My stock headset broke and I'm in the market for a new one. What can you guys recommend or what are you using? My budget is $50 and under. I would prefer an IEM (in-ear monitor) with a microphone. All I've come across so far is the NuForce NE-7M, which is highly regarded for the iPhone.

Amazon.com: NuForce NE-7M Stereo Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible): Electronics

Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance.
    05-05-09 10:30 PM
    I hope others will chime in on this thread. I can't use the ones that come with the phone because that style never fits my ears. I have to use the ear buds and a different size in each ear!
    05-06-09 01:12 PM
    Hey fyb87, I posted on a headphone forum (the equivalent of Crackberry for audiophiles) and I decided to go with the NuForce NE-7M. They get high praise on their forums.

Here's a link if you want more information:

Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Goodluck.
    05-11-09 12:42 PM
    I have the NuForce NE-7M and they are my favorite wired headset so far.

1. It comes with 3 different ear size. (I had a hard time deciding which one really fit the best, ended up using the smallest.) They don't fall out all that easily. Well my dog will jump up on me sometimes when we're walking and yank them out of my ears Ouch.

2. The chord is just the right length for putting in the pocket and the plug is at a right angle so the width of you blackberry doesn't increase by much. The chord is somewhat "rigid". From what I can tell it helps from spending 30 minutes untangling and needing to untie knots this set is virtually tangle and knot free.

3. The amount of music that these headphones reproduce rivals headphones that cost twice as much. (Yes that's my opinion, but I've tried Altec Lansing head set, Body Glove Headset and the OEM's that come with the Storm.) If you have the ear buds inserted properly with the proper fitting ear plugs you will actually hear bass in your music as compared to other 50 dollar and below in ear head phones. My over the ear sennheisers are great but in the summertime too hot.

4. Chord noise. I have some skull candy in ear head phones, and I can hear my self walk, every time the chord touches something I can hear it. The Nu-Force headset has this but its not as obnoxious as the Skull Candy headphones. With your music at level 2 it's almost non existent. I can hear it mainly if the music is off and I'm walking around. With the music on it's faint to nonexistent at louder levels.

5. The bass does become a little muffled at the highest volume. However, I no longer need to use the highest volume setting with this headset since it reproduces such great sound at lower levels.

6. Did I mention they sound great. Yeah, but I thought it was worth to mention it again.

7. There is a pause button on them. I use that when people walk up and want to chat. That's all it does though. Your Blackberry should pause music during a call. Also to listen to music uninterrupted you can set your sounds to Phone only and the music won't pause every time you get an email or txt.

8. I get sad when I forget to bring them with me to work and I have to use some crappy headphones.

9. I've used them to make some calls. It seems to work. The people tell me I sound fine and they sound fine to me. Haven't had any complaints of background noise. However when I was walking my dog on a busy street they could hear all the traffic.

10. They are passive in sound isolation. You can carry on a convo with them on, but you will have to turn your music off or down. Having these have helped drowned out people on the Train up to DC. Business class folks feel more important if they are yelling at people on their cell phones, this helps drown them out.
    05-11-09 01:44 PM
    Thanks for the review cadsystems . I just ordered mine yesterday and I can't wait to try them out. I read you can't beat the price for the quality you get. I heard they're "$50 earphones that sound like $150 earphones."
    05-11-09 04:48 PM
    Thanks jfLip and cadsystems. I will be picking these up!
    05-12-09 08:45 AM
    I have a pair of the Bose in-ear ones, and despite the lack of a mic, I love em.

I would buy another pair, and I think I might end up with some of these.
    05-12-09 03:40 PM
    Did you get your headset yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 07:42 AM
    I'm sad now. My nu-force buds got washed. I'm letting them dry out. Preliminary testing shows left bud is much lower volume than right bud.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 01:36 PM
    Why not the Buetooth Motorola S9HD? you can find it brand new for 30 or 40$ on ebay, I bought mine there and the sound is crazy with in ear bud...
    05-25-09 10:52 PM
    After thoroughly drying out, both head buds have returned back to normal volume. All I can say is they survived one washing. The ear buds are really clean now. I wouldn't recommend to wash them in this way.
    05-26-09 07:47 AM
    Why not the Buetooth Motorola S9HD? you can find it brand new for 30 or 40$ on ebay, I bought mine there and the sound is crazy with in ear bud...
    I'm not 100% sure about this but I looked into that one, and my main issue would probably have to be portability. It's fine if you're wearing it, but where to put it once you get to the destination. It looks like it doesn't fold and you would need some sort of big cargo pants like pockets to carry them around with.
    05-26-09 12:10 PM
    I have the NuForce NE-7M and they are my favorite wired headset so far.

1. It comes with 3 different ear size. (I had a hard time deciding which one really fit the best, ended up using the smallest.) They don't fall out all that easily. Well my dog will jump up on me sometimes when we're walking and yank them out of my ears Ouch.

2. The chord is just the right length for putting in the pocket and the plug is at a right angle so the width of you blackberry doesn't increase by much. The chord is somewhat "rigid". From what I can tell it helps from spending 30 minutes untangling and needing to untie knots this set is virtually tangle and knot free.

3. The amount of music that these headphones reproduce rivals headphones that cost twice as much. (Yes that's my opinion, but I've tried Altec Lansing head set, Body Glove Headset and the OEM's that come with the Storm.) If you have the ear buds inserted properly with the proper fitting ear plugs you will actually hear bass in your music as compared to other 50 dollar and below in ear head phones. My over the ear sennheisers are great but in the summertime too hot.

4. Chord noise. I have some skull candy in ear head phones, and I can hear my self walk, every time the chord touches something I can hear it. The Nu-Force headset has this but its not as obnoxious as the Skull Candy headphones. With your music at level 2 it's almost non existent. I can hear it mainly if the music is off and I'm walking around. With the music on it's faint to nonexistent at louder levels.

5. The bass does become a little muffled at the highest volume. However, I no longer need to use the highest volume setting with this headset since it reproduces such great sound at lower levels.

6. Did I mention they sound great. Yeah, but I thought it was worth to mention it again.

7. There is a pause button on them. I use that when people walk up and want to chat. That's all it does though. Your Blackberry should pause music during a call. Also to listen to music uninterrupted you can set your sounds to Phone only and the music won't pause every time you get an email or txt.

8. I get sad when I forget to bring them with me to work and I have to use some crappy headphones.

9. I've used them to make some calls. It seems to work. The people tell me I sound fine and they sound fine to me. Haven't had any complaints of background noise. However when I was walking my dog on a busy street they could hear all the traffic.

10. They are passive in sound isolation. You can carry on a convo with them on, but you will have to turn your music off or down. Having these have helped drowned out people on the Train up to DC. Business class folks feel more important if they are yelling at people on their cell phones, this helps drown them out.
    Thanks fo the tips. I'm about to buy this one
    05-27-09 08:23 AM
    This is an old thread and i don't mean to bring it back alive but I'm wondering where would be the cheapest place to pick up this headset?
    08-06-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD