Any suggestions on the best case for the Tour? I like the holster style and there are few selections. I like the casemate one they have for the bold

Case-Mate BlackBerry Bold 9000 Carbon Fiber Leather Case & Holster Combo (Case-Mate BB9000CHC-BCF), BlackBerry Bold Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories in Premium Leather - Model 9000

Anyone know if the Tour is the same size as the Bold?

Any cases similar to the one above? Casemate doesn't appear to have any for the Tour
    08-06-09 08:57 PM
    If you like holster style, I would strongly recommend the Seidio spring clip holster. I've had Seidio holster clips for my previous three bb's and all have outlasted each bb. seidioonline.com

A bit pricey, but well worth the investment.
    08-06-09 08:59 PM
    Are you serious? Do we really need another thread on this?

Here's a hint. Search. Read. There are 1000000 other posts asking the same question.

What is the best.... Its the one you like. Read reviews like the rest of us do.

Search bar is at the top.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 09:06 PM
    So many frustrated people on this forum.

Take a deep breath!!

08-06-09 09:14 PM
    Yes. Its frustrating when people ask the same question over and over instead of searching and finding the simple answer.

For instance, looking at the tour page, I see 4 that have to do with cases.

I'm willing to bed the next question will relate to best programs or a problem with the trackball.

08-06-09 09:17 PM
    Since I am new here and Camalus has a mere 5 months of seniority, I'll temper my comment and say, thank you, for your useful response
    Last edited by whodathunkit; 08-06-09 at 10:02 PM.
    08-06-09 09:28 PM
    If you like holster style, I would strongly recommend the Seidio spring clip holster. I've had Seidio holster clips for my previous three bb's and all have outlasted each bb. seidioonline.com

A bit pricey, but well worth the investment.
    I've tried Seido clips on my Treo's and wasn't that impressed. I really like the Casmate since it has two uses - one if I want only the device covered and put in my pocket and two if I want to use it in the holster. Thanks for your response.
    08-06-09 09:30 PM
    To answer your question. It's not the same as the Bold.
    08-06-09 09:34 PM
    To answer your question. It's not the same as the Bold.
    Thanks - I was hoping it was the same size so I could order the bold case from casemate.
    08-06-09 09:37 PM

Here's a hint. Search. Read. There are 1000000 other posts asking the same question.

Lol....if there were no questions, this board would be half as big.

I prefer innocases myself.

Also, I've seen so many nasty posts lately. Is it holier than thou complexes or is everyone getting theie "friend" at the same time....you know......everyones on the same blackberry cycle! :-)

08-06-09 09:38 PM
    I've tried Seido clips on my Treo's and wasn't that impressed. I really like the Casmate since it has two uses - one if I want only the device covered and put in my pocket and two if I want to use it in the holster. Thanks for your response.
    I've never had Casemate, so I can't speak to those, but if you search around on Seidio, you'll probably find more happy than unhappy users. It's all a matter of personal taste anyhow. I like Nike, you might prefer Reebok.

Hope you find one you like.
    08-06-09 09:41 PM
    While we are on the subject. Anyone know how Innocase 360s compare with Defenders?
    08-06-09 09:44 PM
    I've never had Casemate, so I can't speak to those, but if you search around on Seidio, you'll probably find more happy than unhappy users. It's all a matter of personal taste anyhow. I like Nike, you might prefer Reebok.

Hope you find one you like.
    Good point - the only thing I didn't like about the Seidio when I had my Treo is when I unhooked it, if I wasn't careful or not paying attention the phone would come out of my hands on drop in the ground. With the casemate, it slid up and down and access was easy and if I did drop it, it was protected. I'll give Seidio's website a view to see if something appeals to me - thanks again.
    08-06-09 09:45 PM
    That casemate one looks really nice. I would expect that if that one was popular, they might make a similar one for the Tour but it might take a while.

Have you written them? I wrote Martin-Fields about screen protectors and they said imminent and the next week, got an email saying available.
    08-06-09 11:26 PM

Get a life loser!!!!!
    08-07-09 02:07 AM
    I've posted a lot of case reviews for the Bold awhile back, but will be doing more on the Tour that i now have
    08-07-09 04:41 AM
    Didn't your Sprint Tour come with an OEM belt clip case (I guess is what they call a holster case) it has a magnetic strap to hold it in.

I'm not a case user myself. I just use a screen protector and keep the Tour in my pocket. I just remember to not put keys or anything else in the same pocket.

But BB case that it comes with (at least through Verizon) is a solid well made brown leatherlike case in which the clip also swivels.

I do use the case for extra protection when I go on my boat. I slip it into the case and then a small ziplock bag. I've already drowned two Treos by slipping into the water at the launch ramp, because ramps can be slick.

The thing I like about the OEM case that the phone came with is I see a lot of broken track ball issues posted. This case if you face the Tour out has a wide slot that the trackball slides into which protects it from damage. I would never use any case without this feature!

So if anyone's knows this answer: does Sprint also come with the belt clip holster case in the box like Verizon does?
    Last edited by expidia; 08-07-09 at 04:04 PM.
    08-07-09 07:07 AM
    You said Verizon is brown? Sprint includes a OEM one. Has logo imprinted... Not metal.
    08-08-09 12:22 AM
    Didn't your Sprint Tour come with an OEM belt clip case (I guess is what they call a holster case) it has a magnetic strap to hold it in.

I'm not a case user myself. I just use a screen protector and keep the Tour in my pocket. I just remember to not put keys or anything else in the same pocket.

But BB case that it comes with (at least through Verizon) is a solid well made brown leatherlike case in which the clip also swivels.

I do use the case for extra protection when I go on my boat. I slip it into the case and then a small ziplock bag. I've already drowned two Treos by slipping into the water at the launch ramp, because ramps can be slick.

The thing I like about the OEM case that the phone came with is I see a lot of broken track ball issues posted. This case if you face the Tour out has a wide slot that the trackball slides into which protects it from damage. I would never use any case without this feature!

So if anyone's knows this answer: does Sprint also come with the belt clip holster case in the box like Verizon does?

Yes, my new BB Tour came with a black, holster style case. It's actually better than I thought but I still like the casemate if it becomes available.
    08-09-09 02:44 PM
    Otterbox hands down.
    08-09-09 09:26 PM
    Just got my Seidio spring lock holster. As solid and well built as the previous 3 seidio holsters I've owned. Not sure if I'll use the locking feature very often, but nice to have.
    08-11-09 02:34 PM
    Otterbox hands down.
    Don't you fine the Otterbox line too large and bulky looking?
    08-14-09 08:17 PM
    I've decided on a holster style - any more suggestions?

I called Case-Mate and the person told me they probably don't even have it in production yet so it's going to be at least a few month. I can't wait so am going to have to pick something else.
    08-14-09 08:18 PM
    Innocase Surface Combo, Black

This one looks neat - what do you think?
    08-15-09 09:47 AM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=KucOMyTs

Basic, simple and looks good - do you like this one?
    08-15-09 09:50 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD