The Seido holster for the 9530 will work with the 9550BUT it give you no protection in respect to a case.

They have not released the holster for their case/ holster package for the 9550 yet.

Trust me if you like the 9550 and like your devices to look brand spanking new then get the Otterbox defender.
    I got my NEW 9550 and waited to take it out of the house until I got my Otterbox case.
    Not 2 hours later dropped my 9550 getting out of my car, and not a scratch or any damage to it...

Realized just how needed protection this case is!
    It adds a little bulk to it but its not like some cases that the bulk is hard in the hand or ugly.
    11-26-09 07:56 AM
    My $.02 is that I had an 8830 WE and the original Blackberry holster with swivel clip was falling apart. Someone suggested the Smartphone Experts holster (sold on Crackberry, $24.95), so I bought it and found it to be very well made, it fit the phone perfectly and came in a number of really sharp color combos. I now have the Storm2 (8830 will be up on eBay soon) and bought the SPE case designed for that phone. I'm very happy with it. A bit tight-fitting at first but the magnet works perfectly, case has a distinctive look and it's very rugged.
    11-26-09 08:39 AM
    I'm not so worried about protection right now b/c the IS really does protect my phone really well. I've gone on both my S1 and my previous phone (Voyager / 8830) with just an IS and a holster, and I've never had any major issues even through the drops.

I'll check out the S1 holster and let you guys know what I find.
    I'm pretty sure one of my friends has one lying around.
    11-27-09 01:56 AM
    I have the Seidio Spring clip holster. It worked with my Storm 1 and works just as perfect with my Storm 2. I'd recommend it to anyone.
    I second this, I had the otterbox defender with holster for my original 9530 how ever the 9550 did not seem to fit in it. But with that being said I went ahead and got the spring holster from seidio and have loved every moment with it. Also fits well under turnout gear/bunkers as I am a volly firefighter. I carry this with me on all calls ems to mva to fires. Has yet to fail me. The verizon oem clip was a horrible expierence and since then I refuse to use it. 6 broken tabs and 2 broken phones due to that. I have simply lost hope in the oem style holsters.

Best of luck shopping for a holster/case. Please remember... You do really get what you pay for.

Good luck
    Brendan
    11-27-09 02:34 AM
    I am looking for a good holster that will stay secure through rough times. I have a otterbox commuter on it. I need a holster that won't come unclipped and drop the phone.
    12-15-10 03:24 AM
    do not get the otterbox defender i have one and whenever bumped it would fall out of the holster,, i just got the seidio standard holster with spring clip on top of the phone but i would recomend the seidio innocase 2 with the locking holster. but be prepared to spend some cash
    12-15-10 05:14 AM
    Case-Mate Blackberry Storm2 9550 Carbon Fiber Signature Leather Case & Holster Combo (Case-Mate CM010126), BlackBerry Storm2 9550 Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories in Premium Leather

try this link from case-mate.com , i have been using one of these for the past 3 years and they are great. very durable and the clip will fit most sun visors for ease of reach while in your vehicle. and the price is $9.99 . i paid $40 for the first two i used on a curve . I have had the leather signature version but i messed up the leather using a different holster for work. So i bought this carbon fiber version and it is tough. a word of caution it is kinda slick. this is close to the vzw version but this one has the clip mounted higher so it does not flip sideways like the vzw one does. good luck
    12-15-10 10:19 AM
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550 OS 5.0.0.1015~ WITHOUT A SINGLE ISSUE!!!!!
    lmao... you're the only one in the universe who got Bedside mode to work?

OP: OEM holster work well
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-15-10 at 10:50 AM.
    12-15-10 10:47 AM
    I have been using the Verizon holster. I like it because it:
    1) has a a texture for good grip
    2) is easy to do a real battery pull
    3) is not bulky

The only thing I don't like about it is that it does not protect the top corners of the phone. I've broken the clip on it so it keeps popping off my belt. I like the case-mate though it looks a bit bulky and the website says there is no "sleep mode" so I assume it doesn't have the magnet built in??
    12-15-10 11:50 AM
    lmao... you're the only one in the universe who got Bedside mode to work?

OP: OEM holster work well
    Well of course I got bedside mode to work. I read the forums before asking. And just because a lot of people have issues doesn't mean I have to. Yes I have seen the black bar when playing music. Whoop dee doo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 06:36 PM
    I have been using the Verizon holster. I like it because it:
    1) has a a texture for good grip
    2) is easy to do a real battery pull
    3) is not bulky

The only thing I don't like about it is that it does not protect the top corners of the phone. I've broken the clip on it so it keeps popping off my belt. I like the case-mate though it looks a bit bulky and the website says there is no "sleep mode" so I assume it doesn't have the magnet built in??
    Seidio holster is a great buy. You can find it here in the crackberry store. Good price

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 06:38 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD