I just bought a Blackberry Torch because it looks like the 9100 isn't coming to AT&T anytime soon. I still go by the local bestbuy and talk to the sales lady about if she has any info on if and when the 9100 will be for sale ( i had to show her pictures on the internet of the phone, she had never heard of it before) I stop by there today and on the shelve of cases there was a new shipment of silicon cases for the new Pearl 9100! I showed her the case and she went and got the manager of the phone area and they can't figure out why they would have the case for a phone that isn't even for sale yet! He said he would call someone and see if the reason the bought the cases is because the 9100 is coming really soon and they wanted to have cases ready when the phone gets here. They didn't have any cases or any accessories for the torch when it went on sale and they figured they loss alot of sales on extras.

I hope it comes soon, i still have 20 days in which i can take back the torch.....
    if it doesn't, i'll keep the torch i guess, it is a very good phone but, i really wanted something small but with the function of a blackberry.
    09-15-10 05:58 PM
    wow! 47 views and no comments?
    09-15-10 09:11 PM
    Most probably can't figure out why you'd go from a Torch to a Pearl...
    09-15-10 09:15 PM
    Did you take any pics of the 9100 cases?
    09-15-10 09:23 PM
    Lots of people like myself had a Pearl for their first Blackberry... so they want
    to have the new Pearl.
    09-15-10 09:26 PM
    I'd love to have a 9100. The 8120 was a great phone.
    09-15-10 10:07 PM
    How "9100 Specific" is the case? Are there any other phones that it might fit? Was it Blackberry branded?

I'm just hoping that the tose cases weren't the result of the Best Buy manager ordering the wrong thing, or a case maker adding another item to the lsit of phones the case will fit.
    09-15-10 11:42 PM
    yeah, the case was for the 9100 and it was blackberry branded. As to why i want a pearl over the torch....its very small and i can use it with one hand only and i still have all the function of a modern blackberry. I like the torch just fine, it just doesn't fit what i want in a phone. Now i might not like the pearl once i see it in my hand and the torch is pretty cool now that i have used it awhile. It doesn't matter which phone is better on paper...it matters which phone is better for the way each person uses it. I have a Bold 9000 and i love it, it is just to big to carry with me during a normal day. I'll try to stop by the best buy and take some pics of the case.
    Last edited by Buckoni; 09-16-10 at 11:29 AM.
    09-16-10 11:18 AM
    I would take a pearl over a torch any day.... and over again, and again.
    09-16-10 12:06 PM
    yeah, i have a 8120 and i love it except for the fact that it is so slow and the screen rez is so low. i love using suretype and i am really fast when typing on it. I like that when a get a message that i can just pull it from my pocket and fire off a reply and stick it back in my pocket! I have a Motorola Tundra that i use when working outside or riding my bike, it has been through many okie thunder storms and has fallen out of my pocket at 60 mph and still works great. The tundra just doen't have the function of my BB!
    09-16-10 12:46 PM
    I just bought a Blackberry Torch because it looks like the 9100 isn't coming to AT&T anytime soon. I still go by the local bestbuy and talk to the sales lady about if she has any info on if and when the 9100 will be for sale ( i had to show her pictures on the internet of the phone, she had never heard of it before)
    The carriers all seem to make a habit of keeping their sales-bots in the dark regarding new phones. You can generally get better information through your local newspaper regarding upcoming phones than you can get from your carrier's reps.

I stop by there today and on the shelve of cases there was a new shipment of silicon cases for the new Pearl 9100! I showed her the case and she went and got the manager of the phone area and they can't figure out why they would have the case for a phone that isn't even for sale yet! He said he would call someone and see if the reason the bought the cases is because the 9100 is coming really soon and they wanted to have cases ready when the phone gets here.
    FWIW I just checked the Best Buy website and was not able to find that case. Of course there are plenty of things that Best Buy can get into their stores that are not available online, and when new things are coming down the pipe sometimes they intentionally avoid releasing it on the website until after a certain time.

And of course, if you search Best Buy's Canadian website you get quite a few matches for "blackberry 9100" so they could have come down those distribution channels as well. Either way it will be interesting to see what comes of that.
    09-16-10 02:18 PM
    As soon as i can get into town, probably tomorrow after work, i'll take some pics and post them here. I imagine that it is just a fluke and that the store just ordered some cases for all BB models and the pearl case was with them. They also have BB branded cases for a BB that i never heard of before so i'll take some pics of that case too.
    09-16-10 04:22 PM
    Well it looks like the pearl is on for Oct 3, which is the last day of my 30 days to keep the torch! That sucks! i guess i'll run by the bestbuy and see if i can work a deal to trade my torch in for the pearl early.
    09-17-10 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD