can anyone recommend the best screen protector and/or case for the bb 9700?
    04-11-10 06:51 PM
    I went with a otterbox commuter case, enough protection without adding the bulk. I'm happy with it.
    04-11-10 06:55 PM
    Second the Otterbox Commuter. I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 07:29 PM
    Ive used Otter and Seidio, and wanted a change. Bought the Incipio Silicrylic and am very pleased with it.
    04-11-10 07:37 PM
    Can't go wrong with the Otterbox Commuter.
    04-11-10 07:57 PM
    bestskinsever's screencover is cheap and works great. it looks ugly when it first goes on but wait about a week and it will smooth out and looks like you don't have anything on there.
    04-11-10 08:14 PM
    i have an epik resin case and screen protector from degasis.net and its great
    04-11-10 08:19 PM
    Otterbox commuter case, couldn't be happier with it. Also use an Ishieldz screen protector, happy with that too.
    04-11-10 08:30 PM
    Had an Otterbox Defender, didn't like the bulk and stuff getting trapped under the built in keyboard/screen protector. Sold it and bought the Otterbox Impact and much happier, alot less bulk while still being protected and can see more of the phone. The Commuter looked good too, I just went with this one mainly because of it being $10 on Amazon.
    04-12-10 11:22 AM
    bestskinsever's screencover is cheap and works great. it looks ugly when it first goes on but wait about a week and it will smooth out and looks like you don't have anything on there.
    +1 BSE is the best
    04-12-10 11:30 AM
    I have both the Otterbox Commuter case and the Epik resin case. Both cases are quite good and offer nice protection for the device, but I am leaning towards the Otterbox as of late. One point though, the Otterbox will not work with the OEM holster (will not fully close) shipped with the device while the Epik case does (but it's a tight fit).

For screen protectors I have purchased off of dcmugen on Ebay and have been very happy with the quality and price (though shipping can take a while). If you go the Otterbox route, they include one with the case.
    Last edited by shawnOST; 04-12-10 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Clarification
    04-12-10 11:41 AM
    had commuter, switched to epik resin red series. Ive tried em all, and epik resin is by far the best, not bulky or anything. Otterbox is not bad at all, but too bulky for my liking.

As for screen protector go with clarivue...theirs are really good, and price isnt bad wither. 10 bucks for 2 which are re-usable
    04-12-10 01:49 PM
    currently, i'm using the JAVOedge ultra-clear JAVOscreen protector and a Seidio Innocase II Surface in Black. Its been my favorite combination so far.

The innocase provides a great amount of grip and easier to handle. The JAVOedge screen protector fits perfectly and doesn't take away from the display at all. I have my brightness set to 10 and everything is still viewable.

javoedge - JAVOedge - JAVOScreen - 2.0 Ultra-Clear Screen Protector for BlackBerry (RIM) Bold 9700

seidio - Innocase II Surface, Black
    04-12-10 01:54 PM
    i just bought the hybrid tough case from case-mate.com 2 layers of protection and comfortable grip on the entire phone. plus came with a heavy duty screen protector.

Mix & Match - Customize Your BlackBerry Bold 9700 Hybrid Tough Case With Multiple Colors by Case-mate
    04-12-10 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD