Verizon: PLEASE clean up installation and order of installation of driver, desktop, VCAST, Rhapsody, Media Manager, Media Sync, Roxio, and whatever for handling MM !
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE !
    12-14-08 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD