Hi, I just purchased an official Blackberry Charging pod for my Pearl. I have a question. I connect the charging pod to the USB cable. Can I leave the charging pod plugged in all day, or will this hurt it? Will I have to unplug the charging pod from the USB cable when I am not charging the Blackberry? If I can leave it plugged in all day, can I leave my Blackberry in the charging pod say all day even after the Blackberry is done charging? Or will this affect the battery life of the Blackberry? Also, when I get a text message, to reply I pull the phone out of the charging pod, reply, put it back in. I'll get another text, pull it out of the pod, reply, then put it back in. Receive, pull out, reply, put back in. You get the picture. Does this affect the charging pod or the Blackberry in any way by doing this? Would doing this this disrupt the charging process of the phone? Thanks,
    02-01-09 06:00 PM
    You can leave the phone in the charging pod for as long as you
    like. Because there is a smart chip there is no possibility of
    overcharging the battery so no damage will result from leaving it
    in for extended periods.
    02-01-09 08:02 PM
    You can leave the phone in the charging pod for as long as you
    like. Because there is a smart chip there is no possibility of
    overcharging the battery so no damage will result from leaving it
    in for extended periods.
    Thanks for the answer. But is it alright if I take the phone out constantly whilst charging to reply to text messages etc. then put it back in the pod and keep repeating this process? Will this affect the phone battery at all? Also, you may have already answered this one when you said I can leave the phone in as long as I want, and common sense would lead me to believe this, but I'll ask just to make sure. Can I leave the charging pod connected to my USB cable for as long as I want even if the phone is not in it? Will the LED light indicators in it die quickly because I am constantly leaving it plugged in or any other sort of damage to it? Thanks,
    02-01-09 08:49 PM
    The LED is a very low draw on power so there is no worry there.

As to taking the phone off charge, using it and putting it back,
    again you got no worries. Li-Ion batteries are meant to be topped
    off whenever possible so you are not harming anything in doing
    what you suggested. By virtue of how the battery is designed
    you are actually doing a benefit to the battery.
    02-01-09 09:44 PM
    Alright cool. Thanks for all the help!
    02-01-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD