I'm curious, has anyone noticed that from time to time when you take your device out of your case, it may act weird? For example, it might lockup, or something similar?

I wonder if sometimes when you take it out of the case if it is not 'fully awoke', thus the screen freezes or the device simply hangs for a moment.

What do you think?
    09-09-11 07:29 PM
    I lock my phone before I put it in my holster.
    The moment I take it out its unlock and it's on...
    Dunno if this is new. On my old storm I lock it, take it out of the holster and it's still lock.
    09-09-11 08:09 PM
    ...curious, do you have a password of sorts on your device? [I do]

Or when you say 'lock', you mean you press the button on the top of the BlackBerry?
    09-09-11 08:13 PM
    Yes the OEM holster has many many issues. I had customers came back with their phones due to screen damage and keys falling off thanks to OEM holster being too tight.

In addition, when putting in the case, the holster touches the screen and press ALT+CAPS cause the back button to function as the app switcher. If this happens to you, you should click on the lock button twice to get out of the error. I posted about this issue many many times on crackberry.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    09-09-11 08:17 PM
    mss-ca, thanks for the info, sorry I missed it the first time.

Curious, I noticed in Kevin's video review of the case, he placed his device with the screen facing out. Looks weird to do it this way, hence I have my screen in.

So, is screen out the better option to thus avoid the ALT+CAPS?

Also, I was having an issue with Sixtools, the shortcuts would stop working. And I'm now wondering if this was because the case was 'locking' the device, per se'...

Interesting...
    09-09-11 08:20 PM
    Just the lock on the top....same on the storm.
    09-09-11 08:22 PM
    mss-ca, thanks for the info, sorry I missed it the first time.

Curious, I noticed in Kevin's video review of the case, he placed his device with the screen facing out. Looks weird to do it this way, hence I have my screen in.

So, is screen out the better option to thus avoid the ALT+CAPS?

Also, I was having an issue with Sixtools, the shortcuts would stop working. And I'm now wondering if this was because the case was 'locking' the device, per se'...

Interesting...
    manny745i is right. Lock the phone before place it in the OEM holster. But this won't solve the issues like keys falling off. Even of you place the phone in different ways. I always place the phone with the screen facing off. Finally I decided to go with OtterBox Defender which has its own issues anyway.

I think, the best option to avoid screen damage or keyboard damage is to squeeze the OEM holster from the wide sides several times, while the phone is not in there. This makes bit more room in the OEM holster otherwise will be hugging tightly on both sides of the phone. This works for one of my friends. He press hard on both sides several times and now the phone goes in there without any problems. The tightness of the holster is one reason why these issues come out.

If you get your screen damaged or keys come off from the keyboard thanks to this OEM holster, call your service provider or even RIM and give them ****. The holster is a disaster IMO.

EDIT: make sure all of your keys and the touch pad in the middle are leveled. If one of the keys are raised, then exchanged it ASAP.
    manny745i likes this.
    09-09-11 08:40 PM
    I was using the bb pouch that came with the phone and had major problems answering calls I think because the fit was so tight. I went to the local o2 store and bought the oem leather pouch and couldn't believe the difference the fit was a little looser and I'm able to answer calls now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 05:23 AM
    That's what I do. I squeeze the holster on their sides and then slide in the phone. I have been doin that since my storm days.
    09-10-11 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD