Not sure about the Seido case, but I know for sure the Otterbox Commuter is a pain to take off.

The Otterbox has 2 pieces: the first piece is a soft, silicone type case, then you put the hard plastic case over that. Its a really tight fit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply. I heard the same thing regarding the Otterbox. The Commuter for the 9700 was easy to put on and take off, so I inintially thought the Commuter for the 9900 would be more of the same. But most reviews I've read said the the case for the 9900 was the opposite. I'm almost leaning towards the Seidio Active which seems more reminiscent to the Commuter for the 9700. But another thing I've read about the Active case is the opening for the headphone jack protrudes out a little far where an angled earphone plug will be difficult to plug into. If these are true for both cases, there doesn't seem to be a clear cut choice.
    04-06-12 08:01 AM
    Im using a defender case from otterbox and just placed an order for Trident Case Kraken II series.
    04-06-12 01:22 PM
    i am using the black double layer protection case from melkco it make my 9900 well protected and feels great + it dose not add more size to it
    Last edited by avoator01; 04-06-12 at 02:02 PM. Reason: spilling
    04-06-12 01:51 PM
    I originally got an otterbox impact. It was easy to remove and replace, but it didn't fit very well and it was difficult to get the phone in and out of my pocket so I switched to an otterbox commuter. It's much less bulky and easier get the phone into and out of my pocket, but that case is a real PITA to take off. If I had to do a battery pull often, I would ditch it.
    04-06-12 02:40 PM
    I have the Seidio Active, the Casemate Pop, Otterbox Impact and the Commuter. Imop, the Commuter (with the Seidio Active holster) is the best case/holster combo hands down. It's a bit tough to get off at first, but there is a learned technique that makes it very simple.

The Seidio case has flimsy sides, the Otterbox Impact is garbage and the Casemate doesn't have a compatible holster (although I modified a Torch 9850 Otterbox Defender holster to work).

So for me, until something new comes around, it's the Commuter/Active holster.
    04-06-12 02:59 PM
    I am keeping my Commuter but I think its just a tiny bit misleading to say the Commuter is easy to put on, even with some practice.
    04-08-12 02:28 AM
80 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD