Hey all,
    I thought it'd be fun to see all the various cases people are getting for the 9900. I know the selection is limited right now, so hopefully this list grows.

Here's mine, just the OEM softshell in black. Nothing fancy, but it fits well (as an OEM should) and grip is nice. Unfortunately (or fortunately) covers up the nice stainless steel frame, so it protects but hides some of the beauty.

Cheap-o screen protector from eBay, not the greatest fit with the odd cutout at the top right corner. But it will do until more quality ones come out.

Hoping to see leather-like (like Vaja but without the Vaja prices) covers come out in the future. The soft-shell from RIM is nice, but its definitely more utilitarian than luxurious, so you lose the high-end feel of the naked 9900 in a trade-off for protection for sure.
    08-15-11 08:40 AM
    That OEM case looks nice. I will be re-using my 9650 leather pouch for it with some cheap screen protectors off amazon when I finally get my 9930. I want to be able to charge it on the charging dock with it in a case and Im not sure if any cases let you do that at this point.
    08-15-11 08:48 AM
    I'm not sure but I believe the Incipio feathers will leave the bottom exposed, but not sure if it will fit in the charging pod.

Wolfroid, rixbb and totallygone like this.
    08-15-11 08:50 AM
    where could i buy these incipio covers for my 9900 ??
    08-15-11 09:34 AM
    Not in stock anywhere I've seen. Not even up on Incipio's website. The pic is from puremobile.ca
    08-15-11 09:38 AM
    Anyone get a holster with theirs?
    08-15-11 09:39 AM
    Anyone get a holster with theirs?
    Yeah I got one with my Rogers 9900. Looks pretty nice, but I don't use a holster.

Pretty sure its this one:

BlackBerry Leather Swivel Holster for Bold 9900/9930 - Black (ACC38855101/ACC-38855-101) - CrackBerry Canada

08-15-11 09:54 AM
    I believe the NA ones come with a holster and the other parts of the world are getting Pouches ..

here is a pic of the Holster

it's a smooth leather.. not alligator skin texture like the post above
    08-15-11 10:01 AM
    Would a cover on the back interfere with the NFC?
    08-15-11 10:04 AM
    I believe the NA ones come with a holster and the other parts of the world are getting Pouches ..

here is a pic of the Holster

it's a smooth leather.. not alligator skin texture like the post above
    i use the holster all the time!!
    08-15-11 10:05 AM
    The case I received was similar to the quality of the case that came with the old 9000. The case you have pictured (with red stitch on side) is similar to the cases that were available for the Torch. The quality was terrible..I went through 3 cases in a year with my Torch.

Time will tell on the case that came with the Bold 9900...am hopeful tho!

Worst case, crackberry store is my friend! haha
    08-15-11 10:05 AM
    Well I just submitted my order thru Verizon adding no additional accessories, so I'll find out what all I get sometime tomorrow.
    08-15-11 10:06 AM
    i bought an otterbox. im glad i did because i left it on the roof of my car and drove home from work...4 miles. the rubber exposed edges of the case kept it from sliding right of the back. i was literally in the spot i put it when i got out hoping it was still there.....thanks otterbox.
    09-24-11 06:56 AM
    I purchased a case from TMobile (where my 9900 came from) and had to end up returning it. Found out the bottom part of the case covers up the microphone on the phone and callers said I sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher. lol The Incipio case looks like it doesn't cover that much of the bottom front of the phone so may try that when I can find it.
    09-24-11 08:04 AM
    VZW holster isn't impressive, but I generally prefer the iGrip holder which I adapt to a belt clip (for my last Tour and previous Moto) and use in my car with iGrip mount. Waiting on iGrip holder to come out now.

Not much protection, but easy access & functional.
    09-24-11 08:21 AM
    I got mine from Ebay India for $7 of some company named Moshi.... Turns out quality aint bad and at par with CASE MATE Barely There case I had for my 9700! Although I am scared that my baby might get scratches so planning to get a soft gel case!
    09-24-11 10:04 AM
    That OEM case looks nice. I will be re-using my 9650 leather pouch for it with some cheap screen protectors off amazon when I finally get my 9930. I want to be able to charge it on the charging dock with it in a case and Im not sure if any cases let you do that at this point.
    See my thread here on the issue.
    09-24-11 11:09 AM
    I'm using the oem hardshell case with a screen protector. No problems at all, especially no scratches on my bezel. The 9930 is the first phone that I really like the feel of naked but I get too nervous without a case. This case adds protection and sacrifices none of the thin size of being naked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 11:38 AM
    I have an unused Case-mate barely there case for the 99xx that I no longer need. If anyone needs it for a cheaper price than amazon, just pm me ^^
    09-24-11 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD