I went from an Otterbox to the GRT, and it is overall far superior
    I'm looking into getting a Noreve case next. I know it's not a "hard case", but if anyone has any experience with it, I'd be glad to know.
    You're in Vancouver too, right? I know you can Otterbox and Case-Mate anywhere here, but I hadn't even heard of AGF until these Forums after I got my Torch.
    From where did you order the AGF GRT? (Catchy name� )

I have 1 friend on here who tried the GRT and said the opposite of others, that after a few days it gave his Torch major wobble if it was removed. Love to hear your take on that too, since you're removing it sometimes.

I haven't heard of Noreve, but I'll look that up now too.

By the way, I haven't used it yet, but one of the best websites I've found for Canadians is GoCellular.ca cell phone accessory shop / mobile phone, wireless & cellular accessories. Check it out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Masahiro likes this.
    11-18-10 04:34 AM
    You're in Vancouver too, right? I know you can Otterbox and Case-Mate anywhere here, but I hadn't even heard of AGF until these Forums after I got my Torch.
    From where did you order the AGF GRT? (Catchy name� )

I have 1 friend on here who tried the GRT and said the opposite of others, that after a few days it gave his Torch major wobble if it was removed. Love to hear your take on that too, since you're removing it sometimes.

I haven't heard of Noreve, but I'll look that up now too.

By the way, I haven't used it yet, but one of the best websites I've found for Canadians is GoCellular.ca cell phone accessory shop / mobile phone, wireless & cellular accessories. Check it out!

I bought the AGF off a fellow here on the forums. I haven't even found the Otterbox Commuter anywhere here (that had to be ordered online as well).

My Torch feels the exact same after removing the case... I'm not sure why it would cause the wiggle. I think I just broke the case trying to remove it a different way though: The rail on the side has...derailed. I'll have to force it back into place somehow.

Thanks for the link though!
    11-18-10 02:54 PM
    I got a $4 case from ebay (I ordered it because I liked the color) and it's rocking my face off. It dropped yesterday about four feet onto the concrete floor in my gym and nothing happened.

Definitely going to order the black one just to be able to change up the color. Find it here
    kraski likes this.
    11-18-10 03:07 PM
    I bought the AGF off a fellow here on the forums. I haven't even found the Otterbox Commuter anywhere here (that had to be ordered online as well).

My Torch feels the exact same after removing the case... I'm not sure why it would cause the wiggle. I think I just broke the case trying to remove it a different way though: The rail on the side has...derailed. I'll have to force it back into place somehow.

Thanks for the link though!
    No probs!

You can find Otterbox at Wireless Wave, Future Shop, BestBuy, and Telus stores. They wont all have Commuter, but I know I've seen it at some.
    Same for Case-Mate. Those same chains have it and most have the Torch Barely There case.
    Future Shop and BestBuy have started getting Incipio now too, which is cool to see. It's trickling in, so check online first for store availability.
    But still no Seidio anywhere!

PS Just curious, where in Vancouver are you? I live in the Steveston area of Richmond and work Downtown closer to the West End.
    11-18-10 06:40 PM
    I got a $4 case from ebay (I ordered it because I liked the color) and it's rocking my face off. It dropped yesterday about four feet onto the concrete floor in my gym and nothing happened.

Definitely going to order the black one just to be able to change up the color. Find it here
    Wow, great find Terita! From the looks of it, it's free shipping to Canada and USA too. If it is, it's worth the $4 to see if it's good. (How do they make money?!?)

Not sure if you're familiar with other brands, but is it the same "soft-touch" texture as Seidio Innocase, Case-Mate Barely There, etc?

Which colour do you have?
    11-18-10 06:43 PM
    No probs!

You can find Otterbox at Wireless Wave, Future Shop, BestBuy, and Telus stores. They wont all have Commuter, but I know I've seen it at some.
    Same for Case-Mate. Those same chains have it and most have the Torch Barely There case.
    Future Shop and BestBuy have started getting Incipio now too, which is cool to see. It's trickling in, so check online first for store availability.
    But still no Seidio anywhere!

PS Just curious, where in Vancouver are you? I live in the Steveston area of Richmond and work Downtown closer to the West End.
    I'm from South Burnaby. It's good to see Otterboxes and other cases here, but we still have nothing compared to what can be found online or in the States. :/ Seidio products are almost non-existant... In fact, now that you mention it, I'm not sure if I've ever seen an Innocase here before, nevermind one that isn't grossly overpriced.

11-18-10 07:08 PM
    Wow, great find Terita! From the looks of it, it's free shipping to Canada and USA too. If it is, it's worth the $4 to see if it's good. (How do they make money?!?)

Not sure if you're familiar with other brands, but is it the same "soft-touch" texture as Seidio Innocase, Case-Mate Barely There, etc?

Which colour do you have?

It feels like the seidio innocase to me. not exactly the same, but close. I got it in purple...see the attached pics.

Elite1 likes this.
    11-18-10 07:42 PM
    It's good to see Otterboxes and other cases here, but we still have nothing compared to what can be found online or in the States. :/ Seidio products are almost non-existant... In fact, now that you mention it, I'm not sure if I've ever seen an Innocase here before, nevermind one that isn't grossly overpriced.
    Nope I confirmed no Seidio is retailed in Canada through legitimate channels when I ordered 5 Innocases early this year my company's 9700s and 8530s.
    The Crackberry Canada Store and that GoCellular.ca site both have Seidio stuff, but if you want to see and hold before you buy, you're SOL in the True North�

Last edited by elite1; 11-18-10 at 08:09 PM.
    11-18-10 08:07 PM
    It feels like the seidio innocase to me. not exactly the same, but close. I got it in purple...see the attached pics.
    Thanks for the pics, Terita. That looks really nice, and I love that colour actually! I'm man enough to rock that!

Hmmm� decisions�

I wonder if the Innocase Holster would work with that too. Probably�

Last edited by elite1; 11-25-10 at 11:15 AM.
    11-18-10 08:11 PM
    So after 3 pages it seems the debate rages on.....is it worth it to spend $25 on the AGF GRT? I need a case/shell/cover for my Torch and I need the product purchased to not cause more problems than it solves. After reading numerous threads it seems the AGF product MAY be worth the extra $$.....is it?
    11-18-10 09:14 PM
    @Cozmik: you'll probably never hear anyone say anything bad about the Seidio Innocase. Their products are always top-notch.

Look up both and see which you prefer the look of.

11-18-10 09:23 PM
    Thanks Elite. Looking at pics alone I prefer the AGF...and the numerous threads/postings raving about it. Going to order it and hope for the best.

Ordered. Thanks to all who have posted regarding cases for our Torches.
    Last edited by Cozmik; 11-18-10 at 09:33 PM.
    11-18-10 09:29 PM
    Sounds good, make sure you report back a few days after you get it!

11-18-10 09:34 PM
    RezaBerry -They do ship to South Africa!
    11-19-10 03:52 PM
    Sounds good, make sure you report back a few days after you get it!

Will do. I'll give it a solid 5 days or so to really get a feel for it.

For all reading this, I bought a CHEAPO $1 eBay case when I first got my Torch. DON'T do that!!! No good will come of it. You think Otterbox is getting bad reviews for front piece pop off? Look at this one sideways and it let go.

As for causing wobble, no proof but I heavily suspect it may have contributed. It seems that the extra money spent in the long run will save a lot of headaches.
    11-19-10 08:42 PM
    I know this sounds crazy but why not mix the parts . For example the the reason why i prefer Otterbox cases are because of the rubber(absorbs) and hard plastic( phone is pocket friendly) combo and i like the fact that they protect your exposed ports and keys. From experience ive realised the Otterbox front hard piece seems to be the major problem. If so why not just replace the OB front plate with another brands piece , this may mean extra money but it should be less than the cost to repair. After 3 pages of debate i think this would make a good Crackberry review what say you Adam , Blaze or Craig??

I anyone has more than 1 case could u try and see if its possible to mix cases ?
    11-20-10 10:14 AM

Judging from your pics (Thanks!) the top part of that case dosen't seem to have any clips going down between the bottom of the slider and the ridge at the bootom of the keyboard (hope that makes sense)
    Is that correct? And does the top piece stay in place?
    11-25-10 01:55 AM
    Love my Otterbox and haven't had one bit of trouble with cover coming off.
    i strongly agree with u sir
    11-25-10 01:59 AM
    Judging from your pics (Thanks!) the top part of that case dosen't seem to have any clips going down between the bottom of the slider and the ridge at the bootom of the keyboard (hope that makes sense)
    Is that correct? And does the top piece stay in place?
    it actually has clips around the outer edge and on the bottom...see the pictures attached. the top piece doesn't move unless I move it. it's actually a pretty well made case IMO.

11-25-10 02:09 AM
    Thanks for the additional pics. Definitely seems worth the 4 bucks.
    11-25-10 10:12 AM

Thanks. At $3.57 with free shipping, it's definitely worth a try. Got the black one.
    11-25-10 10:22 AM
    I've got a "rocking" sensation with the Seidio Innocase Surface
    11-25-10 11:29 AM
    Still waiting on my ordered AGF, but I found one at the mall today and bought it for my wifes Torch. What a hard case! This thing is awesome! Can't wait till mine arrives. Talk about solid! The case does infact attach to itself and it prevents ANY and ALL slider movement. It kicks a$$!

12-04-10 05:17 PM
    Thanks. At $3.57 with free shipping, it's definitely worth a try. Got the black one.
    It came today. Along with it were a microfiber cloth & a screen protector.

The screen protector actually seemed decent, except one of the stickers to hold onto while installing the protector had better glue than the protector -- it left a paper layer in one corner. Since I got my BestSkinsEver screen protector yesterday, I decided not to struggle with making this one work.

The case is amazingly good for the price. The gap between front & back pieces is larger for the one I got than the pictures of the purple version that was pictured earlier in this thread. The way the two pieces clip onto the phone, it seems less likely to pop off than some of the more well known brands. Overall, it's decently thick that it should protect most of the phone well. And thin enough that it doesn't add a huge amount of bulk to the phone. The front piece is thicker than the Otterbox & other hard cases. So, it's less likely to break from a fall. And the lower edge is high enough that it doesn't interfere with the physical keyboard. The case's rubbery texture gives a good grip. And, unlike some well known cases, the sides line up so the side buttons & charging port are readily accessible.

There are three things I consider downsides to this case.

First, there's NO covering over top chrome button area. So that's at least partly unprotected. The sides of the case are more open than other hard cases usually are, but the design of the case is such that I don't believe that's an issue. The gap between front & back pieces can be noticeable at the bottom of the phone. In most cases, that's probably a nonissue. But I'm suspecting that there may be a problem if the phone is dropped on rough ground where the edge of a stone might get between the two pieces. So, where you use the phone could be an important deciding factor. EDIT: The gap can be more normal sized -- you need to be certain that you slide the phone all the way down into the bottom of the case back piece.

Second, I mentioned the benefits of the thicker front piece. There are also some issues with that. The chrome lock/mute button bar at the top of the phone slopes toward the front of the phone, but the top of the hard case front piece matches the higher rear of the phone. So, getting used to having that extra front edge may take getting used to for some. The front piece thickness adds space between the screen and any surface it might fall on, but it makes the slider buttons & trackball slightly harder to use. A bit of a trade off for safety.

Third, there is one port that doesn't align correctly -- the earphone jack. The top of the hard case opening is right at the top edge of the jack. If you don't use a wired earphone, it's a nonissue. If you do, being a plastic case, anyone who's good with tools can fix it without damaging the integrity of the case.

Overall, I really like it as a hard case. Not too bulky, but thick enough for longevity & safety. And very cost effective. It was $3.57 for the case, free shipping (15-18 days promised, received in 10). BestSkinsEver Screen protector $7.99 including $2.00 shipping -- didn't know a screen protector was included with the case. I got 2 3M microfiber cloths for $1.98 each, plus (I believe) $1.00 shipping -- didn't know the case included one of those, either. And I think we probably all know someone with dish detergent or baby shampoo with no additives -- cost of soap $0, benefits of properly installed protector, priceless. So, I spent $16.52, which is $8-18 cheaper than the rest of the pack. And, if I'd known the case would include a screen protector & a microfiber cloth, it might have been a total of $3.57 or $20-30 cheaper than the rest. At that price, I'd consider it a huge deal.
    Last edited by kraski; 12-04-10 at 09:47 PM.
    homer1475 likes this.
    12-04-10 07:36 PM
    I was real close to buying this case. After reading kraski's review I'm glad I chose the AGF GRT case instead. Now I just have to wait for it to come in.
    12-04-10 07:49 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD