I just returned from the Telus store because sometimes when I would click on a home screen icon, the title for that icon would distort its color a split second (redish, bluish, purplish color). The rep said I was placing my BB in the holster the wrong way (screen facing outwards) and told me to put it in the correct position (screen facing inwards) because the magnet in the holster may have something to do with it. I was just wondering if this would really cause an issue and which way do you place your phone in your holster, facing inwards (screen towards you) or outwards (screen facing away from you). Thanks...
    09-01-09 04:39 PM
    outwards to see the LED
    09-01-09 05:08 PM
    Use it both ways and it works fine no problems
    09-01-09 05:09 PM
    It's an LCD and a magnet will have no noticeable effect on it. Now if you had Blackberry with a old CRT (I would want to see that BTW) then a magnet would effect the screen.

What the issue is here is when you place a small amount pressure on or near the screen (as with the home button) the LCD can't reproduce the image accurately. Once the pressure is taken off and the Liquid fills back in the screen will return to normal. Hope that helped.
    09-01-09 05:35 PM
    LCD=Liquid Crystal Display...

What afnstech told you is dead on right. Pressure on an LCD can and has damaged a few LCD monitors. Not sure how much damage, if any, prolonged pressure to a Blackberry screen would do, but I do not plan to be the guinea pig that finds out lol.
    09-01-09 05:45 PM
    I don't think the color distortion has anything to do with the screen hardware, but rather the software. I've noticed that sometimes if you have a pop up dialogue box and close it, for a split second the area it took up will artifact and display the wrong "layer" (if that makes any sense).

There's no correlation between the screen and the magnet (you think RIM would've made holsters that way if there were?).

For what it's worth, when I used the holster I placed my phone facing inwards, so when I took it out with my right hand (holster on right side), I could immediately use it (no flipping necessary).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD