This is an odd question, but I'm wondering whats the deal with the default case that comes with the bold.

It seems to be just a leather case with a magnetic strap, but whenever I put my bold in it, it goes into 'sleep' mode or something.

The screen turns off and it won't turn back on until I take it out of the case.

How does this work, or is mine just defective lol?
    09-15-08 02:10 AM
    This is an odd question, but I'm wondering whats the deal with the default case that comes with the bold.

It seems to be just a leather case with a magnetic strap, but whenever I put my bold in it, it goes into 'sleep' mode or something.

can you check standby mode on the bb? there is minimum time out on the bb.
    09-15-08 02:13 AM
    not sure what you mean sorry I'm a BB newb.
    09-15-08 02:26 AM
    The case is designed to work like that. I asked the same question and a friend explained that there is a magnetic thing at the back of the case which will turn off your BB phone.
    09-15-08 02:42 AM
    You have discovered the 'Proximity sensor'. Every genuine BlackBerry case accessory (expect the skins...) has one and not only will it send the BB to sleep, but it can also change your profile and ring style to whatever you deem appropriate for a cased BB.

/0
    09-15-08 02:56 AM
    This may seem a bit weird to begin with but I now love this feature, go into your profiles and it is very customisable indeed
    09-15-08 04:47 AM

You get a strap? Cool! The Curve case is open top........
    09-15-08 05:52 AM
    The whole idea of having the magnet is to put your BB in standby/sleep mode which helps save battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 06:14 AM
    I managed to pick up one of the official silicone cases at stall in LA whilst on the last day of my holiday on Friday.
    09-21-08 12:43 PM
    Maybe a stupid question, is it possible to remove the clip on the holster that is located at the back? its making the holster stand out too far and i am not the type that hangs my phone on my clothes but rather in my pockets

Thanks for any response
    09-21-08 01:18 PM
    Maybe a stupid question, is it possible to remove the clip on the holster that is located at the back? its making the holster stand out too far and i am not the type that hangs my phone on my clothes but rather in my pockets

Thanks for any response
    You can remove the clip on the case that the bold came with. All I did was take a pair of long nose pliers and you can see two tabs under the clip itself. Just pinch and lift and the belt clip should come right off. It did take a little bit of effort, but worth it for me as I don't like to hang it off my belt either.
    09-21-08 03:32 PM
    You can remove the clip on the case that the bold came with. All I did was take a pair of long nose pliers and you can see two tabs under the clip itself. Just pinch and lift and the belt clip should come right off. It did take a little bit of effort, but worth it for me as I don't like to hang it off my belt either.
    Thanks c.paqueo,

Great news for me, will try and post feedback
    09-21-08 03:38 PM
    Interestingly there seem to be different types of case being distributed with Bold's sold in Canada, which have a flip over 'strap', to those in the UK which are just a 'slide in' type.

AFAIK, both have the 'Proximity sensor' though!
    09-21-08 04:51 PM
    Called a sleeper magnet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 08:53 PM
    Worked like a charm, thanks alot
    09-22-08 12:48 AM
    The blackberry has settings for when you have it in your holster and when its out just change it to the settings you would like in either out or in case...
    09-22-08 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD