So I work at Target and while I was working I noticed we got in some wireless charging mats for blackberry and Iphones. I was just wondering if anyone has used them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 01:56 PM
    Was this it? Stylish Powermat Allows Wireless Charging | Walyou I just saw a review on it the other day on youtube. I've been reading up on splash pad for the last 4 years and finally some thing is making it to the scene. If only it didn't require those ugly receivers on the back of the phone/ds/psp/etc to catch the charge.
    10-10-09 02:43 PM
    i totally agree ... i do not know if i like the receivers on the back...
    10-10-09 07:42 PM
    I think I like the Palm Pre's wireless changer idea better.
    Though I would rather the plam version were a mat as well, rather than a little tilted pod/pog looking thing.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 10-10-09 at 08:03 PM.
    10-10-09 08:00 PM
    yeah the idea is really cool. I'm not convinced I need it though, I charge in a lot of different places, the cable works just fine.
    10-11-09 04:17 PM
    They look really interesting. I'm mainly wondering how well they work. It's definitely not a necessity, but it looks cool.
    10-11-09 05:57 PM
    If they had the adapters I needed I'd buy this in a heartbeat. I was reading about it when I heard about it during CES. Soooo cool.
    10-11-09 06:27 PM
    Looks cool and I saw it at Target over this weekend also but again, it seems to be quite a large piece for a charger. Like a smaller Palm Pre's Touchstone, it would be much cooler. And somebody already mentioned, I don't think I want the device stuck in the back of my BB all the time. It won't fit in any case. No matter how it looks cool and practical and they release a model for Tour, I don't think I would be interested in it.
    10-12-09 03:34 PM
    Isn't that powerless changer expensive? Anyway the receiver is just ugly. I'll just stick to the old way. Simple and no hassle.
    10-18-09 11:55 PM
    i have a charging station that all you have to do is slide your bb in and thats it no connecting wires and definently no crazy battery door, 99 buck for the mat and then 40 bucks for the battery door is a waste in my book
    10-20-09 11:40 AM
    Check out the Wildcharge wireless charger it has a silicone case with a built in charging senser but the total price will be about $70.00 it's $25.00 for the skin and $35.00 for the mat !!!

Last edited by champalden; 05-04-10 at 09:23 PM.
    05-04-10 09:19 PM
    I got it as a gift for Christmas. One bought me the mat and others bought me the backs to my berry/itouch/nintendo ds lite.
    Yes it can get expensive but I use it all the time. It is a great tool and it's so nice to just have the ability to charge 4 things almost wirelessly.

The battery backs are a bit different but they feel good on the iPod and blackberry. I use a belt clip so I don't mind the back.

Since I have recieved the mat I've been following their progress and they are talking about making batteries instead of backs for the devices so you can use a case of skin.

All in all it is an awesome gift idea and an even better gift! Lol
    but seriously I do love it.

05-05-10 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD