My new storm2 will arrive Friday. I'm looking for suggestions on the best holster for it.

Thanks,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 01:50 PM
    Personally, I'm holding out for the Seidio one they haven't released an official version yet as far as I know.

Right now, I have an OEM VZW one, and its not great, but it gets the job done for me.
    11-25-09 01:51 PM
    Heard alot of good stuffs from people who use Otterbox. Don't have one myself but thinking about getting one
    11-25-09 02:05 PM
    I recommend the Rugged Case from Nite Ize: Product Detail

11-25-09 02:08 PM
    I have the leather clip on case made for the World Edition i got it for 7.98 + 2.50 or so on Amazon it's fantastic it works great and cheap to!
    11-25-09 02:57 PM
    Just picked up the platinum series at best buy. Its worth a look.

11-25-09 03:40 PM
    Otterbox Defender with holster.
    You can drop it and not see any issues.
    I have had one on my Storm1 and now Storm2...

Major reason I got a Storm2 is because there probably not going to make a Otterbox for the Droid.
    Thank good
    11-25-09 03:52 PM
    bought the platnium case and it is a nice fit and feel. Depends what you want the case to do for you. I personally want to get the otterbox because the platnium case won't provide as much protection for a comparable price to a defender.

11-25-09 04:07 PM
    I use the leather half case and clip from Verizon. I also have an Zagg on it. Seems to fit really well.
    11-25-09 04:12 PM
    Well I have the commuter case from otterbox works great for me but it doesn't come with a holster. Its a silicone and shell case you put together.

11-25-09 04:24 PM
    Personally, I'm holding out for the Seidio one they haven't released an official version yet as far as I know.

Right now, I have an OEM VZW one, and its not great, but it gets the job done for me.
    Here you go:
    http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-holster/4A24A4889.htm?utm_source=GoogleProducts&utm_medium =shopping_engine&utm_campaign=GoogleProducts
    11-25-09 04:28 PM
    I have the Shell/Holster Combo case at the Verizon store made for the 9550. It has sturdy clip, good size magnet, offers protection everywhere except for the screen. It is easy to slip the phone out of the shell in case you need to do a battery pull or get to the media card. I also looked at the same style case which was made of leather and chrome but the clip had a lot of looseness to it and saw a report of the magnet being weak. In holster standby is very key in my opinion. The VZW holster lists for $29.

I had the Otterbox Defender for my Curve and it was a great case but adds a lot of bulk to the phone. With the Otterbox, I never used the membrane shield as I didn't like the feel on the keys and it distorted the camera image.
    11-25-09 05:45 PM
    This one is great. A few of the others mentioned are awesome too. Personal preference.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=XgWNxMdl
    11-25-09 06:00 PM
    I have the Seidio Spring clip holster. It worked with my Storm 1 and works just as perfect with my Storm 2. I'd recommend it to anyone.
    11-25-09 06:02 PM
    I use the blackberry brand leather case w/ the swivel belt clip...
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=eC3Qu3Xp
    11-25-09 06:07 PM
    I'm thrilled with the leather pocket holster. It's soooooo much nicer than the one that came with my Curve back in the day. I always carry my phone in my pocket, though.

11-25-09 07:27 PM
    Platinum series case rocks.
    11-25-09 08:49 PM
    Case Logic horizontal holster at Wally World, less than $17. The phone fits w/ the skin on.
    11-25-09 09:03 PM
    I have (3) cases.

1) Half case w/ Holster from verizon

2) Body Glove form verizon (nice protection, hard as he!! to get off)

3) Regular sideways leather case (Naked Berry, with screen protector)

I am waiting for the OtterBox. I could order it and wait for it it to arrive, which I might do (Hope CrackBerry still has special price on it), or wait for the stores to get it here and just pick one up (cost more there than here on CB, but I get it the same day. Could be up to 2 weeks before arrival in stores here.)

I love the OtterBox due to all the protection it offers.

I do have an OtterBox for the Storm 1 (if anyone is interested, fairly cheap, PM me).

Now to actually answer your question "Best Holster for 9550." That really is up to... you! What are your needs?

Do you want mostly protection? OtterBox

Do you want easy access? Leather case, Half case w/holster, BB branded holster, all with screen protector.

Do you want just a cover? Body Glove, Hard plastic cover, Gel cover, all with screen protector.

It all depends on what you are looking for in a case.

msblueline

Last edited by msblueline; 11-25-09 at 09:49 PM.
    11-25-09 09:47 PM
    EDIT Meant to quote Ristunutzz above on the Platinum Series case END EDIT - Agreed! And, unlike my Innocase II for my Storm1, the case and bolster are designed so when you insert the case into the holster and the case "clips" securely in place it does not scratch or even touch the top of my Storm2.

Last edited by TundraDome; 11-25-09 at 10:25 PM.
    11-25-09 10:22 PM
    I am actually using my Storm1 clip from Best Buy - used it all week and not a single scratch and fits well...best of all it was free
    11-25-09 10:27 PM
    You know its funny, I saw this, but then when I looked for one on the official site its not there.

seidioonline.com

It looks like the one on Crackberry is the original Storm Holster and it supposedly fits the S2 as well. I haven't heard anyone that has it for the S2 for certain, and I don't want to try it without getting word from the actual manufacturer.

In this thread, they seemed to say it would be out soon:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/se...rm-2-a-368015/

Hello All,

Thank you for your interest in our products! We will have the release time line for the Storm II 9550 accessories soon. Once it is available, Crackberry members will be the first ones to know!
    I might give in and try it anyway b/c I'm hurting with the Verizon one ...
    11-25-09 10:28 PM
    Platinum Series - Case for BlackBerry 9630 Mobile Phones - Black - BDC29SB

Saw this at best buy, I know that version is for the Tour but there is one for the 9550, I saw it today. I would of bought it but it wasn't worth spending the amount of time in line just to buy a case. Lines were LONG and my guess, at least 30 minutes.
    But it looks pretty nice.
    11-25-09 10:38 PM
    I recommend the Rugged Case from Nite Ize: Product Detail

Does that case fit a Storm 2 with the Commuter case on it??
    11-25-09 10:39 PM
    You know its funny, I saw this, but then when I looked for one on the official site its not there.

seidioonline.com

It looks like the one on Crackberry is the original Storm Holster and it supposedly fits the S2 as well. I haven't heard anyone that has it for the S2 for certain, and I don't want to try it without getting word from the actual manufacturer.

In this thread, they seemed to say it would be out soon:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/se...rm-2-a-368015/

I might give in and try it anyway b/c I'm hurting with the Verizon one ...
    Actually on the first page of this thread Kill3r.Conc3ptz indicates he/she has this holster from his/her Storm 1 and that it works perfectly on the Storm 2.

Having said that, I'm also holding out for Seidio and I've been waiting for their "official" spring holster. If they don't come out with something soon I might just bite the bullet and buy the S1 spring clip holster. I'm actually a bit frustrated at how long it's taking them to support this phone.
    11-26-09 07:25 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD