I just received my Bold 9700 Skin in the mail today at the $4.99 price, i placed the order last Friday and it shipped on Sat. and arrived today here in Canada. Ordered a couple other skins as well and have another pack of skins that should be here tomorrow or Monday. Phone is on the way and I will be sure to add some pics once the install is done and add my review.

Wondering if anyone has installed theirs on their 9700 yet and could maybe snap some pics? also hows the fit? Haven't decided if I will put the piece on for the leather backing or the front keys yet, wondering what some of you guys did?

First impression of the skins is that they look exactly like the ZAGG IS skins just no fancy packaging or extra materials
    11-26-09 09:13 PM
    BUMP I would love some input too , I'm thinking of buying it for my phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 11:18 PM
    have the skin for ipod. It's good stuff.
    11-26-09 11:23 PM
    I got the same skin from BSE on my 9700. Its good quality and defnetly works as described.

First time i put a protector on my BB out of all of em ive had and i regret. Awesome stuff here
    11-27-09 12:59 AM
    I got the same skin from BSE on my 9700. Its good quality and defnetly works as described.

First time i put a protector on my BB out of all of em ive had and i regret. Awesome stuff here
    any chance can you post some pics of it? did you put all the pieces on or did you leave the "leather" back piece off?
    11-27-09 01:36 AM
    See post http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/bes...3/#post4181448 I posted front and back pictures. I applied the skin yesterday.
    11-27-09 06:22 AM
    Does the skin cover the keyspad as well and is there an option not to cover up the back leather piece?
    11-27-09 11:15 AM
    Does the skin cover the keyspad as well and is there an option not to cover up the back leather piece?

the skin doenst cover the actual keys but there are pieces that will go over the 4 main keys (the send, end, BB, and Back)

also yes its optional to cover the leather part, there are 2 pieces for the back a U shaped one for the black parts and then a bigger piece that covers the leather part.
    11-28-09 03:49 PM
    I just finished installing my BSE on my 9700, and all i can say is wow, for $4.99 i feel like i stole it. I had a Zagg IS on my Bold 900 and the material seems to be the same but thats where the similarities end. with my Zagg one i bought it at bestbuy and it included the solution with a sponge and it just isnt the best. for the BSE today i used an old empty eyeglass cleaner spray bottle and put some of the mixture in that.

The biggest difference that i found between this skin and the Zagg one was how detailed the pieces are, instead of a bunch of rectangles like the IS was for the 9000, this skin had very precise cut ours to fit the phone, yes it makes it harder to get the pieces in place perfectly and takes more time but its well worth it in the end.

I opted to not put on the piece that covers the leather back as well as the 4 pieces for the keys on the front, just didn't think it needed the protection on those parts. every piece except for one fit exactly perfect, the only piece that was a bit off was the U shaped piece for the battery cover. the botton of the U seems to be a hair too long, so the corners where the slits are cut bubble up and dont stay dowon very well, however there is a quick and easy (better application) fix to this problem, you cut the U shape into 3 pieces, cut thru the slits to make it into 3 pieces and then you have to trip about half a mm off each end of the bottom of the U piece. then install it as 3 separate pieces, i found this was much easier to install and now there is no chance of bubbles at the corners and it actually fits better and covers more, no gaps at the corners now. it should have been dont like this from the factory.

I will post some pictures later tonight, I also used a hairdryer on it so i plan on installing the battery later tonight, as I still want to give it a few hours to dry out completely although i think its good to go right now

overall it took me about 1.5 hours to put the skin on completely, but someone with more experience could do it in less than an hour. I was also taking breaks to watch some college football lol, and when it comes to this kind of stuff i have a little OCD so it had to be done perfectly. my tip for anyone doing this is to cut the back piece to fit better like i said above, and to take your time, even if it takes 2-3 hours to do its well worth it in the end
    11-28-09 03:58 PM
    I installed the entire BSE on my 9700. Its great but the only problem I found was that the corners of the skin were sort of sharp and made the phone less comfortable to hold. It was very rubbery. But the main issue that convinced me to remove it and just leave the screen piece on is there was a lot of dust collecting on the sides of the skin. But if you only leave it in your holster and want the ultimate protection then BSE has the best deal around. I never drop or put down my phone so I don't really need the skin. I just got it because it was cheap. For 4.99 its worth it for just the screen piece.
    11-28-09 03:59 PM
    I got my BSE on Saturday and decided to put it on yesterday.

I knew I needed patience, and I went slowly, taking my time.

The screen protector went on nicely, and covers the beveled edges of the screen well without sticking up to catch anything. The skins for the buttons on either side of the trackpad when on without a hitch.

The curved pieces, well, let's just say that BSE needs to rethink their design. The ONLY piece that fit well on the curved part was the thin strip that fits along the battery cover. It was cut in the bottom corners so that it fit very nicely around the curves. The rest of the pieces were not cut this way, so they really do not fit well. You press down one spot and get it to stick, and another spot lifts up. Repeat this endlessly. I did everything the instructions said to: waited 15-30 mins and then pressed down for 30s seconds with my fingers. It didn't matter, there was always a spot that just would NOT stay down.

On a phone that is in and out of purses, pockets, holsters, whatever, this is a problem. You just can't have a spot that sticks up because it becomes a dirt magnet.

The final straw for me was when I was working on the backside of the phone and a piece that I had finally gotten pressed down on the front of the phone popped back up and got stuck to the paper towel I had under the phone (to catch any errant drips from the soapy water). The sticky side of the skin adhered to the paper towel and when I pulled it off, it was covered in lint. Which meant I would have to look at that for the whole time it was on the phone (I could not remove the skin to clean it up at this point, this was one of those I had already waited 30 minutes to stick down). At the point I just said "screw it" and ripped everything off except the screen protector and the ones on the buttons around the trackpad. After about 5 minutes of using the trackpad and feeling the edges of the skins on the buttons, I'd had enough of that, too, and pulled them off as well. I don't think the skins would be as noticeable on a phone with a trackball since your thumb is resting that much higher than the keys, but on this phone I felt the edges of the skin every single time I moved my thumb on the trackpad. Very annoying.

Anyway, that was my experience with BSE. I should have just gotten the screen protector, which is great, but at least I only paid $5. Obviously, others have had better (and worse) experiences, so YMMV.
    11-30-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD