Anybody out there have a windshield mount that they like and works good? I dont think there are that many to begin with, but just thought I'd ask for those that have any...
    12-11-09 05:47 PM
    Anybody out there have a windshield mount that they like and works good? I dont think there are that many to begin with, but just thought I'd ask for those that have any...
    This is by fare the best:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=BxpOabhb

I myself am getting this one:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=1_X6uVmB
    12-11-09 06:24 PM
    thanks for the post...do you know if the clips leave any marks on the phone overtime? like a holster could?
    12-21-09 05:15 PM
    the suction is horrible on the windshield mount. I'm going to try pasting the round disk to the window to see if it helps but as for the suction alone... BEWARE! I don't think you'll appreciate your S2 tumbling to the floor of your car without any protection because of a weak product.

Plus, the plastic cradle that holds the phone is very flimsy and cheap
    12-21-09 08:53 PM
    So given the posts above, is there any good windshield mount (With good suction) out there?
    02-05-10 06:13 AM
    I have this one and have been very pleased with it,
    Amazon.com: Arkon Windshield Dash and Console Mount for BlackBerry Storm (Black): Cell Phones & Service

Suction is strong, you could swing from this thing. How well it works for you will be dependent on your vehicle and where you want it. I mount it in the very top left corner behind the tint strip. That way it doesn't obstruct my view and is out of sight of thieves.
    However, since it's short, you won't be able to mount it low if your car's windshield is really sloped.

Here it is in the vehicle

Last edited by pltaylor; 02-05-10 at 06:39 AM.
    02-05-10 06:27 AM
    Eh, just wedge it under the wiper blade! :-P
    02-05-10 06:52 AM
    I also got mine off of amazon, but it was only like $7. it wasn't even made for the storm, or any blackberry. Just a generic one. But when I searched for 9550 windshield mount it was like $15, and the exact same one was in the related items area for only $7, listed under htc or samsung something or other. Works great too, has never fallen once. Just remember to moisten the suction cup before mounting. Amazon.com: Unviersal Car Windshield Mount Holder for Apple Iphone Smartphone, Ipod Touch By Ikross: Cell Phones & Service
    Last edited by ccstorm1894; 02-05-10 at 07:51 AM. Reason: add link
    02-05-10 07:49 AM
    ^^^I don't like those because they have a tendency to activate the side convenience keys. Also the one I use has the little suction lever that really makes it solid. Has yet to fall in 4 months.
    02-05-10 10:13 AM
    02-05-10 10:52 AM
    ^^^I don't like those because they have a tendency to activate the side convenience keys. Also the one I use has the little suction lever that really makes it solid. Has yet to fall in 4 months.
    thanks everyone for your responsed. I think im gonna go with the one you selected, pltaylor, but do you know if it will fit the Storm2? It appears from your pic that you have the Storm1.
    02-05-10 03:12 PM
    Anyone know if the S1 mounts can be used on the S2? I like the Arkon Travelmount but says its for the S1.
    04-08-10 05:43 PM
    thanks everyone for your responsed. I think im gonna go with the one you selected, pltaylor, but do you know if it will fit the Storm2? It appears from your pic that you have the Storm1.
    Just started searching for one. I can't believe how small the selection is! Doesn't some company make one that works for $50? I just don't want to buy a $5 peice of plastic that's just gonna fall off. Pltaylors looked awesome but its listed for a storm 1 and i dont think the clip works the same.
    06-22-10 08:32 AM
    I have this one and have been very pleased with it,
    Amazon.com: Arkon Windshield Dash and Console Mount for BlackBerry Storm (Black): Cell Phones & Service

Suction is strong, you could swing from this thing. How well it works for you will be dependent on your vehicle and where you want it. I mount it in the very top left corner behind the tint strip. That way it doesn't obstruct my view and is out of sight of thieves.
    However, since it's short, you won't be able to mount it low if your car's windshield is really sloped.

Here it is in the vehicle

I really like this mount but I can't tell it fits the S2 or not - How does your phone sit in there?
    06-22-10 10:20 AM
    I use this. Pretty versatile for any device and can be easily moved from car to car.

Amazon.com: Arkon Universal Mini Grip Windshield with Dashboard…
    06-22-10 01:21 PM
    Bump for whether or not that windshield mount will work for the S2 as I really like it.

The longer necks I have found don't prove themselves to be sufficient either they shake too much or fall off over time. The ones with less of a Neck you can pretty much hang from
    06-24-10 06:48 AM
    Bump for whether or not that windshield mount will work for the S2 as I really like it.

The longer necks I have found don't prove themselves to be sufficient either they shake too much or fall off over time. The ones with less of a Neck you can pretty much hang from
    Word is, its a little loose but apparently works. I'm looking into proclip. Might as well do it right the first time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 07:37 AM
    Word is, its a little loose but apparently works. I'm looking into proclip. Might as well do it right the first time

Got linky for Proclip? I agree first time should be the one time. Don't want to buy a bunch of mounts for nothing
    06-24-10 08:26 AM
    Got linky for Proclip? I agree first time should be the one time. Don't want to buy a bunch of mounts for nothing
    ProclipUsa.com

06-24-10 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD