Hi, Was wondering what people think would be the best slim case to have that would keep out dust and still allow the storm 2 to be kept in a pocket without adding too much bulk. Thanks
    11-21-09 12:41 PM
    I'm not sure about the dust part but I'm waiting for the incipio feather for 9550.
    11-21-09 12:44 PM
    Thanks, I'll check it out.
    11-21-09 12:47 PM
    I keep checking their site but nothing yet.
    11-21-09 01:09 PM
    I purchased a case from digimobile from ebay. I should receive it today or Monday. I'll post pics of it when I get it.
    11-21-09 01:12 PM
    probably the otterbox commuter or impact case
    11-21-09 01:19 PM
    I keep checking their site but nothing yet.
    They told me 2 weeks ago it would be out in 2 or 3 weeks. SO that puts it this week I hope.
    11-21-09 01:39 PM
    I am using the otterbox commuter and really like it. The only issue I had was that with the screen protector on the bottom buttons were almost impossible to push. I saw in another thread that it was resolved by taking protector off. Took it off no problems at all, and it fits well in the pocket.
    11-21-09 02:14 PM
    I bought the Platinum Series case at Best Buy today, comes with a holster that puts the screen to sleep when you put the case in the holster, so far am very impressed, and it will be easy to take off to use w/the desktop charger.
    11-21-09 03:18 PM
    I initially had some button issues with the commuter but after a day or so everything smoothed out and worked fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 03:27 PM
    i purchased a case as well from digimobile on ebay.

GREEN BLACK HARD SKIN CASE COVER for BLACKBERRY STORM 2 - eBay (item 280418070898 end time Dec-01-09 22:56:27 PST)

over all i like it, its kind of a gripy type rubber feel to it, and over all fits good. there is alittle play where the black and green parts fit together by the lock/power key, but other then that no problems with buttons sticking or anything.
    11-21-09 03:48 PM
    I bought the Platinum Series case at Best Buy today, comes with a holster that puts the screen to sleep when you put the case in the holster, so far am very impressed, and it will be easy to take off to use w/the desktop charger.
    i got this case yesterday and i really like it
    11-21-09 03:52 PM
    is this the same one that is available at verizon? Black clip on with ridges. slides into the plastic holster. Puts the phone to sleep when in the holster. Could you please post some pictures?
    11-21-09 04:04 PM
    any pics or link?
    11-21-09 04:18 PM
    is this the same one that is available at verizon? Black clip on with ridges. slides into the plastic holster. Puts the phone to sleep when in the holster. Could you please post some pictures?
    no its not like that one. cant post pics but if you go into the cb store and look up the seidio innocase 2 i believe it is, for the storm 1 it looks exactly like that.
    11-21-09 05:32 PM
    here looks exactly like this and comes with a belt clip

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Y3Za97EZ
    11-21-09 05:37 PM
    i purchased a case as well from digimobile on ebay.

GREEN BLACK HARD SKIN CASE COVER for BLACKBERRY STORM 2 - eBay (item 280418070898 end time Dec-01-09 22:56:27 PST)

over all i like it, its kind of a gripy type rubber feel to it, and over all fits good. there is alittle play where the black and green parts fit together by the lock/power key, but other then that no problems with buttons sticking or anything.

easy in and out of your pocket? or does the rubber keep it stuck in the pocket?
    11-21-09 06:30 PM
    Here are 3 photos of the Platinum Series Case from Best Buy, sorry for crappy quality, took them w/the built in camera on my MacBook.
    11-22-09 06:46 AM
    Here are 3 photos of the Platinum Series Case from Best Buy, sorry for crappy quality, took them w/the built in camera on my MacBook.
    is that hard plastic or silicone? Looks nice.
    11-22-09 07:47 AM
    sena slim case is horrible...cheap feeling pleather and almost impossible to get it n or out...sent it back
    11-22-09 07:55 AM
    is that hard plastic or silicone? Looks nice.
    It is hard plastic, but has a rubbery texture to it so it is easily gripped. It is a 2 piece case, split about 85%/15%, the bottom slides off to allow you to easily slide the phone out.
    11-22-09 08:27 AM
    That is a nice case kes601. Looks pretty slim and no nonsense. The rubbery texture is ideal. Does this come with a screen protector? I might just go pick it up for my storm.
    11-22-09 08:35 AM
    I don't know about the name of platinum series cases, but I just picked one up at best buy just right now for my storm 2. Man...very pricey. $40 bucks. But here is what I think of the case for the $40 bucks...

- Nice rubberized coating - this is very important to me for grip and texture.
    - Thin - not clunky, and the case has smooth lines with nothing wierd sticking out here or there to prevent it from slipping it into a pocket. Not overly thickening like the otterbox.
    - The case comes in two parts and is similar to the Seidio Innocases/ Incase sliders - I like that there are no wierd clips keeping the bottom part of the case in place - deters from potentially scratching the back of the phone.
    - The holster can be better quality, but it is firm and very hard plastic. The clip of the holster is very streamlined and low profile, and doesn't protrude out the back of the case, nor does it swing around easily.
    - The case covers the top and bottoms of the phone. I am not sure why the incipio feather weight is so popular. It essentially just protects the back of the phone, and not the front at all. You can't even set down the phone on the front because there is no lip preventing the screen from hitting the face of any rough surface or table.
    - The holster is ideal for me because it covers the face of my phone when I need to throw it in my backpack with my various other nicknacks.
    - Downside is that there is no screen protector and the cut outs for the buttons are squarish and not custom to the buttons.

I can post pictures of the case and phone together when I get home, but after reading all the reviews of differnet cases and looking at pictures online and basically wasting all my time browsing instead of studying hahaha I think this pricey case is for me.
    11-22-09 12:56 PM
    That is a nice case kes601. Looks pretty slim and no nonsense. The rubbery texture is ideal. Does this come with a screen protector? I might just go pick it up for my storm.
    No screen protector, I had already put one on though and it still fits perfectly fine with the other one on It is $40, but I think worth every penny in my mind.
    11-22-09 01:19 PM
    i bought the verizon branded plastic case with holster. The case covers the back and sides, Not bad. It slides in and out of the holster easily. Only $29.99 less 25% discount(vip). Not bad.
    11-22-09 04:45 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD