o yea, anyone know if the OEM cases on ebay are legit? prices are 11-14$. like this one BLACK ORIGINAL OEM BlackBerry Hard Shell Case for BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 | eBay
    03-09-12 12:04 PM
    yes i got mine on ebay and it is perfect
    cw0974 likes this.
    03-09-12 12:44 PM
    Sellers would be taking a serious risk if they advertised an OEM product that wasn't actually an OEM product. There are policies in place to prevent buyers from getting screwed and procedures to follow if you get a product that wasn't what was advertised from the seller.

JB
    cw0974 likes this.
    03-09-12 01:12 PM
    03-09-12 06:09 PM
    The OEM cases look great but they are flimbsy and don't protect your bezel.
    03-09-12 11:23 PM
    I'm using the SEIDIO Active holster with the Commuter case, fits perfectly.

How do you guys carry though? I am getting my new 9930 tomorrow and I want to keep it looking good. I bought an Otterbox defender for my 9560 but since the 9930 is more elegant, I'd like more access to it. Do you guys carry in pocket, purse, bag? I'd like a holster but the Otterbox commuter doesn't seem to come with a holster.

I like the OEM leather holster but it is on backorder.
    03-10-12 06:15 AM
    I have always carried my BB's naked in the OEM pocket pouch until I had an incident a few weeks back that made me realize I need more protection if I was to drop my phone. It doesn't happen very often, but the results can be potentially devastating. I chose the Otter Box Commuter case for two reasons. 1. excellent protection from accidental drops, and 2. port covers to keep keep dust, lint, etc. out of micro usb and headphone jack. It does add a little bit of bulk, but to me that's a small price to pay for piece of mind.
    03-10-12 07:06 AM
    Wondering if you guys could recommend a case that could be used with the OEM holster that came with the 9900? I almost always use the holster. Checked out the store a noticed the hard case and 9000 holster combo - unfortunately sold out.

Any suggestions/solutions?
    03-12-12 10:11 AM
    A case that would fit the 9900's OEM holster that would be hard. Like you've said a hardcase and a 9000 holster combo is working out fine.
    03-12-12 10:14 AM
    I doubt there is a case that would fit in the OEM holster that came with the 9900. The 9900 fits in there pretty snug without a case on it, so imagine how it would be with a case on it.

JB
    Golf-Guy likes this.
    03-12-12 10:20 AM
    I doubt there is a case that would fit in the OEM holster that came with the 9900. The 9900 fits in there pretty snug without a case on it, so imagine how it would be with a case on it.

JB
    yeah, pretty much. The 9900 case fits the phone like a glove.

I tried putting my phone with the Case Mate Barely Thereon it in the holster and it fits......just really tight. It would take a little muscle to get in and out lol
    03-12-12 10:23 AM
    Yeah, and that's one of the thinner cases on the market. Anything more than that, and you won't be able to get it in or out.

JB
    03-12-12 10:33 AM
    I use the Casemate Barely There case and totally love it. The Bold 9900 is manufactured slim for a reason :P

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-12-12 10:49 AM
    That's why I use the Commuter Otterbox. It keeps the slim form factor relatively in tact while providing the protection I'm after

JB
    03-12-12 10:58 AM
    That's why I use the Commuter Otterbox. It keeps the slim form factor relatively in tact while providing the protection I'm after

JB

I agree. The Commuter offers the best protection without adding much bulk.

But for me, it covered the phone TOO much. Mine started to look like any other blackberry. I love the metal band around the 9930 so I wanted it exposed

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-12-12 11:00 AM
    I like the metal band that's why i'd favor a OEM black softshell or a hardshell.
    They both are very slim and they look good too! The Commuter is great at protection though.
    But since i wanted to keep everything original as possible i gave the Commuter away to a friend.
    03-12-12 11:03 AM
    I put the POP! On my phone today and I love it. No more fighting the Commuter to get the phone in and out.

The button extensions work much nicer than they did on the Commuter which supprised me because the buttons on the Commuter were the best ones I have used until now. The case is a tad less bulky too.

My only gripe is the hard-shell part of the case is shiny and will start to show scratches in the near future like my OEM BlackBerry case did.

I have some Pacmyer press-on grip tape so I'm gonna put some of that on the back.

I give the Commuter an 7/10 and the POP! Gets a 9/10.

BlackBerry 9900
    Last edited by olblueyez; 03-12-12 at 07:49 PM.
    03-12-12 07:47 PM
    I put the POP! On my phone today and I love it. No more fighting the Commuter to get the phone in and out.

The button extensions work much nicer than they did on the Commuter which supprised me because the buttons on the Commuter were the best ones I have used until now. The case is a tad less bulky too.

My only gripe is the hard-shell part of the case is shiny and will start to show scratches in the near future like my OEM BlackBerry case did.

I have some Pacmyer press-on grip tape so I'm gonna put some of that on the back.

I give the Commuter an 7/10 and the POP! Gets a 9/10.

BlackBerry 9900
    Have you found a holster that fits the Pop? I'm about to modify my old Torch 9850 holster a bit to make it fit, but if you have found a good holster, let me know!
    04-04-12 10:13 AM
    Don't use one my Friend.

jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-05-12 06:30 AM
    "Don't use one my Friend."

Learned from past experience: USE A CASE! One little tiny scratch and I'm upset! When I take my phone (and Playbook) out of the case, it's showroom perfect.
    04-05-12 07:28 AM
    "Don't use one my Friend."

Learned from past experience: USE A CASE! One little tiny scratch and I'm upset! When I take my phone (and Playbook) out of the case, it's showroom perfect.

Mine has a case, and a Steinheils screen protector, and hangs around my neck. I used my 9000 the same way and its still pristine today.

I use the neck strap because I have ADHD and my short term memory is damaged. Without the neck strap I would have lost the 9900 a few days after I purchased it.

Anyone who wants to know where to get the Secret Neck Strap can shoot me a PM.
    jamesharmeling and gianilac like this.
    04-05-12 07:52 AM
    Between the Seidio Active and the Otterbox Commuter, which has a less slippery case and is easy to take the case on and off?
    04-05-12 11:01 PM
    Between the Seidio Active and the Otterbox Commuter, which has a less slippery case and is easy to take the case on and off?

Not sure about the Seido case, but I know for sure the Otterbox Commuter is a pain to take off.

The Otterbox has 2 pieces: the first piece is a soft, silicone type case, then you put the hard plastic case over that. Its a really tight fit.

04-05-12 11:09 PM
    Just got the OEM hardcase and I'm really liking it. Has a bit of a lip when you are trying to type but its not too bad. Sucks though that it doesn't fit in the OEM leather pouch.

The texture on the back is really nice and I like the rubber like feel of the sides. Wish its was a tad bit stickier for a better grip.

Best thing is that the buttons still work perfectly!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-05-12 11:16 PM
    Not sure about the Seido case, but I know for sure the Otterbox Commuter is a pain to take off.

The Otterbox has 2 pieces: the first piece is a soft, silicone type case, then you put the hard plastic case over that. Its a really tight fit.

Thanks for the reply. I heard the same thing regarding the Otterbox. The Commuter for the 9700 was easy to put on and take off, so I inintially thought the Commuter for the 9900 would be more of the same. But most reviews I've read said the the case for the 9900 was the opposite. I'm almost leaning towards the Seidio Active which seems more reminiscent to the Commuter for the 9700. But another thing I've read about the Active case is the opening for the headphone jack protrudes out a little far where an angled earphone plug will be difficult to plug into. If these are true for both cases, there doesn't seem to be a clear cut choice.
    04-06-12 08:00 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD