It boggles my mind that there is no decent holster case for the blackberry curve. Yes blackberry offers one but it shows a bizarre sense of ergonomics. My main objection to blackberry's latched holster case is the device faces outward. So to take the device out of the case open latch, I have to show everyone the front, flip the device and then start using it. What was the use case here. UI also have to hope that if I bump into anyone or anything I don't hit the screen.

The case looked like its designed for people who keep it in the case all day and wear it only to transport it.

What the curve needs is a holster or vertical case that:

1. Allows the blackberry to face inward
    2. Has the oem sleep function with the magnet
    3. Does not require a rubberier damaging top clip to hold it in place
    4. Does not require putting a skin around the device to protect it from the holster
    5. Latch optional

Id be happy with a blackberry pocket(what it comes with) with holster and magnet

PS-Apologize for cross posting but partly wasn't sure where to put and partly couldn't delete other message.
    07-10-08 01:41 PM
    Is there something wrong with this one??

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 Leather Swivel Holster, Pitch Black: Cell Phones & Service

When you put the phone in the holdster it should face inward because there is a slot for the trackball. It also works for the 8330 as I bought mine from an ATT store.

Edit: Also this in case

Amazon.com: BlackBerry 8300 8310 8320 Smartphone Curve Black Swivel Belt Clip Holster: Cell Phones & Service

the picture shows it facing out but it can be put facing inwards. I thought about getting it but was used to leather holdster from my 8830.
    Last edited by ediggity; 07-10-08 at 03:14 PM.
    07-10-08 03:05 PM
    My OEM leather holster has trackball grooves on both sides of the interior...I carry mine face-out. The flap is magnetic, so no latch. Sleeper function works fine. Swivel ratchet belt clip. $7 on Amazon. I use mine with an OEM rubber skin, as well, but I don't HAVE to, certainly not to protect it from the case itself.
    07-10-08 03:35 PM
    I've embarrassingly come to realize that it has grooves on both side. The blackberry pocket it came with didn't so I assumed. Thanks and sorry about out
    07-10-08 05:02 PM

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 Leather Swivel Holster, Pitch Black: Cell Phones & Service

When you put the phone in the holdster it should face inward because there is a slot for the trackball. It also works for the 8330 as I bought mine from an ATT store.
    That's the one I got from Amazon...the magnetic clasp works great...and it has grooves for the trackball on both sides, so you can carry your BB facing either way...for 8 bux it's hard to beat.
    07-13-08 09:23 AM

Edit: Also this in case

Amazon.com: BlackBerry 8300 8310 8320 Smartphone Curve Black Swivel Belt Clip Holster: Cell Phones & Service

the picture shows it facing out but it can be put facing inwards. I thought about getting it but was used to leather holdster from my 8830.

that first amazon case is the one i've used for well over a year. It is clipped to my belt and the berry faces sidewars horizontal. it still works like a champ just the blackberry logo is well faded and not silver anymore, lol. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this case, and im very picky!
    07-13-08 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD