I ordered $60 worth of accessories from them Feb 10 and have not received my order as of today Mar 8. They failed to answer my emails, calls to Hong Kong, and claim the order got lost in the mail and will not refund my money.

If that is not the most BOGUS BS I've ever heard, I don't know what is. Here are the emails that transpired between Steve Chan and myself. For all I know, they pocketed my money and sent out an empty package for tracking number purposes.

I've never dealt with such poor customer service and irresponsibility by blaming the CUSTOMER for alleged USPS misplaced items.

Henry

Sorry, but we cannot refund or resend any orders that have been delayed or
    lost in the mail until it is confirmed by the postal service. *You are free
    to request your chargeback with AMEX, however please be advised that it is
    written on the website that we cannot be held responsible for any items lost
    in the mail. *Only items sent by EMS or FedEx are insured.

Steve Chan

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 9:52 AM
    To: Cellular Nationwide Network
    Subject: Re: Enquiry from Cellular Nationwide Network

Steve,

Since my last email on March 3rd, I have not heard back from you. *I *
    don't know how you guys are running your business but timely response *
    is NOT 4 days. *Are you going to refund my money ASAP or shall I go *
    out of my way to post on every board I know the horrendous customer *
    service, get amex to refund my money, and contact the better business *
    bureau. *At the end of the day, it will make an impact on your *
    business as much of it seems to be from recommendations on the forums.

I expect to response within 4 hours as it is already business hours in *
    HK.

henry

On Mar 3, 2009, at 9:12 PM, Henry Chung wrote:

Steve,

I appreciate the response back however it's unacceptable to not have *
    anyone answer emails(last one sent Feb27), live chats, OR phones. *I *
    called the number during business hours and it was a recording. *I *
    call international and get a recording?!?!? *I'm not sure how the *
    business is being run, but being 'busy' is not a legitimate reason *
    for poor customer service.

I no longer want to wait for a full investigation to be completed as *
    the items could have been stolen or just plain loss in transit. *You *
    have the option of Fedexing my order next day at your cost OR *
    refunding my money completely. *If you decide not to do so, I'll *
    just have AMEX refund me my money and it will become a black mark on *
    you as a vendor.

I've been patient and waiting for an order for 21 days is *
    ridiculous. *I expect a timely response.

Regards,

henry

On Mar 3, 2009, at 8:50 PM, Cellular Nationwide Network wrote:

Hello Henry

Your package is held up in the States somewhere. *One of our *customers got
    an answer from USPS (many other packages are stuck too), and it *seems the packages are stuck in US customs limbo somewhere. *Don't know what *
    or why the holdup is yet. *A full investigation has been initiated in regards to this matter.

As far as emails, we only received this one from you. *We are a *little busy
    at the moment, so nobody is tending to the live help right now.

Steve Chan

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 11:45 AM
    To: Cellular Nationwide Network
    Subject: Enquiry from Cellular Nationwide Network

I have not received my items from my order on Feb 10. I have sent *
    emails and have not heard back.

I have also waited for over an hour to talk to someone online with no
    answer.

Order Number: 101315

Where is my order!

Henry
    03-09-09 02:42 AM
    I ordered a black case and new black trackball from cnn.cn and with regular shipping it did take a bit longer than the 7-10 business days but it did show up. It does take awhile when ordering from over seas but I do think that a month is pushing it. I just ordered the G1 trackball and black rings for my 8330 hope I don't see a delay.

Also, they sent me emails confirming processing and shipping with the tracking numbers and links, did they email you such updates?
    03-09-09 07:57 AM
    OP, perhaps it's the fact that you spoke to them like an entitled asshat?

You CHOSE to order from them knowing they are in Hong Kong and there could be customs issues. At least anyone with a modicum of common sense would think there could be a delay with international delivery. Then you start emailing them in a hostile tone. Gee. I wonder why they aren't pissing themselves to assist you. I wouldn't.
    03-09-09 08:52 AM
    geee sorry to hear of your situation. hope the stuff you paid for turn up soon. in another thread, steve from cnn.cn had asked me to email him regarding my enquiry on bulk purchases which i already did like a week ago. till now I haven't heard from him. he must have been too busy...hopefully for all the right reasons.
    03-09-09 09:05 AM
    Maybe this is a company that is experiencing growing pains. I have heard such great things about this biz. I ordered my black trackball from truesupplier. I paid a little more but they throw in some "free tools" (T5 screwdriver and opening tool). Shipping is also from Hong Kong and took about 12 days. I don't understand why there is not a reliable biz based in the US for our parts. I have seen some feeble attempts but nothing to crow about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 10:38 AM
    OP, perhaps it's the fact that you spoke to them like an entitled asshat?

You CHOSE to order from them knowing they are in Hong Kong and there could be customs issues. At least anyone with a modicum of common sense would think there could be a delay with international delivery. Then you start emailing them in a hostile tone. Gee. I wonder why they aren't pissing themselves to assist you. I wouldn't.
    You know, I'm really tired of those that post things like "its to be expected' or how we're ******** at the company. I order from HongKong all the time via eBay and have never had a package take more than 2 weeks to get to me. Ever. I, too, placed an order with CNN.cn on 2/8/09 and have not received it to date.
    I understand that these could be held up in customs, but it could also be lost forever and how would I know the difference? When you ship an item, the responsibility is yours to make sure that your customer is satisfied. To simply state that 'an investigation has been initiated' (same line I received) does not give me any indication of how much longer I will have to wait and what I am waiting for (a replacement? a refund? nothing?).
    Sorry, but the way they have handled this lot of delays is deplorable. And if that makes me an asshat, then feel free to put your bum on my head too.
    03-09-09 12:06 PM
    Hmm another unhappy cnn.cn customer.

03-09-09 12:11 PM
    I just ordered bunch of stuff from them yesterday! Great!

03-09-09 12:18 PM
    You know, I'm really tired of those that post things like "its to be expected' or how we're ******** at the company. I order from HongKong all the time via eBay and have never had a package take more than 2 weeks to get to me. Ever. I, too, placed an order with CNN.cn on 2/8/09 and have not received it to date.
    I understand that these could be held up in customs, but it could also be lost forever and how would I know the difference? When you ship an item, the responsibility is yours to make sure that your customer is satisfied. To simply state that 'an investigation has been initiated' (same line I received) does not give me any indication of how much longer I will have to wait and what I am waiting for (a replacement? a refund? nothing?).
    Sorry, but the way they have handled this lot of delays is deplorable. And if that makes me an asshat, then feel free to put your bum on my head too.
    I never said the delay was not a cause for concern though, and I would imagine that you have communicated with the company in a respectful manner. The OP, on the other hand, has not and so no, I don't feel badly that he isn't getting the immediate answer he is demanding because he is behaving like a tool.

Could CNN.CN have handled it better? Definately. But has the OP even tried to contact customs? Doesn't sound like it, and I work in a business that ships and know that once it gets bogged down with customs, it's out of everyones hands at that point. Behaving like a petulant child to the store doesn't fix the US Customs issues, he should be focusing his ire there.
    03-09-09 03:40 PM
    But has the OP even tried to contact customs? Doesn't sound like it, and I work in a business that ships and know that once it gets bogged down with customs, it's out of everyones hands at that point. Behaving like a petulant child to the store doesn't fix the US Customs issues, he should be focusing his ire there.
    Exactly, demanding a refund from Cnn because his package is held up in customs doesn't seem right to me. Cnn held up their end and shipped the what the customer paid for, why should they have to refund money for a customs delay?

I've ordered from Cnn 15+ times. Ive always received my order, sometimes in just over a week, sometimes its taken over 2 weeks, and I will continue to order from them.
    03-09-09 04:03 PM
    I ordered about $60 worth of items on Feb. 5th. The tracking showed that it left the Hong Kong shipping center on Feb 11th. I generally have a lot of patience, but when it comes to waiting for orders in the mail I get anxious... except in this case. I knew from the start that package is coming from Hong Kong and things can happen. Not to mention I have ordered from cnn many times and they have never failed to deliver.

I waited until last week to email cnn.cn about the issue. I got a quick reply stating that the package was in the USA and being held up by customs. So I decided to wait a little longer. Sure enough patience paid off... my post office tried to deliver the package today! I will get it tomorrow on the second delivery since I was out, but still the package made it.

The OP's package is going to arrive in a matter of days.
    03-09-09 05:47 PM
    I ordered a new Curve shell from Cnn and never received it. The USPS took responsibility for it and refunded my $50. I won't order anything from Cnn again just because its so far away and has a good chance of either getting lost or taking too long to get here.

03-10-09 05:47 AM
    I have ordered from them a few times, the shipping delays can be a pain, but my items have always arrived.
    03-10-09 09:35 PM
    I agree with OCBF - I've ordered from CNN.cn a few times, all with good success. They do take a while sometimes, and the USPS can be horrendous....but they aren't a bad or dishonest operation. Personally, though, I've switched to ordering my housings and replacements on eBay - the prices are normally lower.
    03-11-09 11:43 AM
    yay...finally got an email reply from Steve. Thanks dude.
    03-11-09 12:07 PM
    why can we complain against them if the service in not proper
    03-12-09 10:40 AM
    i order and is all right
    03-16-09 12:09 AM
    I experienced few shipping problem for my items bought on ebay shipped via USPS, but its okay when i use EMS
    but anyway.. for this case the seller should assist you to retrieve your items...
    thanx for the alert..
    03-16-09 01:59 PM
    Steve from CNN.cn

The OP got his parts already as of the 10th of March, I'm pretty sure he now knows what I was originally telling him was NOT BS.

In regards to the previous poster, we have no control over USPS. We can't call them and demand they find the parts, everything is handled like a government process.

First you have to contact Hong Kong Post to initiate an investigation. Then you have to fill out a paper form for each and every package you wish tone enquire about. We filled out in excess of 250+ forms that one day alone, BY HAND. Then they tell you the process can take up to 3 months to complete, and then the standard "there's nothing we can do about it".

We all wish we live in a perfect world, where shipping is instantaneous and cheap, and tracking is accurate and precise. But please remember, we're talking about the airmail postal service here...they handle thousands, if not tens of thousands of parcels and letter mail every day. Stuff like this is bound to happen. Trying to find stuff is even worse, "trying to find a needle in a haystack", if you will. Everything is a trade off, and this is one of the risks you must take into mind when you choose the cheapest form of shipping.

I do not like this situation any more than any one else who had their packages delayed. But if you put yourself in our shoes, what would YOU do? Do you send out another package hoping the customer sends the duplicate one back? Do you refund the order hoping the customer gives you back the money after they receive it?

If anyone else figures out a better way to ship things cheaply, I'm all ears.

</end rant>

Steve Chan
    Cellular Accessories - Alcatel, Accessories Store, Dopod/O2, Panasonic, BenQ-Siemens, Nokia, 3G, BlackB
    03-16-09 10:19 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that you had problems receiving your parts from this company, but I can tell you as someone who orders things from Hong Kong ALL the time, the shipping time's are really unreliable.
    I live in Canada, and sometime item's i've ordered take 2 weeks to get to me, another took almost 2 months, and just when I was in the process of filling a charge back, I received the item.
    03-18-09 06:19 AM
    even if cnn.cn had've been completely at fault, OP will never get anywhere with emails like that. a little respect goes a long way when you want something.

I've ordered from cnn numerous times in the past, and will continue to do so. most of my packages have arrived within 2 weeks, one or two have taken a little longer. be patient and dont assume everyone else is out to rip you off. Or pop for the faster shipping.
    03-19-09 03:42 PM
    Forgot to post the other day, but I received my trackball and black ring with no issues. Cnn.cn is 2/2 and will continue to do business with them. Always keep in mind that when you order overseas without using UPS or FedEx, it is gonna take some time. Every country is different on how they process their post, not to mention the time items are held up in customs.
    03-21-09 12:50 PM
    I can't believe the OP didn't come back and apologize in the 15 or so threads he started warning people not to buy from cnn.cn.

I got my order today and now my Bold is completely unbranded.
    03-21-09 08:10 PM
    I ordered from cnn.cn once and had to cancel my order. They replied to my email quickly and refunded my money.

03-23-09 05:12 PM
    i just got my trackball from cnn.cn today. Took about 3 weeks; i expected that though. Works great!

i recommend cnn.cn

03-23-09 05:18 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD