I am in LOVE with the BlackBerry Leather Swivel Holster for my 9000, 9700 and 9900, though I had a little complaint with the 9900 model. It fit nicely inside, snug, and easy to access. It protected it for the most part, though having some of the corners exposed, it got damaged a little from the occasional fall. The 9900 Model made it impossible to charge while in the case itself, where as the 9000 and 9700 gave me the option to still charge it while in the case (because of where the charging USB port was)

I just recently purchased my BlackBerry Z10 and found it quite disappointing to see it did not come with a BlackBerry Leather Swivel Holster in the box like my previous 3 Blackberry's did. No big deal, I'll go purchase one but after doing some investigating, I noticed a very annoying flaw with the case: The magnetic flap at the top to hold the phone in the case covers the 3.5mm headphone jack. This is simply unacceptable since I use my Blackberry to listen to music on the go CONSTANTLY. At the gym, driving in my car (plugged in via AUX port), going for a walk, etc etc. It was bad enough that they made the port lower on their phones all the time and made it so I couldn't charge my 9900 while in the case but now I can't listen to music or charge my Z10 while in the holster?

Common Blackberry, please be more careful when making these decisions. Either leave the headphone jack on the side of the phone where it's been for years, or make sure your official accessories have access to their ports for easy use.

Now I have to go find another form of protection and a way to carry around my phone in comfort and style.

/rant
    02-07-13 10:15 PM
    Or, you could always put the phone in the case with the touchscreen facing inwards.
    02-11-13 01:24 PM
    Or, you could always put the phone in the case with the touchscreen facing inwards.
    I'm with Blue Shift....after reading the initial question I looked at my holster and said "there's the headphone jack, whats svjones talking about?"......I put my Z10 in the holster with the screen facing in, towards my hip.....I think it's more protected that way
    02-12-13 08:29 AM
    Like the OP, I always dropped my BlackBerry into the case with the screen out (9700, 9900). That was until I was un boxing my wife's 9900... Turns out there was a little piece of instructional paper in the case. It said to put the phone SCREEN IN! This must be how they intend us to use the Z10 case, as the flap is offset to permit use of the headphone jack in this orientation.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 08:38 AM
    Oh yes, don't push on the lock button when putting the Z10 into the holster. Push on the corners of the phone. This will prevent the accidental shutdowns...

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 08:40 AM
    I guess I'm so use to having it the other way, I never considered that. Maybe I'll buy it and give that a try
    02-14-13 12:40 PM
    I just bought the holster today and noticed this. I agree with the OP in that it is a design flaw. Yes, you could put the screen facing forward BUT you wouldn't see the notification light (and the notification light is one of the reason I like BB's).

Also, access to the bottom volume key is restricted which limits taking advantage of the next track/previous track.

It is a design flaw or at least they chose a design that limits certain features of the phone depending on how it is used. I sincerely doubt BB will fix it but I'll send them a comment regardless.

It leaves room for a third party manufacturer to release a better holster since it can address BB's oversights.
    03-02-13 02:17 PM
    I went out and bought this case because I loved it on my old BlackBerry phones, and I noticed quickly that I now lack the notification light. So basically, if I need the headphone jack, I'll put it in backwards. Otherwise, it'll be in normal for the notification light

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 06:54 PM