So I just picked up my first Blackberry ever and so far I love it! The only problem I have is that I'm a electrician so I want a case that will stand up to a day of work. I saw the otterbox defender case I don't need something that rugged because I'm not going to be dropping it 5 times a day. The otterbox Impact looks like it might do the trick. I just want to know what you guys think about it or have any others that are good?
    06-13-09 06:27 PM
    It's a good case or more like a skin with bumpers. It can take minor drops but offers no screen protection. You may also want to look at the Seidio Innocase or Seidio 360.

seidioonline.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/re...y-bold-237568/
    06-13-09 06:33 PM
    The OtterBox Impact is basically just a silicone skin...

I have the OtterBox Defender. Im not going to lie to you, it is bulky, however in my opinion its worth it.

There are 3 layers to the case: a clear membrane that covers the screen and keyboard, a polycarb case, and a silicone skin that wraps around the polycarb.

I have the yellow version (makes it easier to find when I lay it down somewhere) (granted it resembles a Nextel radio from the late 90's)

If you can find one locally check it out, if not you could always order it from otterbox.com and return if you don't like it.

Good Luck!!
    06-13-09 07:21 PM
    I have the yellow otterbox defender aswell (actually put it in the marketplace), its huge and worth it. I don't do flooring or painting anymore so I don't need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 07:52 PM
    Plus 1 for seidio.com.

06-13-09 08:03 PM
    My Bold's snug and safe in its Seidio Innocase and Spring Clip Holster.

06-13-09 10:58 PM
    i have never given seidio a try but like others have said so far it might be your top option. this being that you are an electrician.
    06-13-09 11:17 PM
    Otterbox here, its bulky but the Bold is protected and I find it essential when working to ensure it doen't get damaged. When not at work I use a standard leather case.
    06-14-09 01:49 AM
    I think from what I've seen and what you guys have said I think the seidio is the one I will go with. Does anybody know of any places in Canada that would sell it instead of buying it online? Purchasing online isn't a big deal other than waiting for shipping. Thanks for your help!
    06-14-09 11:37 AM
    Plus 1 for seidio.com.

plus 2 for seidio
    06-14-09 11:39 AM
    Otterbox here, its bulky but the Bold is protected and I find it essential when working to ensure it doen't get damaged. When not at work I use a standard leather case.
    Do you use the keyboard and screen cover..must be a pain putting that on and off each time you dont use the case?

Robin
    06-14-09 11:49 AM
    Do you use the keyboard and screen cover..must be a pain putting that on and off each time you dont use the case?

Robin

No I don't, I don't work with water and I'm very careful with my coffee
    It's the knock/scrape protection and firmness of clip hold that makes it such a useful item when working amongst 'trades'.
    06-14-09 12:19 PM
    I loved my Seidio Innocase until it broke on me after a few weeks. I still think this is the best case for the Blackberry Bold. I had tried many cases until I found the Seidio Innocase. So far I am not too happy with Seidio's customer service that did say they would replace my case under the 6 month warrenty. I am still waiting for the replacement and the claim to be processed. I was really close to getting an extended battery from them but then I found out that they also only have a 6 month warrenty. Unlike the OEM ones which have a 1 year warrenty. When I asked why the warrenty was so short on a battery the guy said "we're working on it". So again Seidio has some great and unique products but dont expect their customer service to be that great.
    06-15-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD