I just bought a OEM Blackberry 8900 holster and I am having problems with it. If I put it in a little it will go to sleep, but if I push it all the way down it wakes up and stays awake. I have set it to lock when in holster. Someone told me that the holster needs to "break in" before it will work properly.

Is it the issue with the holster itself? I am thinking of returning it but before I do I wanted to know from you guys.

Thanks
    11-05-09 08:26 PM
    I just bought a OEM Blackberry 8900 holster and I am having problems with it. If I put it in a little it will go to sleep, but if I push it all the way down it wakes up and stays awake. I have set it to lock when in holster. Someone told me that the holster needs to "break in" before it will work properly.

Is it the issue with the holster itself? I am thinking of returning it but before I do I wanted to know from you guys.

Thanks
    Leather needs to be stretched out a bit by use.

There should be a magnet in the case which controls the sleep function. It appears that your magnet is working ok. Sounds like the tight leather might be pressing on a key and keeping your Berry awake.
    11-05-09 08:34 PM

Thanks
    If you search around, you will find that this is a known issue and RIM is aware of it. I would suggest a third party case.
    11-05-09 08:47 PM
    hmm..I c so should I return it back?

If you search around, you will find that this is a known issue and RIM is aware of it. I would suggest a third party case.
    11-05-09 09:08 PM
    hmm..I c so should I return it back?
    I would say yes. I purchased a nice OEM BB pouch on eBay for $8.00 that has the sleeper magnet and a belt clip and it has worked great since day one.
    11-05-09 09:14 PM
    Thanks for the link..I just purchased it...how long did it take for u to recieve the item?

I would say yes. I purchased a nice OEM BB pouch on eBay for $8.00 that has the sleeper magnet and a belt clip and it has worked great since day one.
    Last edited by ninety5teg; 11-05-09 at 10:17 PM.
    11-05-09 09:55 PM
    Thanks for the link..I just pruchased it...how long did it take for u to recieve the item?
    About a week and a half.
    11-05-09 10:06 PM
    I have a similar problem with my new BB8900 in 2 different BB pouches: an old one (vertical) for BB8820 and a new one (horizontal) which is supposed to work for both 8900 and 9500.
    It's hard to believe that it has anything to do with tightness, since the BB8820 case is a loose fit for the 8900, and the 8820 locks fine in it. However, the 8820 is very hard to get into the 9500 case, even though it's about the same size as a 9500, and also doesn't lock in it.
    11-19-09 02:56 PM
    I have a similar problem with my new BB8900 in 2 different BB pouches: an old one (vertical) for BB8820 and a new one (horizontal) which is supposed to work for both 8900 and 9500.
    It's hard to believe that it has anything to do with tightness, since the BB8820 case is a loose fit for the 8900, and the 8820 locks fine in it. However, the 8820 is very hard to get into the 9500 case, even though it's about the same size as a 9500, and also doesn't lock in it.
    Might be hard to believe but that's the results we found.
    11-19-09 04:18 PM
    Yup. If you notice, the case actually hits down the left (i think) alt key, that slowly drains battery also. its too bad really. Its a nice case.
    11-19-09 06:02 PM
    I haven't used the holster since day one. Got the gel case, and I just keep it on lock when in mt pocket. I only use the leather hollster when I go somewhere nice..... To look classy! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD